The "The Spectacular Spider-Man" News & Discussion Thread, Part 7 (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Apr 23, 2001
Toonzone
www.worldsfinestonline.com
Curious to see what is coming up for The Spectacular Spider-Man? Check out this thread for all the latest news and updates on the newest animated incarnation of everyone's favorite Web-Slinger!

Click for a larger image!

For the latest news, check out the newest posts in this thread!

Check out the The Spectacular Spider-Man Canadian Airings Talkback (Spoilers) for other information and comments. Also, talkbacks for individual The Spectacular Spider-Man episode are available here.

Related Threads:
-The Official "The Spectacular Spider-Man" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)
-The Official "The Spectacular Spider-Man" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers), Part 2
-The Official "The Spectacular Spider-Man" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers), Part 3
-The Official "The Spectacular Spider-Man" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers), Part 4
-The Official "The Spectacular Spider-Man" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers), Part 5
-The Official "The Spectacular Spider-Man" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers), Part 6

Note: Please keep this thread, and the discussion found within, on-topic. Thank you.

W.C.Reaf

Jan 9, 2007
UK
From the last thread:

what I still don't get is sesaon two is on disny XD and not CW4kids why?
Because Disney paid more money for it than CW. Simple as that.

Mistah K88

Jan 17, 2009
California
I do hope that when it makes it to Disney XD they don't don't go crazy with the censorship. I just saw "Night of the Lizard" of Spider-Man TAS and parts were cut out horribly. When you feel the need to edit THAT show, there is a problem. I believe that if they are aiming for boys older than 5 they should leave it as is. I was around 8-12 during Superman TAS's run on kids WB, and I was able to take a Parademon biting Superman, why can't the kids take it now? I hope that Disney XD will air the first season before march so we can see what they will cut out. If they are cutting out, I suspect scenes like Goblin's pumpkin knives stabbling Tombstone in the back will be out.

creativerealms

Jul 14, 2004
That was a long time ago and compared to the editing done to those Marvel shows the DC shows (Yes they were still edited) were less so. They were still edited and the edits were awkward none of them were bad. I don't expect Spectacular Spider-man to be edited at all or not much.

lumpmoose

Mar 1, 2008
Minneapolis, MN
twitter.com
Greg Weisman has left Sony and Spectacular Spider-Man production shuts down tomorrow: http://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/search.php?rid=809

They anticipate that the earliest Disney will buy Season 3 is March after the ratings for season 2 come in. Ratings will have to be good enough to convince Disney to pay for season 3. So spread the word, especially to Nielsen homes, and tell everyone you know in the US to tune in in March.

batsy2

Aug 6, 2007
bear creek
well i will definatly watch it if it helps to get a 3rd season on the air. this is the best spidey show ever and i need to see more.

Spideyzilla

Staff member
Jul 23, 2008
Canada
Greg Weisman has left Sony and Spectacular Spider-Man production shuts down tomorrow: http://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/search.php?rid=809

They anticipate that the earliest Disney will buy Season 3 is March after the ratings for season 2 come in. Ratings will have to be good enough to convince Disney to pay for season 3. So spread the word, especially to Nielsen homes, and tell everyone you know in the US to tune in in March.
I.... feel sick.:eek: :crying: I can't help, I don't know anyone in the States. WATCH IT EVERYONE! THIS CANNOT, MUST NOT BE THE END!

SpaceWay2008

Jun 14, 2008
Maryland
That's sad to hear. But no worries. I will watch the show on Disney XD. Hopefully, the ratings will be good enough for Disney XD to want another season of TSSM.

Nightwing

WF Old Man
Apr 24, 2001
Gotham, New York
I do hope that when it makes it to Disney XD they don't don't go crazy with the censorship. I just saw "Night of the Lizard" of Spider-Man TAS and parts were cut out horribly. When you feel the need to edit THAT show, there is a problem.
Aaah you DID it! You lit my signal in the sky and I came runnin! Sorry but whenever the topic of Toon Disney and SpidermanTAS comes up I'm always expressing my disgust for the editing they did. And "Night of The Lizard" is my favorite example! :D

I still have some optimism left that says Spectacular Spiderman won't be edited, though. The reason I feel this way is because it's not one of the older shows.

Now there doesn't seem to be any logic in that, but it seems to be how they react. In short they don't know WHAT they want other than the fashionably shallow "not to get sued."

He said if there was another season, they would come back. Right now, it seems to be left to the ratings if there is another season.
He said if there was another season and he is available then he is definitely coming back. He's an absurdly talented creative mind and he's looking for work. It's possible he might eventually find it before being told about season 3. Now I'm not one of the people that whine about the possibility of No Greg Weisman, but I simply understand their pain.

Truly, there are other really creative and talented minds that can pick up a third season, but you have to keep "The Fanboy Dream" in mind. The dream involves a new show that comes out and becomes successful, accurate to its characters, has lots of story and character depth, and, above all, lots and lots of seasons so there will be a lot of the above.

It's rarity, but this dream was going to come true word for word when we heard Greg Weisman was working on a Spiderman cartoon. If the exact group of people isn't back, then it's like a ship sailing in the ocean with a sudden yet temporary point in time where there's no one at the helm. It obviously won't hit any iceburgs during that time, but it's something we weren't expecting so there's a liiiittle fear.

Marvin Tikvah

Sep 28, 2005
California
It's a shame that a show so good ends up in an ugly situation like this. If Sony and Disney really cared about the show they wouldn't be holding out so long on a renewal.

Not to mention that the Disney XD commercials show absolutely no sign of Spectacular Spider-Man, so how are kids supposed to be tuning in if they don't even know it's coming to the network?

Spideyzilla

Staff member
Jul 23, 2008
Canada
It's a shame that a show so good ends up in an ugly situation like this. If Sony and Disney really cared about the show they wouldn't be holding out so long on a renewal.

Not to mention that the Disney XD commercials show absolutely no sign of Spectacular Spider-Man, so how are kids supposed to be tuning in if they don't even know it's coming to the network?
Give them time. They're waiting so long because they want to make sure it has good ratings on Disney XD. There are no plans as of now. So, The Spectacular Spider-Man Animated Series is over (For now).

Rud

Nine Arts Dragon
Aug 22, 2007
Mays Landing, New Jersey
how come only Disney/US matters, spider-man airs in other countries too right, so if it does well in say, Canada or something then couldn't get another season like that. Wolverine and the X-Men got another 26 episode season before even airing in America based on how well it did everywhere else (like in south America), why cant it be the same for this show?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The Teen Titans Go vs. Teen Titans trailer didn’t show Bumblebee, making me think either her stay on the Titans is temporary or i’m overthinking everything.
I wonder what Eddie Fitzgerald's up to...
Finally going to get to watch Shazam today! Can't wait :).

I found this interesting tweet thread from Jenny Calabro that definitely speaks volumes.