The Wonderful World of YouTube Part VI

ToonJay723

Staff member
Like with Mario Kart Wii, people have now started making mods for Mario Kart 8 (Wii U version). And DS Rainbow Road looks amazing.

twilicorn

HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER
The Harlem Globetrotters are in my area tonight, and I'm lucky to be working at the stadium where they're playing. So here's a clip of them and Goldie Hawn in their heyday (re: the 70's), singing Randy Newman's "Short People":

Dsneybuf

What if the Shiverians from Super Mario Odyssey lent out one of their Bounding racetracks for Mario Kart?

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
Butch Hartman talks about his time at Hanna-Barbera/Cartoon Network:

That thumbnail sure makes it look like he works there NOW, doesn't it? Most of Butch's thumbnails are clickbaity. I enjoyed the story though.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
That thumbnail sure makes it look like he works there NOW, doesn't it? Most of Butch's thumbnails are clickbaity.
Not just that, but the title as well. If it wasn't for the fact that he's done clickbait before, I would've thought he was (until I read the description or watched the video, anyway). I was a bit skeptical when I saw it go up.

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
This property has been around since the 1920s, remained relevant through multiple generations, and in all that time, it can't land a movie deal better than this?

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
Marble Madness II: never dumped online. The guy who posted this video owns one of the 3 prototype cabinets. This was uploaded in 2007. It still hasn't surfaced anywhere.

poparena

Some new Nick Knacks. First, an episode of Special Delivery, Nickelodeon's junk drawer show that served several purposes.

Then, an extra video on the supposed fact that BET aired on Nickelodeon

ToonJay723

Staff member
I finally found the source of the headbopping Mario gif.

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
There's something about the broadcast premieres of classic horror movies.....it's such a foreboding feeling, enhanced by Ernie Anderson's voice.
When I watch these, I imagine all the kids who were sneaking forbidden viewings that night, and how they must have felt listening to Ernie, who is such an effective word of warning: "are you SURE you want to do this?"

By the way, he's talking about Helen Brach of Brach Candy, who was kidnapped by the Mafia and dumped down the chimney of an industrial factory incinerator.

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
And from the same account, what the "face peeling" scene from Poltergeist looked like on ABC. Apparently Spielberg filmed an alternate take of this scene for situations like this -- networks, airplanes, etc. In the broadcast version, the face doesn't peel. There's the tiniest bit of blood in the sink and then the man just.....suddenly has a skeleton head, which he repeatedly slaps at. They must've been so embarrassed by this version of the scene that they didn't even bother to foley it, so you actually hear the "slap slap slap" of a palm hitting a paper mache prop. I don't know how many people were frightened by this version.

If anything, it's a chance to see what the prop looked like before they covered it with fake fleshy bits.

Dsneybuf

"Remember when you passed up one of our videotapes, like, three years ago? Well, now you do. Don't forget to buy these tapes, then."

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

WBD announces a Meerkat Manor animated film. In other news, the world suddenly remembers Meerkat Manor exists.
Today marks the 5th Year Anniversary of when the HD Double Pack of Final Fantasy X & X-2 was released on the Nintendo Switch in North America. It was nice to be able to play my favorite Final Fantasy game on a Nintendo system.
Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)

Featured Posts