Tom Ascheim era predictions

5YearsOnEastCoast

Asa

Cancel Teen Titans GO! (That's It)
Better Schedule
Rerun Old Shows
1. After a possible seven seasons, perhaps. I feel like it's time for the Teen Titans Go cast to be laid to rest. I don't hate it, it's just that it feels like it's the right time for the show to close out with a bang.
2. Agreed
3. We have HBO Max that's coming up, didn't you forget?

Johntoonfan05

1. After a possible seven seasons, perhaps. I feel like it's time for the Teen Titans Go cast to be laid to rest. I don't hate it, it's just that it feels like it's the right time for the show to close out with a bang.
2. Agreed
3. We have HBO Max that's coming up, didn't you forget?

Oh

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Streaming platforms might make Cartoon Network even more irrelevant than ever soon.

Whelp, that's the future. As long HBO Max has good content coming from it, it may just be time to put the old dog to sleep, sadly/unfortunately/honestly, depending on how you look at it and all current events influencing these changes, as well.

Cytz

It can happen
Taking into consideration the recent announcements, here's my predictions:
- The main Cartoon Network brand will be relegated to the evenings with preschool programming in the mornings and girl-focused programming in the afternoons.
- More international acquisitions.
- New branding to reflect the new focus of the network.
- A wider selection of programs on the CN Collection on HBO Max.

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
My predictions:
  • Boomerang and Cartoonito will be combined into a lone preschool brand that itself will merely be a spinoff of the preschool block on CN, with new shows airing on CN itself.
  • The schedule will go as follows:
    • Weekday and early afternoons will be aimed at preschoolers.
    • Weekday afternoons will be aimed at a general kid audience.
    • Evenings will be the family block.
    • Saturdays will be targeted toward boys, and Sundays will be for girls.
  • Adult Swim may be moved back an hour.

harry580

My predictions:
  • Boomerang and Cartoonito will be combined into a lone preschool brand that itself will merely be a spinoff of the preschool block on CN, with new shows airing on CN itself.
and Cartoon Network will pull a Jetix by rebranding all of the boomerang channels to the pre school channel, boomerang could come back as a block for Cartoon Network, after all boomerang started out as a block so bring back the boomerang block for Cartoon Network

harry580

Gosh, I want him to be fired already. There has been barely any variety in the schedule for months now.
Another prediction
- More schedule variety
mr atreya should be kicked out of Cartoon Network and not become a president of something media never again, same with tom rothman of Sony and formerly fox

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
The weekday schedule would be as follows:

6:00-9:00am Regular Cartoon Network programming

9:00am-1:00pm Preschool programming

1:00-3:00pm Girl programming

3:00-8:00pm Older skewing and regular Cartoon Network programming

Weekends: It would mainly be regular programming with a good deal of variety. For preschool programming that has a special, do what Disney Junior and Nick Jr have done before and give them a primetime slot on Sunday nights.

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
I wouldn't put girl programs on 1:00 PM-3:00 PM weekdays because since preschool programming has a separate name, girl programs would be on during school hours, where the target audience would be- you guessed it- at school.

tykroma94

My predictions:

I agree with a lot of your predictionsI’m curious to see what the family block will be. Maybe movies? I wonder if It’ll be on Every Night or just Weeknights.

If Saturdays are targeted toward boys, I wonder if you mean Saturday Nights. Sunday Mornings would probably be aimed at girls. Weekday afternoons will probably be just regular CN Programming. I wouldn’t be surprised if Adult Swim moves back an hour or two. I really want AS to be moved to 10pm tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
I think they take the 8pmet hour back, and Family programming runs from 7-9pmet.

I would like to say that Girl programming should just be added in, and not in a block format, I'm sure some of the shows would have cross over appeal to audiences. Some shows that are targeted towards boys do have some girl viewers and vice versa. I think it just means he wants it to be more broad which is good. Days of being targeted audience cable networks are over.
I'm interested in what he means by family programming, that'd be interesting for a man who once ran ABC Family and was one of the people who suggested the freefrom name.

Anyway, CN finally gets new graphics and look, it's been so long.

Maybe some HBO Max and CN sharing (maybe run the shows on a season delay on CN, I don't know)

That's what I could come up with.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
I've got just two and that's it.
  • Teen Titans Go will finally end during Ascheim's time as president.
  • Vishnu Atreya will depart from his position as the person in charge of schedule.

tykroma94

I think they take the 8pmet hour back, and Family programming runs from 7-9pmet.

I would like to say that Girl programming should just be added in, and not in a block format, I'm sure some of the shows would have cross over appeal to audiences. Some shows that are targeted towards boys do have some girl viewers and vice versa. I think it just means he wants it to be more broad which is good. Days of being targeted audience cable networks are over.
I'm interested in what he means by family programming, that'd be interesting for a man who once ran ABC Family and was one of the people who suggested the freefrom name.

Anyway, CN finally gets new graphics and look, it's been so long.

Maybe some HBO Max and CN sharing (maybe run the shows on a season delay on CN, I don't know)

That's what I could come up with.

It’s interesting that in a recent interview with Tom ascheim, he stated that CN will be different by the time it hits one year of him being president of the channel. It makes me think that a whole rebrand might be coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts