"Toonami" News & Discussion Thread

RunoMisaki573

Food Wars would have to be doubled up one week for Blade Runner to be its replacement and that's a common theory on what's going to happen these next few weeks. I'm not expecting older shows or Crunchyroll shows, so Black Clover's replacement is still a mystery. I'm still going with Assassination Classroom season 2, but I lost my bet big with thinking that Blade Runner would replace Fena. It's obvious that scheduling chaos is required to make space for Blade Runner as there will not be any slot openings for the show if they replace Black Clover and Fena with something else and air all the other shows as normal.
If we get no more marathons after the Batman Ninja / Under The Red Hood one, I'd expect Food Wars: The Divine Dish to end the weekend before Blade Runner: Black Lotus premieres.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
f we get no more marathons after the Batman Ninja / Under The Red Hood one, I'd expect Food Wars: The Divine Dish to end the weekend before Blade Runner: Black Lotus premieres.

If there are no reruns, Food Wars The Fourth Plate ends November 13th, the same week Blade Runner is supposed to premiere. They would have to double up episodes for that to work and that's why it looks like at least one Toonami show is going to double up in the next few weeks to make room on the schedule for Blade Runner. Still surprised we still don't have the October 23rd schedule yet.

RunoMisaki573

If there are no reruns, Food Wars The Fourth Plate ends November 13th, the same week Blade Runner is supposed to premiere. They would have to double up episodes for that to work and that's why it looks like at least one Toonami show is going to double up in the next few weeks to make room on the schedule for Blade Runner. Still surprised we still don't have the October 23rd schedule yet.

I checked the calendar and you were right. Blade Runner Black Lotus is better off replacing My Hero Academia, not Food Wars: The Divine Dish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
I checked the calendar and you were right. Blade Runner Black Lotus is better off replacing My Hero Academia, not Food Wars: The Divine Dish.

My Hero Academia ends October 30th, well before Blade Runner is supposed to premiere. The confusing thing is that Blade Runner's ending doesn't correspond to any show ending assuming a normal schedule. I'm surprised we haven't heard of the October 23 schedule or Black Clover's replacement yet. Reddit's panicking about Bebop reruns replacing it, but we'll see. I don't know why they are dragging out the reveal. Let's hope tomorrow we get the schedule reveal.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
My Hero Academia ends October 30th, well before Blade Runner is supposed to premiere. The confusing thing is that Blade Runner's ending doesn't correspond to any show ending assuming a normal schedule. I'm surprised we haven't heard of the October 23 schedule or Black Clover's replacement yet. Reddit's panicking about Bebop reruns replacing it, but we'll see. I don't know why they are dragging out the reveal. Let's hope tomorrow we get the schedule reveal.
I think they want to reveal it in a promo airing the night of the 16/17th.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
I think they want to reveal it in a promo airing the night of the 16/17th.

That feels like quite a long and suspenseful wait. Let's hope the wait is for something to be hyped about. If it's a slot cut or rerun, the fandom rage level is going to be high like in 2020 when lots of slots opened and people were super hyped, yet we kept getting slot cuts announced at the last minute.

RunoMisaki573

We got some lineup updates:

October 23rd:
October 30th:

Such a shame. This was a missed opportunity to bring back Mob Psycho 100 in time for Halloween. Now we have to sit through a Fena marathon and predict the PSI-powered youth doesn't return the following weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan's Revenge

List keeper
I'm a lil confused on something. How many episodes is Fena supposed to have?

Tallying up from them doing two on the night of it's premier and then one a week with no breaks, takes it to 12 after October 23rd, and the marathon of it for October 30th is from 10:30p-5:00a, which is 13 slots.

That'd have to indicate if there is a 13th episode, it leads off the block and just the first 12 get played 11:00p-5:00a. Otherwise they'd have to repeat a repeat the same night.

veemonjosh

Stone free, do what I please
So nothing besides Fena and Batman for the rest of the month. I'm a bit surprised they got The Long Halloween so soon, since it just came out a few months ago (I haven't even gotten around to seeing it yet), but I've heard good things about the adaptation.

So here's the modified end dates:

Fena - October 23rd
My Hero Academia - November 13th
Yashahime (season 1) - January
Food Wars (season 4) - November 27th
Dr. Stone reruns - December 4th

Keep in mind on the last two that we could still get a Thanksgiving marathon. I'm going to predict that MHA gets a one hour finale on November 6th, then on the 13th we get Blade Runner and another new show.

I'm a lil confused on something. How many episodes is Fena supposed to have?

Tallying up from them doing two on the night of it's premier and then one a week with no breaks, takes it to 12 after October 23rd, and the marathon of it for October 30th is from 10:30p-5:00a, which is 13 slots.
Yeah, it's supposed to be 12 episodes. Either that image was a typo or maybe they're filling a half hour at the end with Rick & Morty shorts again.

Last edited:

SpaceCowboy

After seeing the newest Rick and Morty anime short (the Akibahara one), I wonder whether the possibility of an actual anime series being greenlighted becomes more likely by the day.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
After seeing the newest Rick and Morty anime short (the Akibahara one), I wonder whether the possibility of an actual anime series being greenlighted becomes more likely by the day.
Most likely. There's already that Vanguard spin-off in development.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Really, doubling up MHA is the only theory that makes sense and I feel that will be a given on the 11/6 schedule. Dang, it's gonna be brutal wait for MHA fans to see the finale on Toonami. The wait to see what will replace Black Clover and Fena (as it looks like Blade Runner is actually replacing MHA instead of Fena as originally thought) is also a killer. I do wish that they would announce at least one of the new shows to alleviate the panic and theories of Fena reruns replacing Fena premieres and Bebop replacing Black Clover. If it's something super predictable like Megalobox Nomad or Assassination Classroom season 2, I see no reason for the suspense as Blade Runner got announced 4 weeks in advance.

In other news, although Naruto gains its primetime Saturday slot, it finally loses the weekday 4 AM slot. Not that big a loss as it's 4 AM. Being on primetime feels like a big deal as it feels like Adult Swim's treated the franchise like crap the past half decade or so with Shippuden spending at least 5 years in a deathslot (not counting the ill fated primetime Naruto-Boruto power hour). I've always guessed that its been in the back for so long to bolster the back of the block's ratings and not as a punishment. The promotion to prime time at least shows that Adult Swim has some love for Naruto despite relegating it to the back of Toonami.

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
Really, doubling up MHA is the only theory that makes sense and I feel that will be a given on the 11/6 schedule. Dang, it's gonna be brutal wait for MHA fans to see the finale on Toonami. The wait to see what will replace Black Clover and Fena (as it looks like Blade Runner is actually replacing MHA instead of Fena as originally thought) is also a killer.

Nope, it's replacing Fena as the promo that aired not too long ago confirmed:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts