Latest News & Videos

twilicorn

HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER
Dec 4, 2015
Ratings
SO MUCH PAIN
Zendaya is Meechee!

Hahahaha that's awesome!

I might want to see Small Foot after someone recommended it to us in social today. She says it's better than she was expecting, it's surprisingly deep for a kids' movie and isn't afraid to get a bit scary. I'm more interested in The House with a Clock in Its Walls but I might see both movies...

Peter Paltridge

Ay Carumba
Staff member
Sep 24, 2003
Ratings
797 6
Stars Hollow
www.platypuscomix.net
Did you know Greg not only makes Nick Knacks, but he reviews Reboot episodes?

Some thoughts on this one: in the US on ABC, it aired as part of the second season, not the first, and the second was much darker in parts. It ended up between two of the heavier shows that season, and the lighter tone worked much better as a breather. Greg apparently saw them in order, and so he didn't like this. Go back, Greg, and stick it in Season 2 - you might appreciate it this time.

Also, the binome at the end is saying "TAKE MY WIFE PLEASE" in binary.

Also also, you didn't comment on the "BS&P" number, which confused the heck out of me as a kid. Turns out it was a jab at ABC and their BS&P department, or Broadcast Standards and Practices. The "Censor Lady" in this episode was another jab; they couldn't stand the restrictions the network put on them, and would eventually rebel as we all know, with much better results.

Some thoughts on this one: in the US on ABC, it aired as part of the second season, not the first, and the second was much darker in parts. It ended up between two of the heavier shows that season, and the lighter tone worked much better as a breather. Greg apparently saw them in order, and so he didn't like this. Go back, Greg, and stick it in Season 2 - you might appreciate it this time.
Yes, well, it technically premiered in August 1995.

twilicorn

HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER
Dec 4, 2015
Ratings
SO MUCH PAIN
On the Spanish version of "Your Face Sounds Familiar" (a singing competition where people perform as famous singers), someone did an Inspector Gadget routine based on the French intro. It was epic. Unfortunately the prize was not a free iPad ("Minecraft with Gadget" reference there).

Peter Paltridge

Ay Carumba
Staff member
Sep 24, 2003
Ratings
797 6
Stars Hollow
www.platypuscomix.net
The cast of ABC's Sabrina the Teenage Witch reacts to the first two episodes of Chilling Adventures of Sabrina:
I just came here to post this. Screw it, I'll post it again:

And speaking of Sabrina, I haven't had any time to put together the new article, and it's partly because my computer broke down and I had to get a new one. Whenever you get a new computer there's always a few days of having to reinstall everything and getting all your old settings back. Whenever I'm not swamped with work or chores, I'm dealing with that, so....the next article is probably going to pathetically show up post-Halloween.

May 17, 2010
Ratings
California
A Nick Knacks Special in time for Halloween, it's U.F.O. Kidnapped, a pilot about the cast of You Can't Do That On Television getting abducted by aliens and thrown through a black hole. It might be the best thing Roger Price ever made.

Dsneybuf

Sep 22, 2011
Ratings
www.youtube.com
Whoa, Space Cases came from a Twilight Zone cast member? Bill Mumy played three different characters in the original show, most notably Anthony from "It's a Good Life" (the boy who'd mess with reality in his hometown, and banish anyone who offends him to "the cornfield").