"Toonami" News & Discussion Thread

Bad News For Toonami
there was no black clover dub episode announcement from funimation's twitter account today

I Chalked last weekend up as a break due to labor day but no signs of black clover for a second week in a row makes me think
maybe they are giving the cast and crew a longer break

AdrenalineRush1996

Bad news for Toonami

There was no Black Clover dub episode announcement from Funimation's Twitter account today.

I chalked last weekend up as a break due to Labor Day but no signs of Black Clover for a second week in a row makes me think maybe they are giving the cast and crew a longer break.
Or it's possible that it wasn't intended to return either last weekend or this weekend.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
In other potential Toonami news, the Sword Art Online: Progressive spin-off is getting an anime adaption.

Granted, this isn't a guarantee, since the other spin-off went to Netflix.

veemonjosh

The Crimson King
In other potential Toonami news, the Sword Art Online: Progressive spin-off is getting an anime adaption.

Granted, this isn't a guarantee, since the other spin-off went to Netflix.

While no guarantee, I have a feeling this is more likely than Gun Gale Online was, as Progressive is a more "mainline" story (as in it stars Kirito). It's a soft reboot/expanded retelling of the original Sword Art Online arc, primarily focused on fleshing out the two years Kirito and Asuna spent in the game (in the original version, the story jumps straight from Floor 2 to Floor 74).

CNFan1995

Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Toonami Fan.
Bad News For Toonami
there was no black clover dub episode announcement from funimation's twitter account today

I Chalked last weekend up as a break due to labor day but no signs of black clover for a second week in a row makes me think
maybe they are giving the cast and crew a longer break
Now they announced it.

Reactions: RDG
How would you feel if Uzaki-chan Wants To Hang Out joins the Toonami lineup next month? It's a very trending anime, and is quite popular as of now. Normally Toonami wouldn't pick shows like this, but if they did, it would be an unexpected but interesting pick.

PicardMan

Staff member
If Black Clover is two episodes behind and the dub is biweekly, that seems like catching up is less likely. Fire Force season 2 is dubbed a little slower, but being on episode 7 does give Toonami a little cushion.

Light Lucario

Staff member
SAO would be a pretty good bet, especially when they might have less technical issues considering that it wouldn't be a simulcast dub.

I'm pretty sure that they'll still try to get Attack on Titan's last season on the block as soon as possible though. That has been a pretty successful show for Toonami, so I'm sure that they won't want to wait too long to get it airing on the lineiup. They usually don't start new shows in December. The bulk of the month is devoted to marathons, but I could see them starting the season around January or February at the latest if they want to give themselves some wiggle room with any potential delays.

PicardMan

Staff member
Fire Force will air a few months after streaming so there can be hopefully fewer delays. Attack on Titan will probably be a similar thing. They might need to rework the contract because currently it has to air on Adult Swim before streaming. Maybe the dub will still premiere on Toonami but just be a couple of months behind the sub. That would upset a lot of fans, though.

Golden Geek

Gera Gera Po
How would you feel if Uzaki-chan Wants To Hang Out joins the Toonami lineup next month? It's a very trending anime, and is quite popular as of now. Normally Toonami wouldn't pick shows like this, but if they did, it would be an unexpected but interesting pick.

I don't think it'd do very well. It's a good show, but it's a largely fanservice-driven comedy with a lot of repetitive/running gags, very different from what the Toonami audience is used to. I want diversity on the block, but I also understand the need for wider appeal on a cable block versus a streaming service.

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Gennedy has a new show coming soon and returning to Cartoon Network. This better not get screwed over like Sym Bionic Titan

This is an interesting set of choices. We have 2 WB shows and 2 Disney Junior shows.

Apparently, in addition to the DreamWorks incarnation of Trolls... Disney Channel aired the DiC one?
they can bring back g4, chiller, and cloo back on xumo, i mean if they bring back spike tv for pluto tv, why not chiller, cloo, and g4 for xumo