"ThunderCats Roar" News & Discussion Thread

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
8,024 6
A Valid Location
Entertainment Weekly reports a new ThunderCats animated series, ThunderCats Roar will premiere on Cartoon Network in 2019.

They have a first look at the show and a synopsis.
“Staying true to the premise of the original series, Lion-O and the ThunderCats — Tygra, Panthro, Cheetara, Wilykat, and Wilykit — barely escape the sudden destruction of their home world, Thundera, only to crash land on the mysterious and exotic planet of Third Earth. Lion-O, the newly appointed Lord of the ThunderCats, attempts to lead the team as they make this planet their new home. A bizarre host of creatures and villains stand in their way, including the evil Mumm-Ra, Third Earth’s wicked ruler who will let nothing, including the ThunderCats, stop his tyrannical reign over the planet.”
ThunderCats Roar stars Max Mittelman (Justice League Action) as Lion-O and Wilykat, Erica Lindbeck (DC Super Hero Girls) as Cheetara and Wilykit, Patrick Seitz (Justice League Action) as Tygra and Mumm-Ra, and Chris Jai Alex (Star Wars: Battlefront II) as Panthro.

Feb 3, 2018
Ratings
1,218 6
I'm typically not a fan of these comedic reboots, but after watching the "sneak peek", I think this looks quite promising, at least judging by the art style, animation, and the enthusiasm of the producer when discussing it. I won't form any further judgments until we get an actual sneak peek of the show itself.

EdCNPowerpuffDrama

Oct 11, 2016
Ratings
825 10
The show sounds interesting and good but I find the art style to be very unappealing. These were my exact same thoughts when I first heard about Be Cool Scooby Doo too and I ended up being a huge fan of the show, so the same might happen with this new Thundercats show.

Last edited:

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
Sep 3, 2013
Ratings
2,889 41
I was never into Thundercats, so I can't exactly give a good opinion here. People have said the art style closest resembles OK KO, which seems to be true. This doesn't really bode too well for the property, but it's not it was the most dignified property to begin with.

Cartoon Ruler

Dec 11, 2011
Ratings
1,920 7
Galloway, NJ
Judging from the trailer, I guess this looks...okay? Nothing mindblowing though.

But seriously, I'm starting to get tired of the CalArts trend. All of CN's current shows already use that same type of art style (excluding TTG, Unikitty, Apple & Onion, and Mighty Magiswords). We need a variety for once.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

Hi, I'm Rockson Emmanuel from Terminator Atrimɔden and you're watching Disney Channel.
♫ Hi, I'm Bruce Willes from Die Hard 7 and you're watching Disney Channel! ♪
Happy 20th birthday to PPG. Even in the good times and the bad times, you're still a show worth watching.
Holy smokes! Churned out 15 freaking pages of the latest Gilda and Meek today! I am in the freaking zone and so happy with how things are going in the final issue I will be posting on Toon Zone.
Asa
Happy 90th birthday to Mickey, 20th birthday to PPG, and 30th birthday to LBT & O&C.