The Wonderful World of YouTube Part VI

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
While Fido Dido is the better known 7Up mascot, there was another one in form of the Cool Spot back in the late Eighties.
An in-depth story on the Take on Me music video.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I think Spot had a console video game so he probably had a decent amount of popularity. I lived in another country where Fido Dido was a thing during the early 90s and he was pretty popular with the kids I knew there. Also incredibly easy for first graders to draw.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

pacman000

It’s root bear & a candy cigar!

There was a longer version of Snoopy's Christmas with an intro to explain the song's story.

pacman000

It’s root bear & a candy cigar!
Pokémon Syndication Commercial:

I remember one like this with the Pokémon logo superimposed over the footage; anyone have a copy of that?

twilicorn

HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER
If anything can convince you that Shrek was worthy of induction into the National Film Registry, it's this.

AllenJ

A few months ago I put together a reel of Jon McClenahan's animation from Tiny Toons' first season and put it on YouTube in three parts (part one / part two / part three). Someone recently left a comment on part two informing me of a small piece of McClenahan animation in "The Acme Bowl" that was replaced in reruns but remained in foreign airings. The comment included a link to a Russian copy of the episode, and when I watched it I noticed many other alternate shots as well (plus a few in "Hero Hamton"). I decided to do a side-by-side comparison video since there doesn't seem to be any documentation of this:

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.
The time when Gunther spoke Dutch in Friends.

Featured Posts