"ThunderCats Roar" News & Discussion Thread

Frontier

Staff member

Since yesterday was Erica Lindbeck's birthday, she posted a picture with her cast mates from the series. There are some voice actors who I believe weren't mentioned before, mainly Chris Jai Alex, Andrew Kishino, and Dana Snyder.
Happy Belated Birthday to Erica Lindbeck :)!

If nothing else, I'm looking forward to hearing her as Cheetara and Wilykit :).

(Max Mittleman does look weird with a beard :p).

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Two quick notes -

According to this press release the show will air premiere in 2020 on Teletoon in Canada, and it's listed as having 52 15-minutes long episodes.

During a recent episode of Teen Titans Go!, the credits they used listed voice actors and characters from upcoming episodes. They had Max Mittelman as Lion-O, and Larry Kenney as "Original Lion-O" (and Michael Jelenic as "Original Snarf"). It might be completely unrelated to this show, but Mittelman's inclusion seemed interesting to me, since I don't think he's voiced the character before, unless I'm mistaken.
wsilpWh.jpg

(They also had the cast of Scooby-Doo, but I don't think that necessarily means a tie-in or something with the new Scooby show, since that's usually the same cast.)

Frontier

Staff member
Two quick notes -

According to this press release the show will air premiere in 2020 on Teletoon in Canada, and it's listed as having 52 15-minutes long episodes.

During a recent episode of Teen Titans Go!, the credits they used listed voice actors and characters from upcoming episodes. They had Max Mittelman as Lion-O, and Larry Kenney as "Original Lion-O" (and Michael Jelenic as "Original Snarf"). It might be completely unrelated to this show, but Mittelman's inclusion seemed interesting to me, since I don't think he's voiced the character before, unless I'm mistaken.
wsilpWh.jpg

(They also had the cast of Scooby-Doo, but I don't think that necessarily means a tie-in or something with the new Scooby show, since that's usually the same cast.)
I smell a reboot joke :p.

Always nice to see them bring in Larry Kenney though :).

TsWade2

I almost thought they have cancelled it, because of the uproar fans. I guess that's just me. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Deep down I know I probably won't like the show. But I really, really, REALLY hope I do, and that it proves all of the haters wrong. Their tears would be yummy.

SourSweetGone

Simultaneously Too Old &Too Young For The Internet
Can't wait for this! I've been in the camp of "Wow this looks like a lot of fun!" From the start! Glad to see it get some SDCC promotion and hopefully the TV airing isn't too far off! I look forward to it spitting in the haters faces like TTG before it!

SourSweetGone

Simultaneously Too Old &Too Young For The Internet
I am looking for this brand new ThunderCats show and I hope the show is animated in Japan much like anything related to the franchise.

It's not animated in Japan as far as I know.

Buy yeah at this point my guess is we will have to wait till October for the premire. August is Infinite Train. September is the Steven Universe Movie, so they'll probably hold back ROAR till October I bet!

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
Press release info seems legit. Spring-Summer 2020 with 52x15m episodes - amount and duration sounds good and about right. Release date too, practically, except for the wait. I want to see new stuff already. As bizarre as it may seem, I'm kinda getting hyped about this and think it could be better than the 2011 reboot.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
As bizarre as it may seem, I'm kinda getting hyped about this and think it could be better than the 2011 reboot.
That would not shock me. The 2011 reboot was vastly overrated. The best thing about it was that it put the toys back in stores for a brief time. The show itself was blah.

EdCNPowerpuffDrama

Press release info seems legit. Spring-Summer 2020 with 52x15m episodes - amount and duration sounds good and about right. Release date too, practically, except for the wait. I want to see new stuff already. As bizarre as it may seem, I'm kinda getting hyped about this and think it could be better than the 2011 reboot.
2020 will be the Canadian premiere. The show will air in 2019 in the US.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts