TMNT "Turtles in Space, Part 4: The Arena" Talkback (Spoilers

As we near the finale to the Turtles in Space arc, we will find the Turtles fighting for their lives in the arena! As the title suggests. So talk and discuss!

RZetlin

Well there's a lot of action in this episode, but very little else.

It will get more interesting once the Federation arrives.

I predict the Federation will arrive and the turtles will escape along with the other gladiators.

Rating: 3.0/5

SirLemming

a playa in a world of NPCs
I knew one thing was missing from this gladiator tournament episode -- oh wait, there it is! "Finish me, please. I want to die with honor." Or whatever.

The story felt a little tired, but the action was pretty good.

ClockStomper

One who loves naked Kagome
90% of this episode was made up. (99.5% for last week's). That blob thing was in one panel in the comic, and the only people the Turtle's fought were those 4 Triceratons from the end. They did take Prime Leader hostage, but with guns. Still, I think the Toon version is more plausible and will wor better for later continuity (in defense of the comic, the two issues this saga's based on was a giant sci-fi parody, and wasn't supposed to be plausible or serious. The early issues were VERY "Kill Bill" like: Ultra violence mixed with homages & parodies.)

0603.gif

Stay tuned Turtle fans, next episode (or whenever the space adventure ends) we'll learn where the ooze that mutated the Turtles came from.

Last edited by a moderator:

Simpler Simon

Always in Style
Glad to hear I wasn't the only one who found this episode to be a chore to watch. As open as I am to the Turtles going into space, this episode was just tired. They really should've ended this space arc one episode sooner. All the gladiator cliches are here, and the story just kinda stalls. Add bad voice-acting and bland fights, and this one gets a 2 from me.

Thank god this arc ends next week. I can't wait till we get back to Earth and find out why splinter's in that tank.

Shredder565

Well, in the original comics:

Spoilers.

He is in the tank because of a mouser attack in the sewers. They modified this for the series a bit because the mousers and Stockman where all but destroyed by this point in the series, so it became because of Shredders injuries. My guess for the new version, The Guardians found him and took him to be 'repeaired' by the UTroms..

J.C.

Citizen of Cobra-La
RAINMAN said:
It about time this sega ends. I was getting bore of it.

Yeah, I've been getting a little bored with this story arc too.

The writers have been stretching it out a bit too much with the last two episodes and it makes me wonder why this is five episodes long when City at War, an arc which lasted 13 issues in the comics, is being crammed into a simple three parter.

Oh well, I'll hold judgment on that move till I see the final result.

SirLemming said:
I knew one thing was missing from this gladiator tournament episode -- oh wait, there it is! "Finish me, please. I want to die with honor." Or whatever.

What cliche Gladiator/Arena theme episode would be complete without it?

Carlos

ClockStomper said:
90% of this episode was made up. (99.5% for last week's). That blob thing was in one panel in the comic, and the only people the Turtle's fought were those 4 Triceratons from the end. They did take Prime Leader hostage, but with guns. Still, I think the Toon version is more plausible and will wor better for later continuity (in defense of the comic, the two issues this saga's based on was a giant sci-fi parody, and wasn't supposed to be plausible or serious. The early issues were VERY "Kill Bill" like: Ultra violence mixed with homages & parodies.)

0603.gif

Stay tuned Turtle fans, next episode (or whenever the space adventure ends) we'll learn where the ooze that mutated the Turtles came from.

Wow, 90% made up. Reminds me how Toei mixed filler with stories from the manga for DB/DBZ/GT, Saint Seiya, and Sailor Moon. Many thanks to you ClockStomper for keeping us informed about comic accuracy. :)

Anarky

Team Conan
is there an epsiode guide for season 2 available?
i guess we won't be seeing U.Y. next wkd.
soon i hope. we're still going to see L.H. and the R.K. aren't we?

RAINMAN

Kikoutei Densetsu
J.C. said:
Yeah, I've been getting a little bored with this story arc too.

The writers have been stretching it out a bit too much with the last two episodes and it makes me wonder why this is five episodes long when City at War, an arc which lasted 13 issues in the comics, is being crammed into a simple three parter.

Oh well, I'll hold judgment on that move till I see the final result.

What cliche Gladiator/Arena theme episode would be complete without it?

Remind me of the drak phoenix form the xmen. The comic verison lasted 8 issues while the TV verison was only 4 part ep`s.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts