• 1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The God of Thunder comes home on Blu-ray and DVD from Paramount Home Entertainment!

Thor
Studio: Paramount Home Entertainment
Release Date: September 13th, 2011

Synopsis: Paramount Pictures and Marvel Entertainment present the epic adventure, Thor, which spans the Marvel Universe from present day Earth to the realm of Asgard. At the center of the story is the mighty Thor (Chris Hemsworth), a powerful but arrogant warrior whose reckless actions reignite an ancient war. Thor is cast down to Earth by his father Odin (Anthony Hopkins) and is forced to live among humans. A beautiful, young scientist, Jane Foster (Natalie Portman), has a profound effect on Thor, as she ultimately becomes his first love. It's while here on Earth that Thor learns what it takes to be a true hero when the most dangerous villain of his world sends the darkest forces of Asgard to invade Earth.

Blu-ray Bonus Features:
-Audio Commentary with Director Kenneth Branagh
-Marvel One-Shot: The Consultant
-Featurettes, including Road to the Avengers
-Marvel Studios - The Avengers (2:24)
-Deleted Scenes with Optional Commentary by Director Kenneth Branagh
-Trailers
*3D release includes all above bonus content plus the 3D version of the feature film

Single-Disc DVD Bonus Features:
-Audio Commentary with Director Kenneth Branagh
-Four Deleted Scenes
-Road to the Avengers Featurette

Note: This thread is only for actual discussion of the Blu-ray/DVD release, so please post only comments pertaining to the release in this thread. To discuss the included feature, please use the talkbacks linked below.

Discuss This Blu-ray and DVD Release!

Related Threads:
-Thor Blu-ray Review (Spoilers)
-Thor Feature Talkback (Spoilers)
-Thor: Tales of Asgard Feature Talkback (Spoilers)
-X-Men: First Class Blu-ray/DVD Talkback (Spoilers)
-Iron Man 2 Blu-ray/DVD Talkback (Spoilers)
-The Incredible Hulk Blu-ray/DVD Talkback (Spoilers)
-Iron Man Blu-ray/DVD Talkback (Spoilers)

Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

defunctzombie

1992 not 2002
Staff member
I got the regular blu-ray, and I must say it's another disappointing Paramount disc release. Two primer discs in a recycle case. The film itself is awesome, I just wish we got a better case.

Spider-Man

It seems like a good release but I noticed that Iron Man 2 had a lot more bonus features than Thor. Still I had a chance to watch the movie and most of the extras and I enjoyed them. I really loved that preview trailer for the next season of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes! I can't wait to add Captain America next month!

jmsscarlet

are there any featurettes about JMS and his work on this movie and the thor comic? i thought that comic played a big part in this movie.

Adam Tyner

Amazing!
Administrator
are there any featurettes about JMS and his work on this movie and the thor comic? i thought that comic played a big part in this movie.
There's essentially nothing about the comics at all. JMS is briefly featured a couple of times, but it's basically just him standing around and shooting his cameo. You get a couple sentences out of him, but that's it.

CyclonatorZ

I am really getting sick of companies releasing bare bones DVDs and shoving most or all of the special features exclusively onto Blu-Ray. This is nothing more than a ploy to slowly run major motion picture DVDs out of existence, forcing consumers to pay a much higher price for only a better picture quality and the same amount of features we used to get on normal releases. It's also the biggest reason I chose to rent films like Thor instead of buying my own copy, spending my money on more reasonably priced offers such as season sets of animated shows.

suss2it

I am really getting sick of companies releasing bare bones DVDs and shoving most or all of the special features exclusively onto Blu-Ray. This is nothing more than a ploy to slowly run major motion picture DVDs out of existence, forcing consumers to pay a much higher price for only a better picture quality and the same amount of features we used to get on normal releases. It's also the biggest reason I chose to rent films like Thor instead of buying my own copy, spending my money on more reasonably priced offers such as season sets of animated shows.
It's not just better picture quality, it's also better audio quality, and there's more room on a Blu-Ray disc to throw on extras without worrying about compression.

But I can see why their tactics would annoy people who still buy DVDs.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts