"Toonami" News & Discussion Thread

Latest News & Videos

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
it might not be practical but unless funimation starts cranking out dubbed episodes on a more consistent basis
it's what they'll have to do

I Just don't see them completely removing black clover from the block unless they have no faith in funimation's remote dubbing process

which i wouldn't really blame them if they felt that way

they have no idea when funimation will dub a certain show and how often they'll dub it
I don't think it would be a matter of not having faith in Funimation's dub at home process exactly. They can't spend all of their time dubbing just one series, especially when I think Black Clover came back from its hiatus in Japan as well, and they still want to provide dubs for their other series for their website. They ideally want to keep their staff and crew employed during this time and want to keep people subscribed to their site by providing new content.

Plus, they can run into production problems and I don't think that can make the dub episodes as fast as they normally could in their studios. Given the current virus situation, especially in Texas, I don't think that they'll be able to record normally anytime soon.

Vampire_King

May 2, 2011
My face when I already did, but was still looking forward to rewatching the last arcs dubbed:

I Think it's gonna be a very very long wait to see the rest of the golden wind dub

and on unrelated note Fire Force S2 EP3(dub) won't be released tomorrow so there's a delay from funimation on that

it's probably safe to say We'd be lucky if we saw fire force S2 on toonami at any point for what's left of this year

PicardMan

Staff member
Nov 9, 2016
Adult Swim Con is next week and we that is probably our last best hope for good news this year.

Vampire_King

May 2, 2011
Adult Swim Con is next week and we that is probably our last best hope for good news this year.
and my expectations are set really low because what can they really announce?

Fire Force S2's off the table(especially now that there's a delay on EP3)and Mob Psycho 100 II is just as unlikely as it's ever been

they really need something to get people excited and hyped about toonami again but i just don't know what that could be...

replacing PA and Mob with more reruns would just fuel the fire for The "Toonami's Doomed" Crowd

PicardMan

Staff member
Nov 9, 2016
and my expectations are set really low because what can they really announce?
Maybe Crunchyroll can finally share with Toonami or maybe something already dubbed but never on Toonami like Future Diary, Black Butler or something.

TheCartoonRailfan

Riding the Rails
Aug 12, 2019
Florida
Toonami Lineup for 7/25/2020 from the Facebook page.

12:00am: Dragon Ball Super
12:30am: Special Anime Short
12:40am: Paranoia Agent
1:15am: Mob Psycho
1:50am: Black Clover
2:25am: Ballmastrz
3:00am: Naruto: Shippuden

Reactions: Gold Guy

StorytellerMJ5

Jul 16, 2015
Looks like it could be interesting. But, 2021 is still 5 months away and I doubt it'll air in January so we've got a while to go. Hopefully they announce some stuff that's coming soon tonight.