"The Worlds of DC" Movie News & Discussion Part 3 (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Otaku-sempai

Sep 10, 2010
Lackawanna, NY
I remember the original rumor that Beyond was going to be an animated film...
I recall studio talk about a live-action feature, with a lot of speculation about Clint Eastwood for Old Bruce. I have to admit that I have no recollection of rumors of an animated movie before Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
I recall studio talk about a live-action feature, with a lot of speculation about Clint Eastwood for Old Bruce. I have to admit that I have no recollection of rumors of an animated movie before Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker.
This was a recent rumor, and people were speculating that it was being made to match Into the Spider-Verse, although I think it was debunked.

Reactions: Otaku-sempai

AdrenalineRush1996

May 13, 2016
07/07:
Keanu Reeves version? Weak sauce, man.
Well, I quite like that version but I don't think he'll reprise his role in a future film at all.

07/19:
Now that they have a JL roster worth of characters who have done their own movies, it could work. But the question, imo, is what's going on with Superman, Cavill or recast?,
I'm going with the former than the latter, given that Cavill said recently that he's still interested in returning as the Man of Steel in a future film.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Frontier

the greenman

Jul 24, 2006
the point of no return
The Reeves version was an American-ized version of the character. We now have seen Constantine closer to who he's supposed to be like. I will still say, I'm not sure we have seen a closer adaptation of him quite yet. We need the punker version.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
The Reeves version was an American-ized version of the character. We now have seen Constantine closer to who he's supposed to be like. I will still say, I'm not sure we have seen a closer adaptation of him quite yet. We need the punker version.

Well, there was that flashback in City of Demons :p.

Reactions: Otaku-sempai

AdrenalineRush1996

May 13, 2016

I really don't know why Matt Ryan's take on the character in the Arrowverse didn't go in that territory. Do you think he could've gone in that territory?

the greenman

Jul 24, 2006
the point of no return
Yes, it has been well and thoroughly documented that Constantine's appearance was originally modeled after Sting.
It may have been to some, but not others.
Speaking of which, I wonder if Sting himself has commented about being the basis for Constantine.
Probably not. As opposed to what @Otaku-sempai says, for our fandom community anyone outside probably wouldn't know or care.

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

So, we have a tie here, with "Into The Hundred Acre Wood" and "Quack Pack" getting 2 votes each. I'll be tiebreaker. I pick Quack Pack. Now we have the last matchup of round 4, which is between "Phineas And Ferb: Star Wars" and "Scooby Doo And Batman: The Brave And The Bold".

The History of Comedy Central goes back to November 15, 1989 when HBO's (Time, Inc/Time Warner's) "The Comedy Channel" launched, and on April 1, 1990, Viacom launched "HA! TV Comedy Network" The two channels would merge on April 1, 1991 to form "CTV: The Comedy Network", then on June 1, 1991 it was renamed to Comedy Central, with TimeWarner and Viacom having both a 50% share.
Great Product Placements in American Syndicated Television part 1357: A&W (however the cream soda), season 4 of Baywatch:
Apparently Mordecai has an account on Discord.
Make sure you check my channel idea, Toonverse! Go to make your own channel thread for more details!!