The Super Hero Squad Show "Support Your Local Sky-Father!" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and Comment on this Episode!

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• ***1/2

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • **1/2

• *1/2

• Total voters

Arsenal

Magneto was right
Discuss this new episode of The Super Hero Squad Show premiering today on Cartoon Network!

talkback.jpg

Saturday, November 13th 2010 at 6:30am (ET) - "Support Your Local Sky-Father!”
When Thor faces Hercules in a contest of champions on Olympus, the Mayor tries to sell the pay-per-view rights. But when one of the Squad’s arch villains plots to take over Olympus and Asgard, can Thor and Hercules put aside their pride to save the day?

Comments?

---

Chaotix12345

Guh-huh!
Franklin Richards and Power Pack cameo! :)

I loved the Mayor's crack at this episode's writing. If Stan Lee wrote this episode, it would probably be a lot weirder, campier, and by association, more EPIC

So that's how Thor got his new duds. Interesting.

Conekiller

On the Cruise!
I loved the Mayor's crack at this episode's writing. If Stan Lee wrote this episode, it would probably be a lot weirder, campier, and by association, more EPIC

Which is odd since this has been easily the best episode of the season so far. Pretty much every gag was a hit ( Hulk's t-shirt, the "kid safe" playground covered in bubble wrap etc.) new voices and personalities were genuinely funny and there little to no "cutting corners" animation-wise.

If I were trying to get someone to watch this show, this is one I'd pick to show em.

Dudley

Staff member
Which is odd since this has been easily the best episode of the season so far. Pretty much every gag was a hit ( Hulk's t-shirt, the "kid safe" playground covered in bubble wrap etc.) new voices and personalities were genuinely funny and there little to no "cutting corners" animation-wise.

This is the first episode I've seen of this season and the animation in this show is still bad (though it appears more of an editing problem than anything). If this was the best one animation wise, I'd hate to see the others.

I did enjoy the Power Pack and Franklin Richards cameo. I wonder who the other kids were...

Conekiller

On the Cruise!
Other episodes feature still shots while something "funny" is happening off screen. Or they'll loop a certain animation far longer than it should loop to the point where it becomes obvious they're killing time (Doom pushing the laundry cart last week immediately comes to mind).

The premier I can kind of forgive since it had alot more CG than most eps do, but since then I've been kinda dissapointed. However the plot seems to indicate that this ep should have aired last week, judging by Thor's new look.

But really, I watch this show for the comedy, not the animation, so if it's actually funnily written and acted, a few corner cutting animations won't bother me.

PeppeRaskell1

Peanutized!!!
Glad I wasn't the only one who spotted the Power Pack in the playground scene.

Also spotted the "Journey Into Mystery" and "I could write better stuff than this" in-jokes. No surprise, since the fellow responsible for those is the voice of the Mayor.

I haven't seen this in a while, but I've noticed that Thanos is featured in the opening titles now, instead of Dr. Doom. Did Charlie Adler leave the show?
(I miss when he says "I HATE those Squaddies!")

Choppasmith

Yeah, really liked this episode when I first watched it. I recognized the Power Pack (and Franklin) too, but I feel like I should recognize those other kids, yet I've got nothing.

I haven't seen this in a while, but I've noticed that Thanos is featured in the opening titles now, instead of Dr. Doom. Did Charlie Adler leave the show?
(I miss when he says "I HATE those Squaddies!")

Nah, Doom has just been pushed aside in favor of Thanos. Doom still has occasional screen time here and there especially in the recent Season 2 episode Villainy Redux Syndrome.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts