"Toonami" News & Discussion Thread

RunoMisaki573

I just wish this new season of My Hero Academia lasts 12 episodes. I'm tired of having two cours the past three seasons.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
I just wish this new season of My Hero Academia lasts 12 episodes. I'm tired of having two cours the past three seasons.

But...why? They're able to cover more ground by doing two cours. If they only do 12 episodes, they probably won't even reach *that* arc - manga readers will know what I'm talking about.

DonkeyKongSong

According to [as]'s twitter, the Calamavote concert has been pushed to the 17th. So everything will air as normal on the 10th, and it will be pushed on the 17th.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
In potentially huge news for Toonami, after almost a decade, the Bleach sequel series (which will cover the final manga arc) has finally been confirmed, although there isn't a date.

On top of that, a Bleach spin-off manga, Burn The Witch, is also receiving an anime.
The '3 part movie' Burn The Witch anime was really entertaining and introduces an intriguing new element to the Bleach world. Highly recommend. Loved the Bleach easter egg and joke that came right after it. Two cringy fanservice stuff but mostly a lot of action and humor. The 2 leads were a really entertaining duo. Add BTW to the list of 'boy it would be cool if Adult Swim got to air it'.

Last edited:

RunoMisaki573

But...why? They're able to cover more ground by doing two cours. If they only do 12 episodes, they probably won't even reach *that* arc - manga readers will know what I'm talking about.
It's best to take a break from two-cour seasons every once in a while. I'd like this next season to be one-cour long so I can see them air a finale as the 100th episode. That would be a bang. Also, it would be our first one-cour season since the first season of My Hero Academia.

Light Lucario

Staff member
It's best to take a break from two-cour seasons every once in a while. I'd like this next season to be one-cour long so I can see them air a finale as the 100th episode. That would be a bang. Also, it would be our first one-cour season since the first season of My Hero Academia.

One cour doesn't give them a lot of room to adapt the manga though. As much as I enjoyed My Hero Academia's first season, the shorter length is one of its weaknesses since it just stops. The other seasons have been longer and had good stopping points with each of their final arcs. A part of me wouldn't be surprised if season five is one cour, but that wouldn't be because they'd want to make a big deal about the one hundredth episode. I don't think that they've typically done that for other shonen series. If it is one cour long again, then it would most likely be due to potential production problems due to the pandemic.

veemonjosh

Stone free, do what I please
I'd be really against the next season of MHA being only one cour. The next arc is a training arc and, honestly, one of my least favorite in the series (it's not necessarily bad, just drags on too long and only exists to introduce a single, albeit major, plot point). But the arc after that is AWESOME (like, probably my favorite arc at the moment), and there's no way they can fit both into a single cour without really rushing things. So keep it two cours.

Golden Geek

Radio Demon
Staff member
Reporter
All it really takes is a look at the OP (as well as knowing it's a Shonen Jump series) to know we'll be getting Jujutsu Kaisen on Toonami.

More than likely next year, though there's a slight chance we could get it towards the very end of this year. That would suck, though, because it'd immediately go off for a while for marathons.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Didn't Crunchyroll license Jujitsu Kaisen making it improbable to air? I know it took a lot for them to get Mob Psycho 100. I guess being Shonen Jump, Toonami would willingly jump into hell to get the license for it. They fought really hard for My Hero Academia and eventually got airing rights after a year plus of it being unavailable. Don't expect it immediately as they probably have to spend a year fighting for the airing rights.

Reactions: RDG

Golden Geek

Radio Demon
Staff member
Reporter
Didn't Crunchyroll license Jujitsu Kaisen making it improbable to air?

They have streaming rights, but haven't announced that they hold any other rights for it.

If Jujitsu isn't the first thing to make it on from this season, it'll be Yashahime. DeMarco was in fact talking to ANN about Adult Swim and Toonami's history with Inuyasha for a feature article released just five days ago ahead of the premiere of Yashahime.

tykroma94

Didn't Crunchyroll license Jujitsu Kaisen making it improbable to air? I know it took a lot for them to get Mob Psycho 100. I guess being Shonen Jump, Toonami would willingly jump into hell to get the license for it. They fought really hard for My Hero Academia and eventually got airing rights after a year plus of it being unavailable. Don't expect it immediately as they probably have to spend a year fighting for the airing rights.
Picardman is right though. I wouldn't be surprised if Jujutsu ended up being part of Crunchyroll's fall season dubs.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I was so confused on what Holy Calamavote could be, but I forgot that it was a special performance. Skipping Black Clover for the week will probably help with the dub potentially getting some more episodes out there as well.

Reactions: RDG

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts