The Wonderful World of YouTube Part VI

Latest News & Videos

Dsneybuf

A high-quality version of the first PBS logo finally appeared on YouTube last year, accompanied with an early CPB logo, to boot:

Chris

I am a DuMont production.
The first minutes of QVC from 1986. QVC stands for "Quality, Value, and Convenience."

poparena

Someone found footage of By The Way, a lost Nickelodeon show from 1979. I'll be doing an updated Nick Knacks on it soon, but in the meantime, enjoy it in all its late-70s chromakey glory.

Peter Paltridge

Ay Carumba
Staff member
Someone found footage of By The Way, a lost Nickelodeon show from 1979. I'll be doing an updated Nick Knacks on it soon, but in the meantime, enjoy it in all its late-70s chromakey glory.
This makes me wonder if masters for By The Way -- in the form that it aired -- actually exist. This looks like they only filmed the original material and put in the shorts randomly per day. That's only a theory though.

Peter Paltridge

Ay Carumba
Staff member
Today a trailer for Stranger Things Season 3 appeared that used a "clip" from Dick Clark's Rockin' Eve 1985. I happen to actually have that airing, and the actual last minute is completely different. The Stranger Things version doesn't have Lily Tomlin, for one thing:

twilicorn

HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER
Today a trailer for Stranger Things Season 3 appeared that used a "clip" from Dick Clark's Rockin' Eve 1985. I happen to actually have that airing, and the actual last minute is completely different. The Stranger Things version doesn't have Lily Tomlin, for one thing:

That's interesting. Must be an alternate master. Or they didn't use the 1985 version at all and instead used a different year's Rockin' Eve. That's what it looks like to me.

Peter Paltridge

Ay Carumba
Staff member
Technically not YouTube, but worth posting here: Matt found the ad where N*SYNC does the PokeRap and then Ash captures them in a ball.

The tweet went viral because a ton of people claim to not remember it -- which is bunk; if you see something like this you NEVER forget it.

Technically not YouTube, but worth posting here: Matt found the ad where N*SYNC does the PokeRap and then Ash captures them in a ball.

The tweet went viral because a ton of people claim to not remember it -- which is bunk; if you see something like this you NEVER forget it.
I didn't look at the link. But, I can assure you that it WAS on YouTube. I've had the file on my computer since 2010. People didn't remember it, because it aired only once.

Chris

I am a DuMont production.
Went in search of DuMont TV shows on YouTube. Found Col. Flack. I think this would work great as a series even now. This episode has starpower even, it has a (young) Jack Klugman playing the role of Sedgewick.