The Wonderful World of YouTube Part VI

Latest News

twilicorn

HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER
Dec 4, 2015
Ratings
SO MUCH PAIN
I doubt that I'll ever see Hamilton (bootlegs notwithstanding) because tickets keep selling out. If I ever go to NYC my go-to shows are Come From Away and Spongebob, assuming they'll both even still be there when I am.

AllenJ

Aug 7, 2012
Ratings
Speaking of which, here's a couple Hamilton parodies by political satirist/parodist Randy Rainbow (yes, that's his real name). Please check out more of his videos if you haven't yet.

Peter Paltridge

Ay Carumba
Staff member
Sep 24, 2003
Ratings
777 7
Stars Hollow
www.platypuscomix.net
I doubt that I'll ever see Hamilton (bootlegs notwithstanding) because tickets keep selling out. If I ever go to NYC my go-to shows are Come From Away and Spongebob, assuming they'll both even still be there when I am.
You're not even kidding. It passed through Portland already and the window to get tickets stayed open for one hour, maybe less. The news didn't report it until they were sold out.

Dsneybuf

Sep 22, 2011
Ratings
www.youtube.com
Right now, my likeliest chance of watching Hamilton involves seizing a deal on tickets to the Chicago production, but as Aaron Burr would say, "I'm willing to wait for it, wait for it."

If this doesn't sound too irrelevant, I did see Lin-Manuel Miranda's first Broadway musical, In the Heights, when a nearby high school held a performance of it. It seems less ambitious than Hamilton, but I still admire how much excitement and pathos it finds in ordinary people's lives.
(To me, In the Heights also gets points for giving its women motivations that don't revolve around Miranda's character, or at least don't revolve completely around him.)

twilicorn

HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER
Dec 4, 2015
Ratings
SO MUCH PAIN
With all this discussion of Hamilton I figured it'd be appropriate to put this Youtube Poop by one of my new favorite poopers:

And speaking of musical theatre YTPS here's a Dear Evan Hansen poop, cause why not:

Peter Paltridge

Ay Carumba
Staff member
Sep 24, 2003
Ratings
777 7
Stars Hollow
www.platypuscomix.net
So Art Bell is dead, as you might have heard. I only came across his radio show once, while looking for crazy stuff (the AM dial was excellent for this purpose, at least in the 90s). There was a caller on his show who said he was living with a family of Bigfoots, and the story got crazier from there. He said Steven Spielberg was snooping around trying to expose him, and he also said the Yetis had informed him humans are actually aliens. "It's their planet! See, they have an extra set of lungs."

As I've learned more about Bell over the past couple days I've found out every episode of his show was like this -- he would take calls and just let those people go on and on, based on whether their stories were entertaining enough (he did believe in UFOs though). I recorded part of the Bigfoot episode to cassette but I don't have the ability to digitize cassettes at the moment.

But lucky you -- YouTube has no shortage of Art Bell. This is OVER ELEVEN HOURS of the man:

May 17, 2010
California
Got some new Nick Knacks for you!

First, Dusty's Treehouse, a charming 70s children's puppet show that was used in the mid-90s to scam old people out of their money.

Then, Livewire, Nickelodeon's second attempt at a young adult talk show. Young women of color get excited about Pac-Man, and baby R.E.M.!