"Tom and Jerry Spotlight Collection - Volume 3" Coming Soon

Kolbar

@Cinecrisis on Twitter
TV Shows on DVD is reporting that the third and final volume of the "Tom and Jerry Spotlight Collection" will be released on September 11.

Here's the cover art:
TomJerryVol3.jpg

kaseykockroach

Sep. 11!?! that's a... unusual date for a DVD to be released. Anyway, I have a feeling they'll make SOME imrovements this year.

Classic Speedy

Mildly perturbed
Staff member
Reporter
How's it unusual? It's a Tuesday, after all.

Anyway, while I'm hesitant about Tom & Jerry sets, as they've had unfortunate edits and such for the last two volumes, I'll try to remain optimistic for this third volume. And Droopy recently getting an uncut release gives me higher hopes that the same could be true for T&J.

kaseykockroach

Anyway, while I'm hesitant about Tom & Jerry sets, as they've had unfortunate edits and such for the last two volumes, I'll try to remain optimistic for this third volume. And Droopy recently getting an uncut release gives me higher hopes that the same could be true for T&J.
Do you know if the same people who did the Droopy collection are doing the Tom and Jerry DVD?:confused:

DarthGonzo

Fourteen Years!
All I'm going to say is that "His Mouse Friday", "A Mouse in the House" and "Mouse Cleaning" better be on this set.

Anarky

Team Conan
this will be the final volume??? i had thought T&J had more shorts that what's being scheduled for dvd release. does ths set include the chuck jones shorts?

Jon Cooke

GAC!
this will be the final volume??? i had thought T&J had more shorts that what's being scheduled for dvd release. does ths set include the chuck jones shorts?

This set will contain the remaining shorts directed by Hanna and Barbera. It will not contain the Gene Deitch or Chuck Jones cartoons.

acidicmilk

It is Optimus Prime
Where ARE those chuck jones shorts?
I got the first one thinking I might find at least one, but nothing.
The second one, I tried to find out if it had any, apparently it doesn't?
And this one only has hanna barbera.
:/

Jon Cooke

GAC!
Where ARE those chuck jones shorts?
I got the first one thinking I might find at least one, but nothing.
The second one, I tried to find out if it had any, apparently it doesn't?
And this one only has hanna barbera.
:/

You can find some of the Jones Tom & Jerrys on the single disc T&J collections. Tom & Jerry: Hijinks & Shrieks has "Haunted Mouse" and "Is There a Doctor in the Mouse?" and Tom & Jerry: Paws For a Holiday has "A-tom-inable Snowman", "Snowbody Loves Me", "Advanced and Be Mechanized", and "I'm Just Wild About Jerry".

I imagine WB will get around to releasing an all-Jones T&J DVD set someday.

Viper

I'll Never Forget You Two!
All I'm going to say is that "His Mouse Friday", "A Mouse in the House" and "Mouse Cleaning" better be on this set.
I hope so too. I've seen the latter two, but I've never seen "His Mouse Friday" in my entire life!:(

I've been watching Tom & Jerry for over 25 years! I miss the originally un-cut "Flirty Birdy" & "Kitty Foiled".:crying:

Uh, as for the Chuck Jones T&J, I definately wouldn't waste money on 'em. That's just my opinion, of course. Chuck regretted making them until the day he died.

Anthonynotes

Guess he's referring to Sept. 11 as being the anniversary of the World Trade Center attacks as why it's "unusual"... though don't think bringing all life to a halt every Sept. 11 is needed any more than, say on December 7th (Pearl Harbor bombings)...

-B.

Classic Speedy

Mildly perturbed
Staff member
Reporter
Guess he's referring to Sept. 11 as being the anniversary of the World Trade Center attacks as why it's "unusual"... though don't think bringing all life to a halt every Sept. 11 is needed any more than, say on December 7th (Pearl Harbor bombings)...

-B.
Exactly, that's what I was implying.

BonyT

Sisyphus in Hell
Will it be uncut?
Absolutely. Remember, people, that WB did send us ABSOLUTELY FREE completely uncut replacement discs to correct both Volumes 1 and 2. No WAY will they mess up the initial shipment this time. Volume 3 will be all uncut and original right from the start --- bank on it.
DarthGonzo said:
From your keyboard to WHV's ear. ;)
Viper said:
Uh, as for the Chuck Jones T&J, I definately wouldn't waste money on 'em. That's just my opinion, of course. Chuck regretted making them until the day he died.
Agreed. You couldn't pay me to take the Chuck Jones T&J. Chuck's Looney Tunes stuff is wonderful; but his style just didn't translate to the much more "motion"-centric Tom & Jerry animation. I'll be much happier if they don't come out with them at all.

Fifi Fanatic

Certified Skunkologist

Amen! Uncut and unaltered. I haven't seen "His House Friday" in..... over 25 years maybe? It was shown all the time when I was little...

EDIT: Come to think of it, it's probably been 25 years since I've seen "A Mouse in the House" too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.

Featured Posts