"ThunderCats Roar" News & Discussion Thread

Latest News & Videos

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
Entertainment Weekly reports a new ThunderCats animated series, ThunderCats Roar will premiere on Cartoon Network in 2019.

They have a first look at the show and a synopsis.
“Staying true to the premise of the original series, Lion-O and the ThunderCats — Tygra, Panthro, Cheetara, Wilykat, and Wilykit — barely escape the sudden destruction of their home world, Thundera, only to crash land on the mysterious and exotic planet of Third Earth. Lion-O, the newly appointed Lord of the ThunderCats, attempts to lead the team as they make this planet their new home. A bizarre host of creatures and villains stand in their way, including the evil Mumm-Ra, Third Earth’s wicked ruler who will let nothing, including the ThunderCats, stop his tyrannical reign over the planet.”
ThunderCats Roar stars Max Mittelman (Justice League Action) as Lion-O and Wilykat, Erica Lindbeck (DC Super Hero Girls) as Cheetara and Wilykit, Patrick Seitz (Justice League Action) as Tygra and Mumm-Ra, and Chris Jai Alex (Star Wars: Battlefront II) as Panthro.

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
Mar 17, 2010
Canada
Remember when Cartoon Network funded shows that didn't feature round overly simplified designs?

Reactions: 2 people

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
I was actually relieved to see those designs. Finally there is going to be a ThunderCats property I won't want to own toys from. My budget couldn't take it.

The show looks awful.

NeoplanDan

Just Think Twice Before You Say Anything
Apr 24, 2016
USA
www.youtube.com
I may not be a fan of a both Thundercats, but I have to be honest, the art style looks juvenile, it’s hard for me to see this as anything appealing, I wouldn’t be surprised if this will be similar to how TTG went.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 people

Cartoon Ruler

Dec 11, 2011
Galloway, NJ
Judging from the trailer, I guess this looks...okay? Nothing mindblowing though.

But seriously, I'm starting to get tired of the CalArts trend. All of CN's current shows already use that same type of art style (excluding TTG, Unikitty, Apple & Onion, and Mighty Magiswords). We need a variety for once.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
Is it too much to ask to get Warner Brothers to do a legit ThunderCats adaption? None of the comedy stuff or anime quest nonsense? Is that too much to ask?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Lisa Ortiz's mother passed away.

I found this interview that Pam Arciero (Grundgetta from Sesame Street) took part in. I mainly skipped to 1:35, where she mentioned how production on the show ground to a halt because of the pandemic. There was about 1 more week of material to tape. She says they could start again in October, but that could change.
About done watching Sonic Boom Season 1 on DVD. Good in a sense to know the episode "Fire in a Crowded Workshop" only in Spanish dialogue isn't just me, but other unhappy posters to its Amazon page.

1:27:04-1:29:50

If it wasn't for the fact they're owned by different companies (Sesame Street on HBO and Helpsters on Apple TV, though both are from Sesame Workshop), I could totally see a crossover.