The "What'cha Been Playin'?" Thread

JohnCrichton

An astronaut!
All good video game boards should have these... let's us know the latest on what's all been spinning in our respective machines.

I'll start off...

I've been cracking into Phoenix Wright 2 and am stuck with the manager... can't figure out proof of how she can be intimate with someone.

Yesterday I cracked into Final Fantasy 12 and remembered why this game is bound to make one of my all time favorite lists. I was doing the infamous desert run and yeah... I think I was near the end when I got fracking wasted by these balls of fire that're near boss power levels! Watch out for 'em! You wade through so many two hit point ninjas you almost just don't think about it. You round the corner to see a ginormous fireball! It hits you hard and fast with unforgiving sleep spells that blitz your whole team and even your heaviest hitters and follows up with a single strike that can take down a Level 17.

Might try and make the run again to day, now that I know what to prepare for, but **** damn that was a terrible surprise. Had to make a mad dash all the way back to down that I almost didn't make... >___< So many hours nearly lost!

Anyway... watch out for that.

peacebyanymeans

HORRIBLE FOR EVERYONE
Gears of War, the Darkness and Guitar Hero II.

That is, until Bioshock, Halo 3 and Mass Effect come out.

...and Super Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Bros. Brawl...

Mr. Pedro

Der Patton
Been digging into some stuff I've had on the back-burner for a while. I'm starting to remember what a blast God Hand was to play.

Unfortunately, I fear I may have worn the disc out, as it sputtered and froze while I was getting my ass kicked by sentai midgets for the 20th time. Now it doesn't seem to want to do (the disc) anything past the map screen.

*Sigh*

Well, I suppose I am over-leveled enough in Breath of Fire II to be able to blow through the remainder of the game if I wanted to.

Storm Eagle

Power to the peaceful
I've started playing The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker again to psych me up for Phantom Hourglass. I'm also going to be playing Metroid Prime: Hunters to psych me up for Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.

Demonic Raven

I just got Mario Strikers Charged a few days ago. It's very fun but...also surprisingly hard. After getting my ass handed to me by either the CPU or online opponents, I bust out Mario Kart DS. Why? After punting a noob or two into next week, I feel better about sucking in Strikers. Leave me alone, I have issues. :crying:

Captain Highwind

I've been cracking into Phoenix Wright 2 and am stuck with the manager... can't figure out proof of how she can be intimate with someone.

Whenever I'm about to enter a cross-examination scene, I just save the game at that point, then I'm free to just narrow down the evidence through process of elimination. You get about 4-5 tries before you have to restart your game from the save point.

Just beat Ace Attorney a few weeks ago, and am now finishing up Hotel Dusk. Except I missed the part where I can get coins for the vending machine, so I'll have to play it again once I finish. I have to say this game can get pretty frustrating when you're just aimlessly roaming the halls trying to advance the story. Kyle Hyde needs to learn how to hussle.

I'm still on the third disc of Final Fantasy IX, and the first disc of VIII, and I'm just wandering aimlessly on FFIII DS, so I just said hell with it and started at the beginning of the franchise with the first Final Fantasy. Currently I am at Elven Castle (nice Link homage there, Square), stocking up on items and levels so I can just blow through the game.

Occasionally I go back to Xenosaga. I think I just finished a very long cutscene involving a captain calling one of his subordinates a Pollyanna.

MattThomasM2B

The End Is Here.
I beat Mega Man and Bass two days ago. Good lord, it had to be the hardest Mega Man I've waded through.

I'm doing my second playthrough of The Red Star, trying to max out Makita's stats (and see if it makes the end of the game any less nightmarishly hard.)

I've been on and off playing Rogue Galaxy, just got to the mining planet.

Between those three, I still find time to play some more Elite Beat Agents, Guitar Hero 2 and Earth Defense Force 2017.

YoshiAngemon

I was playing Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, in a part of an effort to playing all three Paper Mario games, one after the other. I already beat the first one.

Kurokawa41

The Indecisive Font Guy
Oh, please. I only got stuck on Phoenix Wright like twice in the entire game.[/brag]

World of Warcraft is what I've been playing. I intend on getting a PSP soon, too.

Icer

I just finished Pokemon Diamond last night, today I moved on to New Super Mario Bros. Been giving my new DS a good workout (beaten 3 games in 2 weeks).

Also just picked up Zelda for Wii, so I'll try that out tonight.

Sigma

Simply Phenomenal
Considering that I am moving into a new apartment in a few days I haven't been playing a lot, but I have still managed to find some time to game. Lately I have been playing Mario Strikers Charged on the Wii, which is a lot of fun especially with multiple people. I've also been catching up on some Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney on my DS. I can see why this series has such a following now. I've also been playing a preview build of Blue Dragon as I wait for my review copy from Microsoft.

Charles Chimag

I also find this amusing!
I just finished Pokemon Diamond last night, today I moved on to New Super Mario Bros. Been giving my new DS a good workout (beaten 3 games in 2 weeks).

Also just picked up Zelda for Wii, so I'll try that out tonight.

How exactly can you "finish" Pokemon? Did you just beat the Elite Four? :sad:
Anyway, I've been doing a bit of Kirby's Air Ride (I actually like it) and Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Icer

How exactly can you "finish" Pokemon? Did you just beat the Elite Four? :sad:
Anyway, I've been doing a bit of Kirby's Air Ride (I actually like it) and Super Smash Bros. Melee.
Yeah, finished off the story mode. I'll take a look at the extra stuff later on.

Kryten

I've been Pony'd
Final Fantasy III for the DS. I've just gotten to the point where you get the second batch of jobs.

Punisher

One Shot At Glory
Just got back into playing Zoids: Battle Legends for the Gamecube. It's pretty much just mindless fun, I play it whenever I'm bored and have nothing else to do. Also played Gears of War a bit on Live today, and all my other three teammates quit on me while the other team had everybody for the entire match. I love it when that happens.

Sketch

not like those other old guys
Mostly Pokemon.

Lots and lots of Pokemon.

Just tying up some loose ends on Leaf Green while I progress through Diamond and I restarted Yellow as well and have played it a bit off and on.

Besides that on a whim I started SSB:M again mostly to attempt re-earning the farely easy to earn things (ie, every character besides MewTwo and Mr. Game & Watch). That was fun but the novelty ran out of course.

I've had a hankering for Zelda thanks to Game Trailer's retrospective which I just watched recently so I'm borrowing Oracle of the Ages from a friend.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Today marks the 5th Year Anniversary of when the HD Double Pack of Final Fantasy X & X-2 was released on the Nintendo Switch in North America. It was nice to be able to play my favorite Final Fantasy game on a Nintendo system.
Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.

Featured Posts