The Wonderful World of YouTube Part VI

pacman000

It’s root bear & a candy cigar!
There can be certain advantages to shopping at a store no one's been to since the 90's:

twilicorn

HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER
There can be certain advantages to shopping at a store no one's been to since the 90's:

I clearly remember seeing a Tumblr post about a Jimmy Neutron VHS being sold along with the DVD's in a major department store as late as this decade, and couldn't remember if it was a Kmart, Target or something else.
EDIT: I found it
Jimmy+neutron+boy+genius+vhs_33648f_5385420.png

Last edited:

TheMisterFree

I clearly remember seeing a Tumblr post about a Jimmy Neutron VHS being sold along with the DVD's in a major department store as late as this decade, and couldn't remember if it was a Kmart, Target or something else.
EDIT: I found it
Jimmy+neutron+boy+genius+vhs_33648f_5385420.png
That's Kmart in a nutshell-- full of stuff that should've been sold years ago, but no one care because it's Kmart. Now it and Sears are being dragged into retail hell by the mad bastard Eddie Lampert. The Onion summed his reign of terror up well: https://www.theonion.com/wild-eyed-sears-ceo-convinced-these-the-flannel-pajama-1819580351

pacman000

A couple of years ago I got some new-old-stock Pokemon DVDs from Amazon. Water Blast, still shrink wrapped with a holographic card. I think some sellers still had VHS as well.

Been thinking of the Atari Jaguar of late. That's a dangerous thing to do. Still, it can be...interesting. Here's Phase Zero, one of the games Atari canceled in late '95 when they realised there was no way to recover. I've thought for awhile it looked like it had potential: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OPcFdkj0GU&t=59s
As far as I know it was not officially released. It's not my style of game, but those smooth mountains and that textured terrain look beautiful.

Keep in mind this is a demo; the Jag seems to be less than a sum of it's parts; a lot of games had good looking demos, but adding game play required too much RAM/bandwidth, so the final production versions were choppy.

pacman000

The Cave, Atari Corp's last-ditch attempt to sell their last console:

Ummm... Ok. That's... something.

pacman000

Things you (probably) already know:

I also think 4kids' bankruptcy had a hand; they owned both Fox and the CW's kid's blocks. When they went under the one company who was syndicating the kiddie documentaries had a chance to take over. (Yes, it is one company; forgive me for not remembering their name. Starts with an "L" I think.)

twilicorn

HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER

I also think 4kids' bankruptcy had a hand; they owned both Fox and the CW's kid's blocks. When they went under the one company who was syndicating the kiddie documentaries had a chance to take over. (Yes, it is one company; forgive me for not remembering their name. Starts with an "L" I think.)

Litton?

Lately I've been on a Steamed Hams meme kick. Here's three of my favorites (the first two may be kinda dark):

TheMisterFree

Litton, that's the name. They've taken over management of ABC, CBS, NBC and the CW-- they hold a monopoly on Saturday-morning TV, and all they do is put on E/I crap to please the networks (because they can't be bothered in putting in effort anymore) and the FCC (which of course is too busy sucking the dick of big telecoms, but likely doesn't care about E/I either way).

Chris

I am a DuMont production.
Didn't the FCC require three hours of E/I programming on all network channels each week?

Dsneybuf

Playing Super Mario Odyssey has made me decide to look up a ton of Mario-related videos, including this modernized version of the Nintendo Cereal System commercial:

pacman000

Didn't the FCC require three hours of E/I programming on all network channels each week?
All full power and Class A broadcast TV stations; cable channels and low-power broadcast TV stations are excluded. This includes both the main channel and digital sub-channels. (I think they've modified the rule tho, so an aggregate of three hours on digital sub-channels owned by the same station is okay; e.g. Someone could own channel 50, split it into a news channel 50.1 and a kids channel 50.2. Six hours of e/i shows on 50.2 would count for both 50.1 and 50.2's quota. Don't quote me on that tho; it's just my understanding of some confusing regulations.)

pacman000

Tandy Commercials:

Coco 2 or 3:
This is actually the start of a playlist; there's a Coco 3 commercial after this one.

PC:

I appreciate the fact that these are just plain commercials instead of one of Radio Shack's more creative (and embarrassing) efforts. Tho I must admit I liked their last Super Bowl commercial. It directly confronted the public's perception of their stores in an energetic and funny way, then told us what they planned to do to fix it. Too bad they were so far in the hole there was no chance of that happening.

pacman000

Play Cable Commercial:

Would let users download games to their Intellivision via a cable modem.

Dsneybuf

This Japanese commercial for Super Mario All-Stars ends with Mario and his crew watching the live-action movie:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts