The Wonderful World of YouTube Part VI

Latest News & Videos

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Sep 3, 2006
Kansas
nachosconcarne.com
When I learned that browsers were discontinuing support for Flash Player at the end of next year, my heart sank. I watched a ton of Flash animated cartoons in my senior year of high school, and gained an interest in Flash games and web design in college. Flash introduced a level of interactivity that was never seen before on the Internet, and will likely never be seen again because of Facebook and WordPress and smartphones.

This was one of the earliest Flash cartoons I watched, from the old wildbrain.com site. Last year, one of the animators who worked on it started remastering the original Flash files in Adobe Animate and posting them in HD on YouTube.

Here's episode one of Joe Paradise:

Last edited:

Radiant97

gaming
Feb 3, 2018
your mom's basement
Pocari Sweat (brand of sports drinks) Indonesia recently put out this insanely beautiful ad animated by the Bali-based Timeline Studio, which has worked on such anime titles as One Piece, Doraemon, Crayon Shin-chan, etc. Major Makoto Shinkai vibes.

Peter Paltridge

Too Hip For Spielberg
Staff member
Sep 24, 2003
Stars Hollow
www.platypuscomix.net
They're doing The Secret Garden again, only this time the garden appears to ACTUALLY be magical (note the whimsical Harry Potter ripoff music). I had to read the book in second grade AND watch the BBC miniseries twice (once in first grade, once in second). Honestly I would have preferred this exotic take over the grounded ones.

Amidst all this exposure, I drew a sequel comic book. "The Secret Garden II: The Lazer Guy." It opens with Dickon rummaging through a dumpster and finding an old photo booth. He digs it out and finds that the malfunctioning booth actually duplicates PEOPLE. But the other Dickon is evil, and he has a laser gun, which he uses to vaporize the Secret Garden. The final panel is Mary floating in a white void. I think I only brought this trailer up so I could mention that comic.

Radiant97

gaming
Feb 3, 2018
your mom's basement
Here's a cool gem I found while reading Adult Swim's Wikipedia article: A rip of the extremely rare Adult Swim promotional CD containing theme songs and snippets from its then-upcoming shows. The only people who managed to obtain this are winners of a trivia game at Space Ghost Coast to Coast's 2001 Comic-Con panel.

pacman000

Jun 5, 2017
websitering.neocities.org
Kmart jingle & 2 hours of in store music:

From 1973. Love that jingle; reminds me of "I'd Like to Buy the World a Coke." Most of the music's big band versions of popular hits & light classical music. (Based on what I've heard so far.)

twilicorn

HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER
Dec 4, 2015
SO MUCH PAIN
I helped edit part of Schaffrillas' long-awaited Shrek 4 review. I gotta hand it to Schaff for making me seem like a better editor than I usually am ;)