The Wonderful World of YouTube Part VI

Latest News & Videos

AdrenalineRush1996

May 13, 2016
After "L'Amour Toujours" and before "In My Mind", Gigi D'Agostino did this cover version of Nik Kershaw's "The Riddle".

Peter Paltridge

Out To Lunch
Staff member
Sep 24, 2003
Stars Hollow
www.platypuscomix.net
Here is the vague, confusing Titan AE trailer that appeared before The Phantom Menace. It's interesting how the comments are full of people who remember this exact appearance, AND that it was part of a larger Fox "package" trailer that showed off Anna and The King and The Beach. Three mini-trailers that were separated by searchlights. First thing you saw when the lights dimmed, because this was Fox's movie and they had others.

Not a second of this suggests we're looking at an animated feature and it also implies that "Titan AE" is the name of the main character. It's worth noting production was a mess.

Reactions: TheMisterFree

Peter Paltridge

Out To Lunch
Staff member
Sep 24, 2003
Stars Hollow
www.platypuscomix.net
It's been said that behind the scenes at Disney, they thought their big film would be Pocahontas and that The Lion King would be a second banana. But from the impression of this trailer that appeared in late 1993, they HAD to have known what they had here.

There is something to be said for simply presenting the opening four minutes of the picture -- rightly as iconic as they figured it would all be -- and simply leaving it at that, with a cheeky "TO BE CONTINUED" after the Pride Rock shot. It was like going "Any questions?" and dropping the mike.