"The Worlds of DC" Movie News & Discussion Part 3 (Spoilers)

• Enter to win two tickets to Whisper of the Heart. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

the greenman

Jul 24, 2006
the point of no return
Agreed, it has to be a series on HBO (or DCU).
Based on a podcast I heard earlier last month, they gave reasons why DCU looks like they really don't have that much money. Just look at the drop in quality of some eps in YJ S3 or even how Titans looks. Yeah, my preference is in HBO tbh. We'll see if they put money in Swamp Thing.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Based on a podcast I heard earlier last month, they gave reasons why DCU looks like they really don't have that much money. Just look at the drop in quality of some eps in YJ S3 or even how Titans looks. Yeah, my preference is in HBO tbh. We'll see if they put money in Swamp Thing.
Never watched Titans. YJ, eh, I don't know. You have to look at it by which studio did which episodes then assume there's some A, B, and C teams for each studio working on different scenes of episodes. But. But, I contend, HBO could be a better spot. I'm curious if Watchmen is a hit if they'll consider adding another series or wait until after Watchmen wraps up to add another DC title like Sandman. To get back to the thread topic, I agree that I don't think Sandman should be a movie.

Mostezli

Corroborating with EVIL
May 28, 2014
I'm curious if Watchmen is a hit if they'll consider adding another series or wait until after Watchmen wraps up to add another DC title like Sandman.
Is no one else getting the vibe that Watchmen looks relatively very cheap?
I wouldn't want Sandman on HBO, but it's really a matter of who'd be making that show rather than where it ends up.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Is no one else getting the vibe that Watchmen looks relatively very cheap?
I wouldn't want Sandman on HBO, but it's really a matter of who'd be making that show rather than where it ends up.
Hmm, I didn't really draw any conclusions since they barely showed any finished footage so far. What show is your take on a high quality comic book TV series? And agreed, who matters as well.

Last edited:

TheLemsterPju

Jan 17, 2015
I agree that Sandman should not look cheap at all or be limited to a movie. It's one of those stories that needs very, very careful planning when adapting.

I just don't know where it would best belong other than maybe Amazon Prime.

Last edited:

Mostezli

Corroborating with EVIL
May 28, 2014
Hmm, I didn't really draw any conclusions since they barely showed any finished footage so far. What show is your take on a high quality comic book TV series? And agreed, who matters as well.
All the Watchmen marketing thus far teased another out in the middle of rural nowhere type series with the most visually fantastical portion being guys/gals in bargain brand masks. I would've thought this was airing on AMC if I didn't know better.

In terms of spectacle and just generally having a sense of style:

The 3rd one isn't a cbtv, but is a Gaiman novel adaptation.
looks to be another high quality adaptation of his.

the greenman

Jul 24, 2006
the point of no return
I feel like this could be WB testing another kind of comicbook film like how they're doing Joker. Honestly, it would be smart if they use Booster Gold to fix the DCEU instead of Flashpoint.

Reactions: Frontier

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
I feel like this could be WB testing another kind of comicbook film like how they're doing Joker. Honestly, it would be smart if they use Booster Gold to fix the DCEU instead of Flashpoint.

I would totally watch a movie about Booster going back in time and messing up/making fun of the DCEU :p.

It'll be like Deadpool but with more subtle fourth wall jokes ;).

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
Dec 31, 2013
Which is dumb since for the last decade Green Arrow has been trying to copy Arrow while all the movies try to copy only recent stuff.

Also, they've already ruined Black Canary again so what would be the point.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
I didn't even know there was a Black Canary movie in the works until I saw the rumor came out on Monday. It's all just pencils in the ceiling. If Birds of Prey does very well, sure solo movies could spin out, including a Black Canary movie that would entail some kind of Green Arrow appearance. That's a big if that depends on a lot of other ifs.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
I didn't even know there was a Black Canary movie in the works until I saw the rumor came out on Monday. It's all just pencils in the ceiling. If Birds of Prey does very well, sure solo movies could spin out, including a Black Canary movie that would entail some kind of Green Arrow appearance. That's a big if that depends on a lot of other ifs.
Like, assuming Green Arrow goes for a different style then BoP, would Smollett's Black Canary even fit into it? Would we even want her to :confused:?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Like, assuming Green Arrow goes for a different style then BoP, would Smollett's Black Canary even fit into it? Would we even want her to :confused:?
I think they can/should do movie(s) solo from each other.

Well, I mean, hopefully they have the common sense to look at what's been adapted in Arrow and not repeat it and from there look at what's left to be pinched from the comics. I think there could still be something to glean from the social justice warrior part of his comic history.

But yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if they picked something modern like Kill Machine or even Ben Percy's run. But I think GA and BC weren't even a couple for 5 or 6 years during the New52 and Rebirth stuff.

Reactions: Frontier

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
I think they can/should do movie(s) solo from each other.

Well, I mean, hopefully they have the common sense to look at what's been adapted in Arrow and not repeat it and from there look at what's left to be pinched from the comics. I think there could still be something to glean from the social justice warrior part of his comic history.

But yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if they picked something modern like Kill Machine or even Ben Percy's run. But I think GA and BC weren't even a couple for 5 or 6 years during the New52 and Rebirth stuff.
I would hope they'd draw from the comics or go for a more classic Green Arrow then what Arrow did. I don't think we need "Batman with arrows" like on the show when we already have (or will have) Batman :p.

Reactions: Yojimbo and dmxx116

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

FXX is now starting The Simpsons back at episode 1 for the first time since January, now we'll see if "Stark Raving Dad" will actually be skipped

*UPDATE: Yep, it's being skipped next Monday.
So... Universal Kids is really airing Totally Spies. This makes it the third network in the US to broadcast it. First was Fox/ABC Family, followed by Cartoon Network after ABC Family made it clear that they didn't want to air cartoons that weren't Jetix(or its prototype), and eventually family programming in general(outside of the holidays). I don't know how to feel.
One of the games on Camp Nick is kinda similar to Crystal Maze, which it will later then air on Nickelodeon in future
Me: Oh DARN. I can't believe I'm going to miss the LIVE premiere of Amphibia at 10 because of a stupid doctor's appointment!
*At 9:30, doctor's office calls*
Receptionist: Your appointment has been cancelled. You'll have to reschedule.
Me: :D *gleefully sings Hallelujah from Handel's Messiah*
Just noticed the MTV Movies & TV Awards will be airing on Nick at Nite, they add more networks to simulcast it every year.