"Toonami" News & Discussion Thread

BrianLeague

AS Video is probably the closest thing to Jetstream/Reactor that Toonami is going to get now.
Yeah, but I wouldn't really consider Durarara!! as a Toonami show because it never officially aired on Toonami. Even though it is under Toonami shows on Adult Swim's website, it's only because Adult Swim just renamed the action section. I wouldn't consider it a Toonami show unless it happens to air on Toonami or if Adult Swim begins branding the action page with Toonami bumps/backgrounds/logos like they did with Toonami Jetstream, instead of just changing the name.

Beefy

It only hurts forever
In 1999, he boarded the spaceship Absolution as the voice of T.O.M., the host of Adult Swim’s anime programming block, Toonami; the block ran until September of 2008. In April of 2012, as part of an April Fools’ joke, Adult Swim revived Toonami for one night.
Um, what?

In 1999 Sonny Strait was the voice of TOM1. Steve Blum didn't show up until TOM2 in 2000.
And the block did not run on Adult Swim until 2008, it ran on Cartoon Network.

Sheesh.

The Man in Black

I have 5 of broats
Um, what?

In 1999 Sonny Strait was the voice of TOM1. Steve Blum didn't show up until TOM2 in 2000.
And the block did not run on Adult Swim until 2008, it ran on Cartoon Network.

Sheesh.
I interpreted it as them addressing it for what is currently true: "Adult Swim's Toonami block".

The year Blum joined was I guess, a mistake and I suppose they could have mentioned Sonny. All in all tho, I thought it was a pretty good article.

Beefy

It only hurts forever
Yeah, maybe I misinterpreted what they were trying to say. It sounded like they thought Toonami aired on Adult Swim until 2008.
The year Steve Blum joined I can forgive, but I would hope they at least know which half of the channel Toonami aired on.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I interpreted it as them addressing it for what is currently true: "Adult Swim's Toonami block".

That's what I did as well when I read the article. Though, it still could have been worded a bit better in order to make the statement clearer, like how the block was originally a part of Cartoon Network's lineup and has currently been brought back for Adult Swim.

I thought that it was a pretty good article as well. I didn't know that people would come up to Steve Blum at convention for just voicing T.O.M. and Toonami. He seemed quite happy to be back into that role and to hear how he got into Toonami in the first place was pretty interesting.

TheCtes

Durarara!! and The Big O are definetely not Toonami shows before they've aired there imo. Though they probably will soon assuming they'll switch the rerunning shows sometimes.

BrianLeague

TheCtes said:
Durarara!! and The Big O are definetely not Toonami shows before they've aired there imo. Though they probably will soon assuming they'll switch the rerunning shows sometimes.

The Big O will definitely air on Toonami in the future since Adult Swim owns the season 2 episodes. Durarara!! might air on Toonami, but it depends on when Adult Swim decides to change their line up and if they still have the rights to the show. The show may not even air again before the rights expire since it wasn't doing well in rerun ratings to the point Adult Swim pulled it instead of Cowboy Bebop or Ghost in the Shell.

Evo

Agent of Providence
TheCtes said:

Big O was on April Fools Toonami.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.

Featured Posts