The "What'cha Been Playin'?" Thread

Cunning Condor

I sat down for a casual game of Portal 2 and somehow managed to beat the entire campaign in roughly 3 hours. I do not know.

AnotherRandomGuy

The cat came back, he just couldn't stay away
Nier Automata has been my go to action game for awhile now, still haven't gotten all the endings though.

That being said I'm kinda in the mood for Monster Hunter after Sony's E3, I need to look for my copy of MH3

Cunning Condor

Nier Automata has been my go to action game for awhile now, still haven't gotten all the endings though.

That being said I'm kinda in the mood for Monster Hunter after Sony's E3, I need to look for my copy of MH3
I have been interested in Automata but I'm waiting for a price drop.

Played Titanfall 2 multiplayer all night cuzza the free trial this week. Even tho, it should be free to begin with.

I loathe PS+.

defunctzombie

1992 not 2002
Staff member
I thought I would replay Skyward Sword... Ugh. -_-

I forgot the reason I only played through this once. Apart from the controller not doing what I want it to, Fi just won't let you do anything on your own. Lost critters? "I'll tell you exactly where they are, push C." C is going to blink on the screen until you do as she says. Time for the temple? "There are monsters inside, you should go back to Skyloft first." Get hit by an enemy? Fi blinks at you every time you see that enemy until you listen to her hints. MASTER, THE BATTERIES ARE GETTING LOW.

They need to remake the game and give you an option to turn her off.

Punisher

One Shot At Glory
Been on a retro kick. Just beat Chameleon Twist (N64) and working on starting Space Station Silicon Valley.

Also playing Fallout 3 and Breath of the Wild. I can only play BOTW in short bursts because that game drives me nuts.

Anthony Riley

I've been playing Pokemon Sun and I received my shiny Tapu Koko yesterday and received a shiny Jolly level 100 Greninja on Wonder Trade.

Magus

The Boss
It's been a little bit since I've posted in this thread. To be honest, the only game I've actually played this year has been Persona 5. I haven't really had much interest in anything else despite being excited for a lot of games. I think my disappointment with the way Mass Effect Andromeda turned out was the root cause of everything.

Anyway, P5 being the only new game that I've played and completed (currently got a NG+ going as well) has been very satisfying. Even though I can't stand Ryuji, I still thought the game was so good. The way it was presented was probably something I needed, otherwise, I never would've bothered with it (don't want to talk too much about it, cause of spoiler potential). It'd be unfair for me to call it game of the year since I haven't played anything else, but I'd probably go as far as saying that it's one of the best JRPG's that I've played.

Still not really ready to tackle some of these newer games just yet outside of Tekken 7. Haven't really jumped into it yet. I've merely been watching tournament / exhibition footages Kazuya, Jin, Steve, and Hwoarang. I know all 4 characters are hard to play and I haven't played since T3 (I've dabbled in T5 but I hated it) so I'm looking forward to learning these characters even though I know it'll be a long process (especially with having very little time).

Other than that, I've long since dropped Street Fighter 5, and am getting ready to start either a Mass Effect run or a Metal Gear Solid, Halo run with a side of Gears of War.

Cunning Condor

It's been a little bit since I've posted in this thread. To be honest, the only game I've actually played this year has been Persona 5. I haven't really had much interest in anything else despite being excited for a lot of games. I think my disappointment with the way Mass Effect Andromeda turned out was the root cause of everything.

Anyway, P5 being the only new game that I've played and completed (currently got a NG+ going as well) has been very satisfying. Even though I can't stand Ryuji, I still thought the game was so good. The way it was presented was probably something I needed, otherwise, I never would've bothered with it (don't want to talk too much about it, cause of spoiler potential). It'd be unfair for me to call it game of the year since I haven't played anything else, but I'd probably go as far as saying that it's one of the best JRPG's that I've played.

Still not really ready to tackle some of these newer games just yet outside of Tekken 7. Haven't really jumped into it yet. I've merely been watching tournament / exhibition footages Kazuya, Jin, Steve, and Hwoarang. I know all 4 characters are hard to play and I haven't played since T3 (I've dabbled in T5 but I hated it) so I'm looking forward to learning these characters even though I know it'll be a long process (especially with having very little time).

Other than that, I've long since dropped Street Fighter 5, and am getting ready to start either a Mass Effect run or a Metal Gear Solid, Halo run with a side of Gears of War.
Play P4 and 3 while you're at it.

Magus

The Boss
Finally started Ni-oH recently. While I've always had an interest in the "souls" game I've never had an interest to try them out until now, and even then Ni-oh is the only one of it's elk that I'm giving a shot mainly because of the setting. I love the samurai setting and culture. Always have and always will. Nothing against Dark Souls and whatnot but I'm worn out on the medieval time period.

This game has the potential to be my favorite game of all time because of how deep the combat is (and did I mention I love samurai's). I'm not far into the game at all, and I don't have any idea what type of build I want to go for, but I'm loving the options.

And some of these costumes are too sick (extra cherry on top). Anyway, if I had to nitpick at something it's the stamina bar. It's the main reason I stay away from games like this. I'm more of a "guns blazing" kinda guy, but I am getting a little bit comfortable with it now.

So good.

Volthoom

Been playing Risen 3 Titan Lords(don't get the bad reviews for it, game was awesome. Had more fun paying it than Skyrim.), Nier(the original, not the sequel), Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2 Scholar of the First Sin, Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen, and Bound by Flame on my PS3

Viper

I'll Never Forget You Two!
I finally had a chance to play Captain America: Super Soldier for the PS3. I completed the Prologue as well as Chapters 1 & 2. It's a pretty fun game. The action is pretty good and the actors & actresses do a great job playing the characters. Very enjoyable game.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts