They need to add more Looney Tunes Shorts to Boomerang

I'm tired of seeing the same episodes over and over and over again. I've contacted Boomerang about it, and I hope they are listening to me. I would like to see some of the Pre-1948 cartoons, instead of the same episodes being played every day.

bowlowgnah

Honestly, this. I can't sand the top 100 Looney Tunes episodes being played over and over again. At least have some variety!! This is why I stopped recording Looney Tunes to be honest.

jaylop97

Staff member
The variety is limited, that is pretty much it. Even if they had more shorts something tells me they would continue airing a certain batch of episodes over and over.

Looney Turtles

Yeah, this is why I just try to buy the DVDs and stuff now. So for a little more variety, I just watch those. Although, there's still a lot of shorts that are neither on DVD or air on Boomerang. I wish there was a way we could convince them to air more shorts, or put more on DVD, or both.

They recently aired Haredevil Hare. They aired Little Red Riding Rabbit three times then they stopped. They should air the colorized/black and white Looney Tunes again.

DVDLooney

They recently aired Haredevil Hare. They aired Little Red Riding Rabbit three times then they stopped. They should air the colorized/black and white Looney Tunes again.

Don't bank on it. I'd love to see the colorized Looney Tunes Porky Pig shorts on 2017 Boomerang as well as the 30's, 40 and late 60's WB shorts (in edited form), but not in a month of Sundays will we ever see those week in and week out again. Alas, I'll always miss seeing those early WB (Merrie Melodies/Looney Tunes) shorts on television.

Looney Turtles

Both of those shorts are part of the regular rotation. On the rare occasion, you'll see something they don't air regularly, (like recently, with "Now Hear This") but other than that, it's always been the same shorts over and over.

Mr Flintstone

I totally agree. I too has stopped DVRing Looney Tunes because of this. I’d love for the “Ralph Phillips” shorts to air. I’d also like to see the shorts from the 60’s.

But by far the biggest omission is Speedy. They should really start taking surveys on what people think of the Speedy cartoons.

DVDLooney

I totally agree. I too has stopped DVRing Looney Tunes because of this. I’d love for the “Ralph Phillips” shorts to air. I’d also like to see the shorts from the 60’s.

But by far the biggest omission is Speedy. They should really start taking surveys on what people think of the Speedy cartoons.

Yeah, Boomerang is just on autopilot these days with Looney Tunes. I cherish the days when they used to play Bob Clampett's colorized Porky Pig WB cartoons and late 30's and early 40's WB cartoons on Boomerang in the past. There are even Bugs, Daffy and Sylvester shorts that could play from the early 40's, but Turner, for whatever reason, doesn't want to.

Last edited:

Future_Sam

Boomerang Latin America on the other hand, airs more of the Pre-1948 shorts. I watched it online yesterday. They aired the cartoons in English.

Future_Sam

They aired Easter Yeggs (dubbed version), and Draftee Daffy (A.A.P) as I remember. Boomerang USA doesn't air those two cartoons.

Looney Turtles

They aired Easter Yeggs (dubbed version), and Draftee Daffy (A.A.P) as I remember. Boomerang USA doesn't air those two cartoons.

Oh, nice. I remember seeing "Draftee Daffy" a few times on Nickelodeon (they aired Looney Tunes shorts in the late 80's and 90's) back in the day.

Speaking of which, Nickelodeon had the best Looney Tunes line-up. It makes me wish Cartoon Network would have never gotten exclusive rights to the shorts.

Cool_Cat

Somehow I’ve never seen Draftee Daffy on Boomerang Italy. During the marathon though they aired almost all the Speedy shorts.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Oh, nice. I remember seeing "Draftee Daffy" a few times on Nickelodeon (they aired Looney Tunes shorts in the late 80's and 90's) back in the day.

Speaking of which, Nickelodeon had the best Looney Tunes line-up. It makes me wish Cartoon Network would have never gotten exclusive rights to the shorts.
I doubt Nick would still have the rights anyway.

Looney Turtles

I doubt Nick would still have the rights anyway.

Well, they obviously don't now. I could have seen them airing on Nickelodeon for at least a few more years though, if Cartoon Network had not gotten the exclusive rights, maybe even moving them to Nicktoons.

But at the current state, maybe Nick wouldn't even be airing them at all on any of their channels, so I don't know.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts