Toon Zone Talkback - Marvel To Launch Disney/Pixar Magazine

Dudley

Staff member
That's pretty neat. I'm glad Marvel's doing this with Disney, though it seems more catered to Pixar.

The question now is how will this effect Boom Studios, or will it at all?

Spideyzilla

Staff member
Hey, that's cool! I was a fan of Disney Magazine, so I will be checking this out.

darkdetective

Former TZ Reporter/Reviewer
That's pretty neat. I'm glad Marvel's doing this with Disney, though it seems more catered to Pixar.

The question now is how will this effect Boom Studios, or will it at all?
Classic Disney characters will still be handled by BOOM.
IGN said:
Regarding the future of Boom's Disney/Pixar books, Publisher and CEO Ross Richie told IGN, "The team over at Marvel is some of the best in comics publishing -- Dan, Joe, Axel, and Tom are great at what they do, and I'm sure the characters will be in excellent hands. I certainly love the material they're collecting from our Cars: Rally Race graphic novel. Landy Walker and Marcio Takara were unable to finish their last arc of The Incredibles so I hope Marvel's able to complete the story, I for one would love to read it. Working with Disney and Pixar was a highlight in my 6 years of BOOM! publishing. Those are some great folks! Meanwhile, Mickey, Donald and Darkwing fans can look forward to some great stories from BOOM Kids! and all the BOOM Kids! fans need not fret -- BOOM Kids! 2.0 is right around the corner."

It looks like Marvel will be the only ones handling the Disney/Pixar characters while Boom! will retain the rights to continue the adventures of the classic Disney characters.

CyclonatorZ

And once that happens. Maybe, just maybe, we'll get Gargoyles to return.

Except that Disney apparently wants to forget that Weisman's series ever existed, and replace it with a new movie also based on gargoyles:

https://www.toonzone.net/forums/showthread.php?t=270766&highlight=Gargoyles

Granted, it's been half a year since this was announced, but I'm doubtful disney dropped it just because of a small facebook campaign protesting against it. If this does end up being made, we can kiss the original Gargoyles goodbye in terms of official recognition. :(

darkdetective

Former TZ Reporter/Reviewer
Neat, I hope this is a nice slow transition, until everything's is under Marvel.
And once that happens. Maybe, just maybe, we'll get Gargoyles to return.
Marvel did have a Gargoyles series, back in the day. Maybe we will begin to see some trades?

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
To be honest I don't trust Marvel with Disney properties, after how badly they treated them in the mid-90's. Pick up some of the comics they did based on the then-new animated films; they're awful. Everyone acts horribly out of character.

Also, they were all canned after ten issues. Marvel is not BOOM and the sales numbers that would satisfy BOOM won't satisfy Marvel. If they make their own Pixar comics, those comics will have a much shorter life than they would have had under BOOM.

Spideyzilla

Staff member
Marvel did have a Gargoyles series, back in the day. Maybe we will begin to see some trades?

I can't see any interest in Marvel doing that. I would like to see it, but Marvel would not release such a little known comic book to please the cult fan base of an old show.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How do I post comments on profile posts without that stupid ad on the bottom blocking me?
Al Jean hoping The Simpsons makes it to 1000 episodes sounds more like a threat than a promise, especially with how Julie Kavner's voice has been sounding.
Veronica Taylor posted on Twitter that Rachael Lillis has been ill for a few months, and posted the link to a GoFundMe set up by Rachael's sister Laurie. I will post it here:

Here's an Intel Pentium MMX commercial featuring the voice of Casey Kasem, along with a certain disco hit song:

Featured Posts