Toonami In-Flight Movie "The Iron Giant" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate the Toonami In-Flight Movie "The Iron Giant"!

Votes: 10 66.7%

Votes: 2 13.3%

Votes: 1 6.7%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

William C. Maune

TZ News Editor in Chief
This is the official talkback thread for the Toonami In-Flight Movie "The Iron Giant" making its Toonami premiere September 20th at 4.0 PM (3.0 Central). Would anyone like to comment on this movie?
The movie originally premiered on Cartoon Network back in early July with a 24 hour marathon. It is considered by many critics to be one of the, if not the, best animated movies in recent history.​

IBRB

I loved this movie when I first saw it a few months ago. Only wish the ending wasn't so.... happy?

AinaMacil

White Dingo
It's disney. There's practically a law that says it has to have a happy ending. It does get pretty dark towards the end though. A little weird, at the very least, to see a disney animated character order the nuking of a populated town.

IBRB

Wait a minute; this movie was made by Warner Brothers, not Disney. MAJOR Spoiler below.

Anyway, I wish the Iron Giant did die at the end of the movie, instead of surviving that nuclear blast

Zapages

Persian Prince
first time I watched it... I loved it all the way through the end.... 5 STARS from ZA Pages

J.C.

Citizen of Cobra-La
Originally posted by IBRB
Anyway, I wish the Iron Giant did die at the end of the movie, instead of surviving that nuclear blast

You wanted him to die?! You blood.... uh, oil hungry freak!!! :p

But, seriously, I think the ending was pretty good. It would of packed a more powerfull punch if what you wanted was so, but what's done is done, and I think it was still a great family movie that really should of done better in theatres.

Disney?? Disney wishes they could still make movies without Pixar that are this good.

Achika

Wow I'm glad I decided to watch this movie. It was pretty good actually. Started off slow but ended big. It's a worthy Toonami movie says I.

Now what is next weeks movie? They've not yet played a commercial for it.

BlackCat

The Dark Knight
I loved this movie. It had a little bit of everything, but it could have used more action. I'm fine with the way it is, though. I'm happy that The Iron Giant finally might be getting a Special Edition DVD. The deleted scenes sound great (see news page). I loved the ending and how you see that he is alive but in separated parts. The celebrity voice actors did a great job, and I didn't recognize them when I first heard them during the 24 hour marathon.

This episode gets from me a 4/5 stars.

William C. Maune

TZ News Editor in Chief
"Now what is next weeks movie? They've not yet played a commercial for it."

There is not a movie next week. For now on Fridays you are returned to your regularly scheduled programming for the first 1.5 hours of Toonami.​

JetMaster5

ditching the "wing"
I love this movie. It should've been a masterpiece. This, people, is what American animation is truely the best at. They have all the skills and determination needed to make the best, mature cartoons ever. If American cartoon creators were as respected as the Japanese cartoon creators and cartoons weren't labeled as "for kids only", then I believe this movie would've been held up there with Cowboy Bebop is in Japan or Batman is in America.

gtracer72

All hail Starscream!!
I really dislike this movie. The only part that I did like was at the end when he turned into that war machine. That was sweet. That was the only part that I watched.

JTurner954

Paradigm City, USA
It's ok, but there are too many unanswered questions about his origin. Plus, I am not a fan of movies where it builds up for a sequel, and the sequel never happens. Is the book better?

Arde

STUD...ent
Iron Giant is a good animated movie.
It's not the best in the world, but it's quite good that it deserves better than all the craps Disney been churning out lately.

It's a real treat to not see any comic relief in an American animated movie once.
The problem with Iron Giant is that it's boring. Not because of the humour (God knows we don't need any more comic sidekick), nor the action.
It's just that the kid playing with the robot scene takes too much screentime. I have more interest in seeing the reactions of the townspeople upon knowing or seeing the robot.
Fortunately, it was quite saved by the final scenes involving the military and the robot's sacrifice.

Some people have been saying that the Iron Giant is one of the best animated movie. It's not, it's just good but certainly not the best. Compared to most of the American animated movies these days, yes. But compared to the Disney masterpieces or Japanese animated movies, no.

Discloner

Spooned to death
Its the only Show on Toonami where they said Dammit, Oh my sweet Jesus, oh my god, hell, and prayer!

It definitly deserves to be on Toonami! :D

oranthal

Superman: A hero in life and in death
i saw the movie for the first time this past friday, so my question is: what is with the dude who wants to blow up the iron giant so badly?

JetMaster5

ditching the "wing"
Originally posted by oranthal
i saw the movie for the first time this past friday, so my question is: what is with the dude who wants to blow up the iron giant so badly?

He hated the robot because it threatened his career. He wanted revenge and what better revenge than to have him blown up.

raykremer

I really dislike this movie. The only part that I did like was at the end when he turned into that war machine. That was sweet. That was the only part that I watched.
It is more of a boy-and-his-dog movie than it is a giant-robot-wrecks-havok movie. Just instead of a dog it's a giant robot. It's a feel-good movie with a science fiction bent rather than a knock down drag out science fiction action thriller.

I still like that they put it on Toonami, mostly because more people need to see this under-promoted gem, but since there is a giant robot it fits in, and it's nice to have something American in the block every once in a while to remind us that Japan doesn't have a monopoly on good animation.

But I can understand reactions like the one above. Just go back to your DBZ.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Today's my birthday! :D
Can't wait for the party this weekend!
Microsoft just bought Activision/Blizzard for $68 billion. And people thought the Bethesda deal was huge? Mind. Blown.
I wonder what if Viacom responsed to turner buying Hanna barbera by buying Fred wolf films (meant they would own the 1987 tmnt cartoon) in 1992 or 1993 and they later buy the tmnt ip as well as mirage studios in in the mid-late 90s or early-mid 2000s instead of 2009
PF9
What if Viacom bought Capital Cities/ABC instead of Disney in 1996?

ABC did have a good relationship with Paramount Television after all.
When it comes to Nickelodeon, nothing is sacred. Not even a creator's wishes. Hillenburg did not want to promote fast food and this is what Nick does...

Featured Posts