Tom Ascheim is the new person in charge of Cartoon Network

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
After stepping down as president of Disney-owner Freeform, Tom Ascheim has been named president of Warner Bros.' Global Kids, Young Adults, and Classics division, which includes Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Adult Swim, and Turner Classic Movies, as well as Warner Bros. Animation and Cartoon Network Studios. He will be reporting to current Warner Bros. CEO and chairwoman Ann Sarnoff, whom she and Ascheim have a history with each other, going all the way back to their days at Nickelodeon.

Given his track record, do you think he is a perfect choice to run CN? Will he be able to improve the network or not?

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Only if he greenlights more mature material that can remind everyone that cartoons aren't just kids stuff. And only if THAT, too.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Hopefully, he brings CN in a new direction. And by that, I mean greenlight shows by less known cartoonists.

Well either that, or Greenlight more shows with some edge to them. CN could stand to have a little more edge to their shows, at the moment. There should be a balance established again between soft shows and more edgy (but still good) content. Maybe if they made more action shows, for starters.

ToonsJazzLover

He has an impressive resume (working for old school Nick and oversaw the changing of ABC Family to Freeform). I’m hoping he’ll be a better CEO than Christina Miller was. I know this is a hot take but Miller’s presidency made CN more bland, despite the removal of live action content on CN (I blame streaming services for becoming more and more relevant as cable television become less important over the years).

CNC

I'll be Ascheim if people started to hate him instantly because he doesn't "bring back the old cartoons" that they like...

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
President of CN *and* WBA? Is this the first time someone held both roles simultaneously?

Did Ouweleen or Miller have this much oversight?

Corwin Haught

President of CN *and* WBA? Is this the first time someone held both roles simultaneously?

After AT&T purchased Time Warner, CN was moved over to Warner Bros. and put in the same division as WBA. This happened in March of last year, so Miller had this authority during the tail end of her run, and Ouweleen is the outgoing interim president of this division.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
After stepping down as president of Disney-owner Freeform, Tom Ascheim has been named president of Warner Bros.' Global Kids, Young Adults, and Classics division, which includes Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Adult Swim, and Turner Classic Movies, as well as Warner Bros. Animation and Cartoon Network Studios. He will be reporting to current Warner Bros. CEO and chairwoman Ann Sarnoff, whom she and Ascheim have a history with each other, going all the way back to their days at Nickelodeon.

Given his track record, do you think he is a perfect choice to run CN? Will he be able to improve the network or not?

I don't see anything worth getting excited about over. Time will ultimately tell.

Nexonius

Ten, count em', ten years!
I’d like to see more content from Titmouse because they did Mao Mao and several Adult Swim shows. Maybe CN already has something secret they’ll drop soon.
Well keep in mind that Netflix has a first look on their developments.

Closest person I know...not the head of both studios but of both CN and the former Kids' WB, the infamous Jamie Kellner.

Synergy needs to be more in place with both studios along with Ellation.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
Only if he greenlights more mature material that can remind everyone that cartoons aren't just kids stuff. And only if THAT, too.
Well he did run a network that started to have edgier content, sooooo...

DBTrilogy100

I'm curious to see if this turn of events might lead to a greater variety of genres on Cartoon Network. I have nothing against the comedy genre but I do feel some have a point about Cartoon Network feeling over saturated with (random & whacky) comedies and would like to see other genres like the action genre get some attention and I'm also curious to see if this might lead to shows with roughly 22 minute episodes making a comeback. I suppose all we can do is simply play the "waiting game" until new information arises.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts