"DC Studios' DC Universe" Movie News & Discussion Part 4 (Spoilers)

dmxx116

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
Snyder was going to cast Trevante Rhodes as John Stewart before WB has other idea for Stewart:
This Green Lantern situation is rather ridiculous. I've seen some rumor that John & Hal are still being saved for the movie and won't be making appearances/be namedropped in the soon to be released GL Corps. HBO Max please revive GLTAS.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Interesting, that was rumored to be the casting back in 2017 or 2016. I'd wager someone else is going to be cast for the GL movie.

Frontier

Staff member
I feel like the rumors for who the GL Snyder wanted to use are all over the place...John, Ryan Reynolds as Hal, Kilowog or Tomar-Re...

the greenman

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the New Gods and The Trench movies are not moving forward.

The Batman, The Flash, Black Adam, Shazam! Fury Of The Gods, Blue Beetle, Batgirl, Supergirl, Green Lantern Corps and Static Shock, Zatanna, Wonder Woman 3 and J.J. Abrams' new Superman movie should still be safe.
Well, the respective filmmakers connected to them are too busy doing other things. Even too busy to produce. DuVernay never seemed like a good choice for New Gods. The Trench could have worked, but I also think it may have involved Amber Heard, which is kinda icky right now.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

TFormersMarvel

Screenwriter Chris Terrio (Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, Justice League, Star Wars: Rise of the Skywalker) has a very lengthy tell-all interview with Vanity Fair. Basically, he burns through his frustrating experience dealing with Warner Bros's inconsistent and haphazard goals (and the surrounding backlashs) creating an extended universe, though he appreciates his time with Zack Snyder and the film cast..

Frontier

Staff member
Screenwriter Chris Terrio (Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, Justice League, Star Wars: Rise of the Skywalker) has a very lengthy tell-all interview with Vanity Fair. Basically, he burns through his frustrating experience dealing with Warner Bros's inconsistent and haphazard goals (and the surrounding backlashs) creating an extended universe, though he appreciates his time with Zack Snyder and the film cast..
It's not easy making a DC movie, it seems :sweat:.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
It's not easy making a DC movie, it seems :sweat:.
"...somehow I’m the person with the dark sensibility? I wanted to say, 'I’ve been saving you from yourselves! I’ve been working with the director to bring a voice of conscience and sanity to the almost perversely dark film you’ve been developing for years, but I’m the problem here?'”
- Chris Terrio, in reference to the Batman/Superman script he had to rewrite

Also, he exposes the structure of WB as a movie studio:
Right before the time of Batman/Superman, I was asked to attend an event in New York where the cast and filmmakers were paraded in front of a room of investors at the Time Warner Center, I guess to convince them that their money was in good hands... something about the distribution of power at that time just seemed off to me. It was removing even the pretense that capital [film execs] wasn’t calling the shots.
Had no idea the WW script wasn't even finished when Terrio did his JL script,
even though that movie came out before JL o_O

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts