"Things You Can't Ever Have" Talkback

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
Guess what? Suddenly, a limited number of Gold Nunchuks have become available on Club Nintendo. OUR Club Nintendo.

canthaveit7-33.jpg

I've been stashing Coins for years waiting for a moment like this. I registered one game to put me over 900 and got it! Woo!
I also updated TYCEH with the new information.

cartoonscartoons

I cant help it, if I'm lucky
I like the articles, but I don't get to whole "You-Can't-Ever-Have-It" factor, because, most things on the list aren't more than a couple thousand. What's stopping anyone for owning them?

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
Nunchuk is already gone. Wow.
Mine came yesterday. I feel privileged.

I like the articles, but I don't get to whole "You-Can't-Ever-Have-It" factor, because, most things on the list aren't more than a couple thousand. What's stopping anyone for owning them?
The fact that they don't have a couple thousand to spend on stuff like that.

Shawn Hopkins

TZ Member of the Year 2013
Nunchuk is already gone. Wow.
Mine came yesterday. I feel privileged.

The fact that they don't have a couple thousand to spend on stuff like that.

I used to, if I really wanted something like that. Dropping $500 or so just on comic books was no big deal to me. And now I'm unemployed. Sigh. So now I guess it really is things I can't have.

TenPoundHammer

Wheel of Fortune winner, 12/8/17
On page 5, the link to "The bottom is blue" on the Mario controller thingy comes up 404. I think you forgot to add ".jpg" after "canthaveit5-8".

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
http://www.platypuscomix.net/interactive/thingsyoucanteverhave9.html

I haven't announced this update on the sidebar or Facebook yet because, at the same time, I wanted to announce the BANG store. It's almost ready, but I can't reveal it because NOBODY WILL TEST IT. Seriously. That's the reason.

If you want to test it (and get a free digital copy of a BANG issue if it works), let me know.

veemonjosh

Stone free, do what I please
To this day, I'm so very glad that I bought my copy of Tron Bonne for only $5 when the local video rental chain was selling it. Still wish I could find a copy of Legends 2 though.

Also, here's the video of the guy microwaving his 3DS XL:

[video=youtube;KRpAk45sEJs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KRpAk45sEJs[/video]

What a waste of a perfectly good 3DS.

MadMan400096

World War I Flying Ace
I saw a video of Mangia on YouTube, and while the gameplay looks decent, the plot (well, as much as you can have in an Atari 2600 game) is just seriously screwed up; it make me sicker to my stomach than any of the other 2600 games, except maybe Custer's Revenge. That enabler is quite possibly the worst mother in any media, worse than Lois Griffin, Peg Bundy, and Sheila Broflovski. Combined. If I knew a person who would force feed their kid pasta until he overflowed and died, I'd report that menace to the authorities.

Neo Yi

Joustus!
Staff member
Reporter
I remember that Nintendo "Super System" in a supermarket my family went to one time. Never got a chance to play it (we only went to that market once), but I remember being about seven and wondering at the time, "How do you play Super Mario World in an arcade machine?"

I used to, if I really wanted something like that. Dropping $500 or so just on comic books was no big deal to me. And now I'm unemployed. Sigh. So now I guess it really is things I can't have.

I agree. Over 100 + Playstation for $600 or a giant arcade game is a steal if you're a working game enthusiast that wants to save up for it. Unlike

HANG TOUGHYou're going to need to if you plan to bite on the price for this prototype box, for a NKOTB Nintendo game that was never made

According to the seller, it's banged-up because it was former property of the EGM offices, who "used it as a hockey puck."
eBay Price: $249,999.99

You want how much for a game based on a group that's currently touring the outlet malls of America and, on top of the name being useless, is possibly damaged entirely?
tumblr_inline_mgcopyyoOD1rdvens.gif

Chris

I am a DuMont production.
In every other part of the world, dates are day/month/year, so that picture was probably from April 6, if it was German.

TenPoundHammer

Wheel of Fortune winner, 12/8/17
No lie — the first time I heard of PaRappa the Rapper was on a wiki dedicated to Sonichu. I'm not a gamer and probably never will be, but the weirdness of the PaRappa franchise seems oddly alluring, and Lammy's kinda cute. At the very least, I'd rather play it than say, Guitar Hero or Rock Band. (I can play real instruments — what use do I have for tiny, fake, plastic ones?!)

The Super Mario Bros. 3 snacks remind me of this article from X-Entertainment. I believe that's not the only time he ate fruit snacks which were old enough to drink legally.

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
No lie — the first time I heard of PaRappa the Rapper was on a wiki dedicated to Sonichu. I'm not a gamer and probably never will be, but the weirdness of the PaRappa franchise seems oddly alluring, and Lammy's kinda cute. At the very least, I'd rather play it than say, Guitar Hero or Rock Band. (I can play real instruments — what use do I have for tiny, fake, plastic ones?!)

The Super Mario Bros. 3 snacks remind me of this article from X-Entertainment. I believe that's not the only time he ate fruit snacks which were old enough to drink legally.
I loved that one from 2003 where he found a half-corroded can of Ecto-Cooler in a New York mini-mart. Matt described the most frightened face on the clerk as he brought that to the counter. It drives me crazy I can't buy a book collection of Matt's work; he's still the funniest person I've ever seen online.

Zorak Masaki

The reason zelda and link were sharing the same belt was because there were enemies on either side of them, so it does make sense, kind of.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts