Toon Zone Talkback - Kids WB To Give Looney Tunes Extreme Makeover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
What I mean by anti-authority is that for the most part the characters Bugs Bunny went up against were authority figures. Yosemite Sam was often a general and often was interested in destroying Bugs' rabbit hole to make way for progress by building something over it. The shorts were for the most part AGAINST "progress" if the number of high-tach gadgets the Coyote used that failed miserably were any indication.

And we learn from the shorts that animals are smarter than people.

Steve Carras

SUGAR RUSH!!!!
Fone Bone said:
What I mean by anti-authority is that for .
That was the point ehre but to indicate the misunderstanding (e.g., the "Poochie" situation)..the "street kid against auhtoriy figures"> AGain, if Busg was anti autority then he was a street "rapper" aaginst authority figures, whichb we knwo ten eyars ago (ganmgsta Taz anybody?:D) was taken too far-Busg was a WHOLSEOME creature, who ONLY attacked if provoked, and inc lassic,s Daffy was NTO the enemy as he';s protrayed.

I prefer CLmapett's version..BobClampett created Bugs, beany and Cecil but everyone, CHuck Jones (whos's unduly favored,esp.) slammed CLampett;.

Speakinf ow which,see my Bob Cthread!

Hordesman

slashor
Steve Carras said:
That was the point ehre but to indicate the misunderstanding (e.g., the "Poochie" situation)..the "street kid against auhtoriy figures"> AGain, if Busg was anti autority then he was a street "rapper" aaginst authority figures, whichb we knwo ten eyars ago (ganmgsta Taz anybody?:D) was taken too far-Busg was a WHOLSEOME creature, who ONLY attacked if provoked, and inc lassic,s Daffy was NTO the enemy as he';s protrayed.
I did see gangster t-shirts of Bugs, Babs and even Fred Flintstone on people 10 years or so ago. I usually saw them in Florida and never for sale anywhere I shopped.

shoujoaifan

Before, I like the design of Bugs, but seeing how they all look the SAME, bodywise, plus throw in black for everyone, then it looks bad.

This show would ONLY work if its a comedy, like Duck Dodgers is supposed to be about fighting tyranny, but its mostly comedy.

Woulfe

I'm Just Dis Wolf See ?
Are You Pondering What I'm Pondering ?

I had a crazy idea, why don't we tell WB how we'd do this new show ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Loonitics - Season One - Synopsis

Episode One - Orgins

Your typical this is where they came from, this is how they got here, how they got thier powers, the backstory basicly. Buzz Bunny a mild-mannered reporter for the Daily Bungle is at a lab doing a story on genticly enhanced spiders is bit by one. Duffy Duck as a kid is walking down a dark alley with his parents when they get pied by a madman gets it into his head he sould become a crime-fighter with nifty gadets on a utility belt. The others orgins are also parodies on super hero orgins, just take a typical super hero orgin and twist it around to make it silly or funny. Maximus then has all the heros team up to form - Loonitics -

Episode Two - A funny thing happened to me along the way to Burbank

If you're going to have super heros you need super villians, only these super villians are just as over the top as the Loonitics, with weapons like the simi-automatic-repeating pie launcher and the anvil bazooka just to give you a sample of toys the super villians use. A battle between the villians and heros breaks out, insanity rains, yes litteraly.

Episode Three - Toon Titans

The oh you know they have to do it because of the style of animation this is in cross-over episode. The Teen Titans show up meet The Loonitics. CHAOS happens as the two teams try to get along while they go out for pizza and Mad Mod interupts the party only to loose his mind from the insanity thats happening before him, the Teen Titans don't do any better as the Loonitics do thier thing that they do. Buzz "Do you MIND keeping the fighting down, i'm trying to get us some pizza !" This freezes the battle while he's on the phone. The battle continues once he's off the phone of course.

Episode Three - Draging Ball Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

This episode goes and makes fun of every other popular Anime show out there on TV. Pot shots are takeing at Draging Ball and it's one trillion spin-offs. Pot shots are taken at You-Gee-Oh, PukeMon, you name it they each get lamblasted in more ways then you can count useing both hands and feet. The Loonitics discover that even they are part of a Collectable Card Game that has no reason for being other then to line someone's pockets with cash, as well as video games, notebooks, t-shirts, ect ect ect.

Episode Four - Pop Culture

The great cola wars of 2772 escilate as Cooky Cola & Burpsi start fireing actual cans of soda at one another. The Loonitics are called in to stop this maddness, only to join in and make it worse by adding pies and anvils into the mix. Before you know it both companies are in ruin and the Loonitics are the only thing left standing. Buzz "Well, we did end the cola wars, didn't we ?"

Episode Five - Internuts

Uhm, yea. The all you base craze is made fun of, along with us here on the ToonZone boards
wink.gif
AOL takes damage as well, along with MSN and others. The Loonitics read e-mail from fans asking lame questions that have no meaning whatsoever in the cartoon world, like - is Tweety male or female ? - The entire episode ultimatly turns into an updated version of The Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Get A Life Foundation.

Episode Six - A day in the life redux

The Road Rovers show up and we get to hear Exiles song again. [ heh heh heh ] All to make fun of the FCC and it's outragous regulations regarding content in cartoons. The Loonitics break every insane rule the S&B folks put on cartoons in the most upsurd way one could imagine, but it all turns out okay as it's done tongue firmly planted in cheek and the only thing lost is folks minds once it's all said and done.

Episode Seven - The Just Us League

The Toonitics try to join the Justice League, only too be turned down as they are too crazy. They of course don't take no for an answer and sneak on board anyway. Insanity happens as the League trys to get rid of them by tossing them out, only to have them return again and again. This keeps going on 'till Superman breaks down and says they can join if they promise to stay far far far far far away from the JL HQ. Buzz " Okay, but only because we like you "

Episode Eight - Cartoonitics

Cartoon Network Cartoon Cartoons get slided, diced, and served with a nice hollidaze sauce and fava beans. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Episode Nine - Nine Nine Nine Nine Nine Nine Nine Nine Nine Nine Nine Nine

The this is so random it doesn't make any scence whatsoever episode. Everything that hasn't been made fun of yet gets made fun of here, only it happens so fast and so rapidly that folks at home need to watch the show again and again with the pause button going on and off over and over.

Episode Ten - Of course you relize this means Warners

Bugs Bunny and the other classic cartoons drop by to congradulate Buzz and company for driveing everyone who watches the show Looney Tunes. This leads into a parody of the Ocars, only it take 30 mins instead of 3 hours.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Woulfe
* Okay, lets see the rest of you guys come up with ideas now *

Karga

Chibi Chaser
Cellar Door

Buzz Bunny looks like Frank from Donnie Darko.

Uhm, wasn't there some kind of recent declaration that Warner Brothers was going to start working with anime companies in Japan to make their own product? Isn't that what this is?

If you can judge a show based on the character designs, yeah, this looks like it could be heinous. Everyone looks too mean to be heroes.

Maybe it's post transformation and they normally look like the funnybook animals they're supposed to look like. That's the only way I could find sympathy for those harsh looking characters.

The Tazmanian Devil and the Road Runner are barely sapient--they're more like forces of nature than characters. What is the WB going to do with them?

Hatred of this new idea is pretty widespread. This might not even come to pass.

I'd rather see a Captain Carrot and the Amazing Zoo Crew show, but it's probably way too late for that.

Duke

Truer Words Were Never Spoken
Karga said:
Uhm, wasn't there some kind of recent declaration that Warner Brothers was going to start working with anime companies in Japan to make their own product? Isn't that what this is?
Time Warner is the one who made the deal, so other companies aside from WB are taking part in this, a la IGPX for Cartoon Network. But I don't really think this will be an anime. If it were, the heroes would have some kind of snazzy armor, giant robots, or the ability to manipulate energy. Plus, they'd have pupils. It looks "psuedo-anime" like Totally Spies.

Hordesman

slashor
Duke said:
Time Warner is the one who made the deal, so other companies aside from WB are taking part in this, a la IGPX for Cartoon Network. But I don't really think this will be an anime. If it were, the heroes would have some kind of snazzy armor, giant robots, or the ability to manipulate energy. Plus, they'd have pupils. It looks "psuedo-anime" like Totally Spies.
Man, you know they'll go with giant robots if this tanks. Saint Usagi... Ok, I remember a McDonalds promotion of LT characters dressed as DC superheroes. And that was it. No lame tv tie-in.

Woulfe

I'm Just Dis Wolf See ?
Faux Anime.

Faux Anime, yup that's what this is, why ?
Just so it'll look like every other cartoon on TV nowadays.
I forsee a time on TV in the near future that's what it'll all look like.
Anime & Faux Anime everywhere you look, no more 'funny' cartoons.
Nope, gotta be 'hip' and 'fly' and all the other lame buzzwords you can think of.
Forget originality, it's out the door, along with common scence [sp] they want to be the next 'hot' thing, expect to see a tradeing card game from this show, along with video games, t-shirts, and so forth and so on.
One reason why I hope that it's a parody of Faux Anime is so they can make fun of all the 'collectables' that go with the popular Anime shows nowadays, just look at PokeMon on the same channel, they must be on season one trillion by now and it's still going, why ?
Because WB is makeing a mint off the t-shirts, cards, video games, ect, that tie in with the show, they want something like that for Looney Tunes, personnal speaking why don't they just bring back the WB stores like they used to have ?
No, that'd be too SMART for them to do something like THAT, yes ?

Woulfe
* I remember they used to sell LT stuff on QVC even, what happened to that ? *

Duke

Truer Words Were Never Spoken
Woulfe said:
Faux Anime, yup that's what this is, why ?
Just so it'll look like every other cartoon on TV nowadays.
I forsee a time on TV in the near future that's what it'll all look like.
Anime & Faux Anime everywhere you look, no more 'funny' cartoons.
Nope, gotta be 'hip' and 'fly' and all the other lame buzzwords you can think of.
Forget originality, it's out the door, along with common scence [sp] they want to be the next 'hot' thing, expect to see a tradeing card game from this show, along with video games, t-shirts, and so forth and so on.
One reason why I hope that it's a parody of Faux Anime is so they can make fun of all the 'collectables' that go with the popular Anime shows nowadays, just look at PokeMon on the same channel, they must be on season one trillion by now and it's still going, why ?
Because WB is makeing a mint off the t-shirts, cards, video games, ect, that tie in with the show, they want something like that for Looney Tunes, personnal speaking why don't they just bring back the WB stores like they used to have ?
No, that'd be too SMART for them to do something like THAT, yes ?

Speaking as someone who greatly enjoys Pokemon (One of my top 5 favorite cartoons of all time), the reason it is still going on is because it gets ratings. Ratings=profit. No profit=no KWB. Same reason why Yu-Gi-Oh is still on the network. Hell, in Japan, Pokemon is still in the Top 10 ratings-wise among all animation. BTW, the U.S. is on season 7, while Japan is starting season 9. Also, WB only makes money off the TV airings and any Pokemon merchandise they sell directly. The toys' profits go to Hasbro, 4Kids, and Nintendo. The cards' go to Wizards of the Coast, 4Kids, and Nintendo. The video games' go to Nintendo. The DVDs' go to Viz, 4Kids, and Nintendo. WB's profits lie mostly in ratings nowadays, which is why they forced Cartoon Network to stop showing the series, as it was taking away KWB's Pokemon ratings.

And aside from Pokemon, Duel Masters, and Yu-Gi-Oh, what "collectable" anime are out there? Digimon isn't really a "collectable" anime, DBZ is pure action, Gundam is a war drama, Yu Yu is DBZ-esque street brawling, Zatch Bell is in the same boat as Digimon, .hack// is a psycho-analysis with a video game background, Cyborg 009 is an action show, One Piece is a mega-action show, Sonic X is a tamer action show made for the kiddies, FMA is an action show, Rurouni Kenshin is an action story set in the late 1800's during Japan's Bakamatsu Revolution, Ghost in the Shell is a cop show/psycho-analysis, Inuyasha is a romantic action series, Wolf's Rain is a dark psycho-analysis show, as is Witch Hunter Robin, and Super Milk Chan just sucks. Even Duel Masters is more of a parody than a serious collectable show. So, where is this "fad" for collectable anime coming from? Hell, the only anime outside of 4Kids.tv/KWB that even get a major toy line are Gundam, Duel Masters, and Dragonball/Z/GT.

JohnCrichton

An astronaut!
I can tell, by reflex I'm all suppose to be "angry and mad that they're ruining my childhood" or something, but this looks like something different and as I can see, Looney Tunes still exists in all its glory.

I have to say... this looks kinda cool, actually. I'm looking forward to giving the show a chance. :sweat:

Dynomutt

KAR-TOO-NISHT!
Hey, guys, it's been a long time!

All I can say about this is that at least I'm still drawing the classic Looney Tunes comics unless I'm re-asigned for Loonatics. Hmmmmm.....

-Dave Alvarez

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
To be fair this kind of outrage existed before Tiny Toons as well, but most people on this board remember it fondly. I don't, as I was fifteen at the time it premiered and found it painfully unfunny, but there is always the chance that the next generation will see this as a creative show rather than the tripe it actually is.

I would have much preferred a Looney Tunes show like Duck Dodgers back then rather than the bastardized Tiny Toons (but at least Taz-Mania was decent.)

Ekkostar

This reminds me of a short-lived "Xtreme Sonic" line that SEGA licensed in the mid-90s. Sonic, the Badniks and Robotnik all became black and neon colored. I guess that the line didn't progress any further than a book and collectable stickers. (Thanks to Shadow of a Hedgehog):

XtremeSonic.jpg

Buster Bunny

Certified Rabbitologist
I laughed when I saw this, i dunno if any of you have already noticed it but the video that was posted uses background footage from Batman the animates series. Look at these pictures (i do not take credit for this someone else took em)
wtf1.jpg

wtf3.jpg

You can clearly see Batman in the background and notice that the characters do not move from their 1 pose. All i have to say is WTF? :p

hobbyfan

adoptedBatpuppy said:
This is the talkback thread for Kids WB To Give Looney Tunes Extreme Makeover.

This is Cool! I missed the Old Lonney Tunes :(

I can't wait until this series comes out! I'm definetly going to give it a try!
I'm approaching this with an open mind, myself.

What bothers me more is that there are people getting too bothered by what they consider to be what amounts to blasphemy. Folks, "Loonatics" is set in the 28th Century. The descendants of Bugs, Daffy, et al, are meant to be superheroes (which Bugs & Daffy parodied way back in the day) with a satirical twist. This would be filed, then, under "comedy-adventure".

I read of people complaining about "Tiny Toon Adventures", "Baby Looney Tunes", and even "Duck Dodgers". Give me a break!

Think back to when "Tiny Toon" debuted back in 1990. These were completely different characters who were being trained to follow in the footsteps of their famous teachers. WB was hoping this would be "Looney Tunes: The Next Generation". "Tiny Toon" ran for, what, 5, 6 years on Fox, and if memory serves finished its run on Kids' WB. I think it did pretty well.

"Baby Looney Tunes" was hyped to the moon when it launched in 2003. Unfortunately, this was a show that was 15 years late. The best time to have tried this was back in the late 80's, when "Muppet Babies" was hot. "BLT" bombed in syndication, and now airs daily on Cartoon Network, even on weekends. I've seen a few eps, and I thought it was ok.

"Duck Dodgers" was another series that was a long time in coming. Duck's original adventure was produced back in the 50's, as a sendup of Buck Rogers. As usual, Daffy's getting no respect, and very little love from CN.

Now comes "Loonatics". The purists are already clenching, gnashing teeth, and cringing. What do they want, a return to the good old days? I'm looking forward to this, and they'd better not bum-rush it off like they did with "Da Boom Crew".

Your opinion varies, of course.

hobbyfan

Dynomutt said:
Hey, guys, it's been a long time!

All I can say about this is that at least I'm still drawing the classic Looney Tunes comics unless I'm re-asigned for Loonatics. Hmmmmm.....

-Dave Alvarez
Dave,

What are the chances of DC doing a Loonatics comic, even as a miniseries?

PeppeRaskell1

Peanutized!!!
I'd give anything to see ToonZone get a Q&A session with the Tremblay brothers (Christian and Yvon), or anyone else involved with the Loonatics production. I'd ask them just about every question about what the finished product will be like, how it felt to be chosen to design the characters, what sort of villains we could expect, etc. etc., as well as what happened to SWAT Kats, will they do a remake of the show, and, of course, THE question I've always wanted to ask:

Why did they make Mega Babies? (Read: "What the heck were they thinking?!?")

tedcassidy

Well, I just watched the video trailer of this, and I think it looks kind of cool. I can still watch the classic Looney Tunes, and to me, this takes nothing away from the past. The classics are still brilliant, and they stand alone, with or without any new series, including this one. It's, as it said, a completely different show, with completetely different characters. It looks cool, and I know that as a kid, I would have loved it if I had seen a commercial for it. I remember the classic episode where Bugs gets the super carrots, and has superpowers. I always wanted to see the Looney Tunes get superpowers, and they have taken that concept and applied it to a future world, which I think in no way takes anything away from the greatness of what has gone before. If this show fails because it's poorly done, that one thing. But, to hate it just because it's different than what's been done before is pretty narrow thinking.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts