"Toonami" News & Discussion Thread

Latest News & Videos

May 24, 2012
Lucasville,Ohio
Ready For Toonami Tonight? I'm so ready for Toonami Tonight and It going to be awesome! A new game review and promos will be air during the week. Toonami is now going to get popular!

astarisborn94

May 29, 2012
Texas
Ready For Toonami Tonight? I'm so ready for Toonami Tonight and It going to be awesome! A new game review and promos will be air during the week. Toonami is now going to get popular!
I have to work tonight, so I can't watch it. However, I will try to tweet it tonight and tune in for Week 5.

El-Hazard

I like birds
Jun 17, 2012
I gotta say, as far as getting stuff trending on Twitter last night (because I'm always circling Twitter like a hawk during Toonami), it went over way better than I expected it to. Freakin' Bleach was briefly trending, I just wish I could get a screencap of that.

But yeah, Bleach , Deadman , and Casshern all managed to trend, as well as #Toonami itself.
https://twitter.com/ToonamiFan587/status/214224616070184961

Hopefully the actual ratings themselves were decent, too.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Man in Black

I have 5 of broats
Oct 7, 2002
The Absolution
I gotta say, as far as getting stuff trending on Twitter last night (because I'm always circling Twitter like a hawk during Toonami), it went over way better than I expected it to. Freakin' Bleach was briefly trending, I just wish I could get a screencap of that.

But yeah, Bleach , Deadman , and Casshern all managed to trend, as well as #Toonami itself.
https://twitter.com/ToonamiFan587/status/214224616070184961

Hopefully the actual ratings themselves were decent, too.
I heard even Bebop was trending last night.

Apr 27, 2007
United States
Now that's funny. Laughing Spongebob needs to be a meme if it already isn't.
There's already a page over at KnowYourMeme (hilarious titled "Inappropriate Timing Spongebob Banner") with over 200 images submitted for it already. :sweat: (WARNING: possible MAJOR spoilers for a lot of things. You've been warned. :p)

It'd be pretty neat if Bleach, Toonami, Deadman Wonderland, and Casshern Sins could trend worldwide again. I know it happened with the latter 3 on the night that Toonami returned, but I don't think it's happened ever since.

The Man in Black

I have 5 of broats
Oct 7, 2002
The Absolution
You know, I'm beginning to wonder if I actually DID see Toonami a lot earlier than I usually recall, because I definitely remember seeing this and if that actually WAS '98..

[video=youtube;NGKNcHU4Lyg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGKNcHU4Lyg[/video]

I'm sadly assuming that the music in this promo is yet another unreleased/unknown track.

BrianLeague

Mar 6, 2011
United States
So, I found this... It's an interview with Greg Ayres (voice of Ganta from Deadman Wonderland) from a while ago, before Adult Swim brought back Toonami.

[video=youtube;rR3h1xk4CZU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR3h1xk4CZU&feature=plcp[/video]

I wonder how Adult Swim feels about anime right now though.