Toon Zone Talkback - "The Slayers" Go to NEXT, Bandit Killer!

Duke

Truer Words Were Never Spoken
This is the talkback thread for "The Slayers" Go to NEXT, Bandit Killer!.

Next is...Next. But was it a Revolution?

splash_slayers2lg.jpg

Juu-kuchi

Everypony's Starry-Eyed
To answer your question most undoubtedly so, since Slayers NEXT was a more confident, upbeat, product that focused upon the franchise's better aspects.

I really need to rewatch it. The CPM Collection was one of my first few DVD box sets.

Undrave

Forever Burning Heart!
I have the whole serie on tape, but even there I feel somewhat compelled to get it on DVD...ahh dilemas...dilemas...

Tea

>:D
Yeah. Of course, I'll take this back if Slayers Revolution turns out to be very mediocre or crappy.

I agree with the review. Best in the series.

BrendaBat

WTF!?
Cute. :anime:
Next was definitely the best season. The story twists didn't feel forced and the filler was really entertaining. Plus, you gotta love how the writers managed to deliver on the romantic fan service in the final episode and still keep the status quo. :p

And David Moo's goofy Xellos voice grew on me after a while. If only for the fact that the scene where Zelgadis mocks Xellos' catchphrase is a lot funnier in the dub because of it. :D

From the review
Martina's voice is kind of a medium between Lillis' Misty and Jessie voices from Pokémon and works out extremely well, though the voice she uses for a little girl during one episode of Disc 2 is just plain awful.
That's always bugged me, too. Maybe she was sick when she recorded that part or something. :confused:

Originally posted by Undrave
I have the whole serie on tape, but even there I feel somewhat compelled to get it on DVD...ahh dilemas...dilemas...
You have all the tapes?! :eek: Dude, if I were you, I'd get the DVDs just so I could dump the tapes in storage and/or e-bay and have my shelf space back. :p

Juu-kuchi

Everypony's Starry-Eyed
That's always bugged me, too. Maybe she was sick when she recorded that part or something. :confused:
Does anybody remember if Pokemon was being dubbed at the same time NEXT was being dubbed? If so, they may have just said, "Oh just use your Misty voice for the young girl, they seem to be about the same age range, and kindof ham it up since she's not a serious character or something."

Undrave

Forever Burning Heart!
You have all the tapes?! :eek: Dude, if I were you, I'd get the DVDs just so I could dump the tapes in storage and/or e-bay and have my shelf space back. :p

Yup... ALL the tapes for ALL three seasons of The Slayers.

Altough the idea of reclaiming my shelf space isn't a bad idea ^^;;

I just don't want to lose the vintage previews >.> especially for Knights of Ramune ;)

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts