Toon-A-Vision kids channel launches in Canada

AdrenalineRush1996

It is a pretty big show for an unknown channel. PAW Patrol actually has no national broadcaster in Canada. It airs across a handful of regional channels. It's possible they got second window (they're starting from season 1) national rights or they've given up on getting carriage beyond the Maritimes and grabbed local rights.
Which probably explains why Paw Patrol has never aired on Nickelodeon Canada.

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
With the main reason being to follow Canadian content standards.

Not at all. Canadian content quotas are barely a thing anymore. Nickelodeon Canada is a zombie channel that only airs reruns of older shows. Everything new airs on YTV. Cartoon Network airs current CN Studios shows before Teletoon does, but at a delay from the U.S. debut. Both of them likely only exist as contractual obligations.

AdrenalineRush1996

Not at all. Canadian content quotas are barely a thing anymore. Nickelodeon Canada is a zombie channel that only airs reruns of older shows. Everything new airs on YTV.
There is another reason why Nickelodeon Canada has become as such other than YTV airing new shows from their US counterpart as Corus launched a Nick SVOD channel recently.

Cartoon Network airs current CN Studios shows before Teletoon does, but at a delay from the U.S. debut.
CN Canada also airs content from Teletoon in addition to showing shows from their US counterpart.

Both of them likely only exist as contractual obligations.
Licencing agreements between US TV channels and Canadian media companies are pretty much contractual obligations, not just those two channels.

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
In a surprising move, the channel was added to Bell's services earlier this month:
1575937441982.png

I was genuinely expecting this to never expand beyond Eastlink.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I wish a happy 50th birthday to Yuri Lowenthal. He's known for characters like Ben Tennyson (specifically as a teenager) from the Ben 10 franchise, Superman in Legion Of Superheroes, and Spiderman in the Superhero Squad Show online game and Spiderman PS4.
Today marks the 5th Year Anniversary of when the HD Version of Twilight Princess was released in North America. I wouldn't be surprised if it was brought over to the Switch as early as this year.
I'm really not sure how I feel about Paramount+.
So there's this magical fantasy land and all the people lived together in peace. But now they're all divided, until one heroine sets out to bring everyone together. What movie am I talking about?
youtube nickelodeon now streaming live: SpongeBob episodes , youtube NickRewind currently streaming iCarly iKiss and iThink They Kissed episodes,

Featured Posts