"Toonami" News & Discussion Thread

Latest News & Videos

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
Airing a simuldub show is extremely risky at this point. They'll still probably try to get it if they can since SAO would probably draw some attention, but they would also most likely have to air reruns a few times at least. Golden Wind's dub being complete is good for Jojo fans though.

veemonjosh

All That Glitters Ain't Gold
Sep 30, 2005
The Grid
Hopefully we do get Golden Wind back soon, but for now the schedule is showing Ballmastrz season 2 on Toonami starting next week.

I'm actually not completely surprised by the prospect of an SAO simuldub. Now that Aniplex is under the same umbrella as Funimation, it's not a huge stretch to see them trying to apply Funimation's already-established simuldub pipeline to Aniplex licenses going forward.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Mar 11, 2005
California, USA
adultswim.toonzone.net

Vampire_King

May 2, 2011
It's bizarre How much radio silence has been around the jojo part 5 dub's completion

all i heard was what ray chase and Phillip Reich said at anime expo lite which seemed to indicate it was finished

however there's always the speculation that only meant the lines recorded by Reich and chase

regardless it seems likely ballmasterz s2 will be on next week instead of jojo

after all if jojo was returning next week

wouldn't we have heard an announcement by now?

Last edited:

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
They often do announce new shows or changes to the schedule at the last minute, so that could be the case for Golden Wind as well, especially when its hiatus was a sudden change for the Toonami crew as well.

Vampire_King

May 2, 2011
I'm way too impatient for Jojo's return......currently I'm just watching mainly for BC and that's 3 episodes away from running out of dubs

so i really do wonder what toonami's long term plan regarding all of this is

i wonder because sooner or later they'll exhaust all rerun options and when we're dealing with current events as they stand

it's very possible toonami could run out of reruns(i hate to sound negative)

i don't wanna bring anyone down with talk like this but i do keep thinking about that possibility in my head

the possibility that toonami runs out of shows to rerun before things improve

Vampire_King

May 2, 2011
it really does seem like toonami's waiting until they run out of BC episodes to put jojo back on the block

otherwise why air ballmasterz S2 this saturday instead of golden wind?

especially since Ray Chase And Phillip Reich said the dub was practically finished

it just doesn't make any sense to keep playing ballmasterz if Jojo is available

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
I assume that they're still fine tuning the remaining episodes. The dialogue might have been recorded, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the episodes would be ready to air.

I do wonder what they'll do once they run out of Black Clover episodes. It would be pretty easy to keep it on the block for reruns, but since it's a long running series instead of a seasonal show, going back and fourth between reruns and premieres wouldn't be practical.

Vampire_King

May 2, 2011
I assume that they're still fine tuning the remaining episodes. The dialogue might have been recorded, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the episodes would be ready to air.

I do wonder what they'll do once they run out of Black Clover episodes. It would be pretty easy to keep it on the block for reruns, but since it's a long running series instead of a seasonal show, going back and fourth between reruns and premieres wouldn't be practical.
it might not be practical but unless funimation starts cranking out dubbed episodes on a more consistent basis
it's what they'll have to do

I Just don't see them completely removing black clover from the block unless they have no faith in funimation's remote dubbing process

which i wouldn't really blame them if they felt that way

they have no idea when funimation will dub a certain show and how often they'll dub it

Last edited: