"ThunderCats Roar" News & Discussion Thread

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Entertainment Weekly reports a new ThunderCats animated series, ThunderCats Roar will premiere on Cartoon Network in 2019.

They have a first look at the show and a synopsis.
“Staying true to the premise of the original series, Lion-O and the ThunderCats — Tygra, Panthro, Cheetara, Wilykat, and Wilykit — barely escape the sudden destruction of their home world, Thundera, only to crash land on the mysterious and exotic planet of Third Earth. Lion-O, the newly appointed Lord of the ThunderCats, attempts to lead the team as they make this planet their new home. A bizarre host of creatures and villains stand in their way, including the evil Mumm-Ra, Third Earth’s wicked ruler who will let nothing, including the ThunderCats, stop his tyrannical reign over the planet.”
ThunderCats Roar stars Max Mittelman (Justice League Action) as Lion-O and Wilykat, Erica Lindbeck (DC Super Hero Girls) as Cheetara and Wilykit, Patrick Seitz (Justice League Action) as Tygra and Mumm-Ra, and Chris Jai Alex (Star Wars: Battlefront II) as Panthro.

Radiant97

Uploaded Intelligence
I'm typically not a fan of these comedic reboots, but after watching the "sneak peek", I think this looks quite promising, at least judging by the art style, animation, and the enthusiasm of the producer when discussing it. I won't form any further judgments until we get an actual sneak peek of the show itself.

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
Remember when Cartoon Network funded shows that didn't feature round overly simplified designs?

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I was actually relieved to see those designs. Finally there is going to be a ThunderCats property I won't want to own toys from. My budget couldn't take it.

The show looks awful.

NeoplanDan

Occasionally Active
I may not be a fan of a both Thundercats, but I have to be honest, the art style looks juvenile, it’s hard for me to see this as anything appealing, I wouldn’t be surprised if this will be similar to how TTG went.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dynamite Soldier

Judging from the trailer, I guess this looks...okay? Nothing mindblowing though.

But seriously, I'm starting to get tired of the CalArts trend. All of CN's current shows already use that same type of art style (excluding TTG, Unikitty, Apple & Onion, and Mighty Magiswords). We need a variety for once.

NeoplanDan

Occasionally Active
Oh my, here comes the hate train, where you can see a lot of dislikes

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon Analyst, Artist
upload_2018-5-18_16-40-40.png

And just like The Emoji Movie, this thing is already hated by a lot of people. It got a lot of dislikes that Warner Bros. unlisted the video.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Is it too much to ask to get Warner Brothers to do a legit ThunderCats adaption? None of the comedy stuff or anime quest nonsense? Is that too much to ask?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts