"The Spectacular Spider-Man" News & Discussion Thread, Part 8 (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Apr 23, 2001
Toonzone
www.worldsfinestonline.com
Curious to see what is coming up for The Spectacular Spider-Man? Check out this thread for all the latest news and updates on the newest animated incarnation of everyone's favorite Web-Slinger!

The Spectacular Spider-Man - New episodes Wednesdays at 9:00pm (ET) on Disney XD!

For the latest news, check out Marvel Animation Age and the newest posts in this thread!

Check out the The Spectacular Spider-Man International Airings Talkback (Spoilers) for other information and comments. Also, talkbacks for individual The Spectacular Spider-Man episode are available here.

Related Threads:
-The Official "The Spectacular Spider-Man" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)
-The Official "The Spectacular Spider-Man" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers), Part 2
-The Official "The Spectacular Spider-Man" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers), Part 3
-The Official "The Spectacular Spider-Man" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers), Part 4
-The Official "The Spectacular Spider-Man" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers), Part 5
-The Official "The Spectacular Spider-Man" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers), Part 6
-The Official "The Spectacular Spider-Man" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers), Part 7

Note: Please keep this thread, and the discussion found within, on-topic. Thank you.

Webbed-Wonder

Still thwipping!
Feb 22, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
They just showed an ad with TSSM on it promoting their night of premieres. It was more of an afterthought, really, only saying to catch the premiere of The Spectacular Spider-Man.

-
-
Edit: I'm watching TSSM right now on Disney XD and they just played an ad for the one hour premiere.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaveh77

Mar 29, 2009
Arizona
Actually they showed an ad just promoting ssm without night of premieres. Hopefully they show the ad a lot. So far 2 ads for ssm night of premieres and one by itself.

Kaveh77

Mar 29, 2009
Arizona
So far I've only seen the ad twice hopefully they play It a lot so everyone knows when season 2 starts. I hope they'll advertise It on Disney Channel too.

TommyDelucaPimp

Jun 10, 2009
On the beach
This show is awesome and I miss seeing new episodes every saturday morning when it was on cw4Kids, but seeing reruns on Disney XD is better than nothing I guess. I would put it on par with the animated Spider-Man series that was around 12-15 years ago, but it feels like they didn't set this series up to succeed, I have not heard anything about new episodes on the way for a long time and I am wondering if they are done with the show? I hope not, I feel like there is so much more story to tell and I think that this series could succeed if given the oppertunity, so I hope to hear on some good things in the future for this show.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Apr 23, 2001
Toonzone
Sony Television Entertainment has released a batch of images from the upcoming second season of The Spectacular Spider-Man, and Marvel Animation Age has your first look at them. Click here or on the thumbnail below for a closer look.
Disney XD will premiere the second season of The Spectacular Spider-Man with two back-to-back episodes on Monday, June 22nd, 2009 with the episode "Blueprints" airing at 7:00pm (ET/PT) followed by "Destructive Testing" at 7:30pm (ET/PT). Please note that either myself or Stu will have the talkbacks for the second season premiere of The Spectacular Spider-Man posted on the appropriate day, June 22nd, 2009, as well as further episodes.

Stay tuned for further updates.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
Mar 23, 2007
Wisconsin
damn, I dont understand why I cant opern DXD's website. Does it work only in America or something like that?
You're not really missing much. All that's there is a character bio page, a gallery of images from the show and a few clips (all from season one).

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Apr 23, 2001
Toonzone
A new press release from Sony Pictures Television promoting the second season premiere of The Spectacular Spider-Man has been made available to Marvel Animation Age. Click here or on the image below to check out the new press release and schedule update.
Disney XD will premiere the second season of The Spectacular Spider-Man with two back-to-back episodes on Monday, June 22nd, 2009 with the episode "Blueprints" airing at 7:00pm (ET/PT) followed by "Destructive Testing" at 7:30pm (ET/PT). Please note that either myself or Stu will have the talkbacks for the second season premiere of The Spectacular Spider-Man posted on the appropriate day, June 22nd, 2009, as well as further episodes.

Stay tuned for for further updates, including our "fan-submitted Q & A" with Greg Weisman scheduled for tomorrow!

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Apr 23, 2001
Toonzone
To continue celebrating the The Spectacular Spider-Man second season premiere on Disney XD, Marvel Animation Age caught up with The Spectacular Spider-Man supervising producer/story editor Greg Weisman to ask questions provided by the fans. Click on the image below to check out the interview. Please note this interview may contain spoilers.

Stay tuned for for further updates.

Azrayel

May 27, 2009
America
Intresting interview.

do any of you think in a later season (if we get passed season 2) they will put Anti Venom into the this? I'd like to see Venom and Anti Venom battle it out also with Carnage into the mix?

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Apr 23, 2001
Toonzone
Want "The Spectacular Spider-Man" Season Three? Watch Season Two On Disney XD!

Want a third season of The Spectacular Spider-Man? If so, then please tune into the second season of The Spectacular Spider-Man premiere tonight on DisneyXD, and make sure to tune into every new episode after that. Want a season three? Then watch season two on Disney XD. Simply as that.

Disney XD will premiere the second season of The Spectacular Spider-Man with two back-to-back episodes tonight, June 22nd, 2009 with the episode "Blueprints" airing at 7:00pm (ET/PT) followed by "Destructive Testing" at 7:30pm (ET/PT).

Stay tuned for further updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The Teen Titans Go vs. Teen Titans trailer didn’t show Bumblebee, making me think either her stay on the Titans is temporary or i’m overthinking everything.
I wonder what Eddie Fitzgerald's up to...
Finally going to get to watch Shazam today! Can't wait :).

I found this interesting tweet thread from Jenny Calabro that definitely speaks volumes.