"The Spectacular Spider-Man" News & Discussion Thread, Part 10 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider-Man

Sorry to bump this thread up but I just saw the poster for the first time and like what was said above seeing it does make me miss the show. I tend watch the series once or twice a year and its still strong and holds up. The only thing really dated about it is some tech stuff like phones but everything else is gold. That goes to show both the strength of the show and the material it is adapting and how timeless it is. While the ending does an alright job of being a conclusion they definitely didnt plan it to be and you can tell the create team were gearing up to tell more. It's a shame that it just all fell at the wrong time. Spider-Man sure has had some shows just fall through the cracks over the years. I can't wait to listen to that 10th anniversary panel too.

bigdaddy313

I enjoyed it. I usually go for videos like this. The fans' rendition of the theme song was great and I kind of wish the trailer was a scosh longer.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I like the way it shows how the team involved cared about the plot and characters arcs which in turn it's why fans loved it, which is what we get from the MCU.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
With the X-Men and Wolverine anime series going up on Netflix, I wonder if any more of the shows Sony has like Spectacular, MTV Spidey or the other anime might eventually go up. I don't remember Spectacular ever being on Netflix.

e13afcc3a1d2676b25c74c2687669753.jpg
2cc00b089d65bb771617b66e9ea36a05.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

JoeMabbon

Dreadful Child
df5921d6ec822360da4d65236f06180d.jpg

5010268c0fababb3374e6f7defa7458f.jpg

With the X-Men and Wolverine anime series going up on Netflix, I wonder if any more of the shows Sony has like Spectacular, MTV Spidey or the other anime might eventually go up. I don't remember Spectacular ever being on Netflix.

It was, I remember because it was the first thing I watched when we got it back in 2012 I want to say.

the greenman

Sony just need to get going on their streaming service. I will repeat this until they get going on it. Yes I know about Crackle, but they need a better service. Right now I bet they're making so much on renting out Ghostbusters, MIB, Spider-man films and Seinfeld.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Webbed-Wonder

Still thwipping!
Wouldn't it be nice if they put Spectacular on Netflix and it did Young Justice numbers and they were able to work something out to bring it back for Netflix?

I was hoping Sony might make a deal with Disney to get all their Marvel shows on Disney Plus but it doesn't look like that's happening any time soon.

Frontier

Staff member

e13afcc3a1d2676b25c74c2687669753.jpg
2cc00b089d65bb771617b66e9ea36a05.jpg

Man, the Marvel anime's. Those were a thing :p.

I think Spectacular would be a perfect fit for Netflix :).

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Wouldn't it be nice if they put Spectacular on Netflix and it did Young Justice numbers and they were able to work something out to bring it back for Netflix?

I was hoping Sony might make a deal with Disney to get all their Marvel shows on Disney Plus but it doesn't look like that's happening any time soon.
I was hoping something like that was happening when they took all the Marvel stuff off of Crackle at the same time but I think everybody can work with Netflix, too.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image

That and Weisman is busy doing Young Justice.

KRendEL

Guys - the second attempt on Twitter is about to begin, with the hope of somehow getting a chance to continue! The first time it turned out well, sometimes even fell into the trends for 2-3 hours. You just need to insert a hashtag on Twitter - #SaveSpectacularSpiderMan

This option is somehow better than petitions.

EtetO_4WQAArcC8.jpeg

KRendEL

It's a commendable ambition and I would love it to return but Weisman said the show isn't coming back:

I've heard about it. But on the other hand, who knows? When rumors surfaced in 2016 that there would be a sequel to Invader Zim, creator Jhonen Vasquez also denied that there would be one. And after only a few months, it turned out to be true.

In early 2015, Sony itself denied rumors that there would be a contract with Disney/Marvel at all.

Miracles happen sometimes.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
It doesn't seem to me that Greg Weisman - or anyone else involved in the business - are denying there will be a Spectacular Spider-Man continuation just to hide something is really in the works, but rather explaining the reasons why one is very, very unlikely to ever happen. I'd love to see more of the show but I doubt any petition or online event such as this would solve any of the rights issues preventing the show from continuing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts