Toon Zone Talkback - "Dan Vs. Toonzone News" Interviewing Co-Creators Dan Mandel and Chris Pearson

Dan's Revenge

List keeper
This was a fun read. For this being their first animated series, they're doing what I think is an exceptionable job. Brilliant writers, I do enjoy the animation and just the character's personalities are awesome.

No kidding on the fan art either, I found a load of it on deviant art once. I'm no artist, but who cares, I'll have to give it a try.

Enjoyed that clip too, Dan wrecking Chris and Elise's breakables... that's the Dan we love :)

GatorMan92

Milk...Cereal...Combine.. .
Because you demanded it, true believers!

Thank you, Stan Lee, and good night...

Jokes aside, interesting to hear that the show was originally conceived as an adult comedy and that Elise was loosely based on a real person.

The Talon

Thank you, Stan Lee, and good night...

Jokes aside, interesting to hear that the show was originally conceived as an adult comedy and that Elise was loosely based on a real person.
Given how much dark humor there is on the show, I can definitely believe that.

King_of_doom

kiva fan
It was a nice interview, i remember they where going for a live action then a cartoon, i think they could have done it ala My Name Is Earl but i don't think they would pull the stuff the cartoon had done and i'm not talking about the supernatural.

So far the show is getting better and better and hoping episodes like Burgerphile, Thanksgiving, Mall Santa and Neighbors have the same comedy and great moments that the series has shown so far.

Kinda sad we didn't get hints on a DVD release, more merchandise but hopefully in the future we will.

Ed Liu

Frog of Thunder
Staff member
Reporter
Kinda sad we didn't get hints on a DVD release, more merchandise but hopefully in the future we will.

Ah, crud, I KNEW there was something I forgot to ask about...:)

However, from past experience, the creators often aren't involved in DVD releases, except sometimes as participants in bonus features. Mark McCorkle and Bob Schooley never knew why Kim Possible never went to DVD, James Tucker never had any insider info on Batman: Brave & the Bold DVDs other than that they were going to do "soccer mom" releases, and Pendleton Ward didn't do anything for the first Adventure Time DVD except select episodes for it.

Still, there's quite a few Hub shows going to DVDs now (Transformers Prime, My Little Pony: FIM, and some of the pre-schooler shows), so I expect it's only a matter of time.

King_of_doom

kiva fan
Ah, crud, I KNEW there was something I forgot to ask about...:)

However, from past experience, the creators often aren't involved in DVD releases, except sometimes as participants in bonus features. Mark McCorkle and Bob Schooley never knew why Kim Possible never went to DVD, James Tucker never had any insider info on Batman: Brave & the Bold DVDs other than that they were going to do "soccer mom" releases, and Pendleton Ward didn't do anything for the first Adventure Time DVD except select episodes for it.

Still, there's quite a few Hub shows going to DVDs now (Transformers Prime, My Little Pony: FIM, and some of the pre-schooler shows), so I expect it's only a matter of time.

That's true so no worries Ed, at least you gave us a good interview with the creators of the show and made some interesting comments.

Hopefully they make an announcement of a DVD release :).

Dan's Revenge

List keeper
Hopefully they make an announcement of a DVD release :).

I was thinking of something like this a while ago, it's been done before (don't remember what) but for what I see as an idea, say they release Season 1 as a whole (I hope) or even at least half (11, 11). Dan vs. would be in the center top, with Dan in the center pumping up his fists and yelling "SEASON 1!" or "SEASON 1 PART 1"/"SEASON 1 PART 2", said just under "Dan vs". Kind of like he's angry at it

Last edited by a moderator:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts