"The Spectacular Spider-Man" News & Discussion Thread, Part 10 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stu

Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Wonderwall said:
Sure that sounds like a good idea. Don't think anyone has touched those threads in a good long while either.

It will be nice to see how people think the show has held up. Hard to believe the show premiered 5 years ago, I remember waiting for it like it was yesterday.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Marvel Animation Age recently caught up with The Spectacular Spider-Man Producers Greg Weisman and Victor Cook to discuss the fan-favorite 2008 animated series and it's return to television. Both producers look back at the series and its sustained popularity among fans of the famed Marvel character. All 26 episodes of The Spectacular Spider-Man will be re-aired on TheCW programming block Vortexx starting August 17th, 2013. at 9:00am (ET/PT). To check out both all-new interviews with Cook and Weisman, please click on the images below.

King_of_doom

kiva fan
Greg knew well while making SSM was not the intention of having Spider-man with a team unlike other show we already know.......we saw how that turned out....

I did like his explanation if Marvel characters are in the same universe as SSM especially with Captain America. Wow, if you think about it with EMH's episode "Along Came a Spider" would have made an awesome nod between SSM and EMH not to mention if Josh Keaton would have done the voice.

Sonic_Eclipse

Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!
Wow, if you think about it with EMH's episode "Along Came a Spider" would have made an awesome nod between SSM and EMH not to mention if Josh Keaton would have done the voice.

Well he did, they just dubbed over it with Drake Bell's voice. But you probably already knew that.

I believe the episode aired in other countries with Josh's voice still intact though.

Dsneybuf

In "New Avengers", after Spidey calls, "Avengers, assemble!", and Thing comments, "That coulda gone better," does anyone else here ever think, "It would have gone better if you kept Josh Keaton!" I know some people already made similar remarks about Quartermain asking Spidey, "What's wrong with your voice?"

Sonic_Eclipse

Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!
Where did you hear that? Do you have anymore specific info?
If you're referring to Keaton's voice still being intact, unless I'm confusing it with something else entirely I could swear I read it here on this very forum.

I know it was either on Facebook or Twitter where Josh had stated he was disappointed that his voice was dubbed over in AEMH.

Spider-Man

Does anyone know if this show will be coming back to Teletoon any time soon? It would be nice if it was brought back thanks to the new movie. I have been watching the HD streaming on the Vortexx website and the show looks amazing in just 720p. I can't wait to see it in 1080p on Blu-ray.

Dsneybuf

Well he did, they just dubbed over it with Drake Bell's voice. But you probably already knew that.

I believe the episode aired in other countries with Josh's voice still intact though.
I asked this before (and not just here), but could someone who owns an Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes DVD or Blu-Ray with Spider-Man's guest spots please confirm or deny if pushing the "audio" button on the remote changes his voice to that of Josh Keaton? I'll start by confirming that Entertainment One's season two Blu-Ray (the one I imported from Canada) doesn't have this option.

If none of the home video releases to date have this option, could someone please explain to my why on Earth Jeph Loeb didn't fire Keaton early if he was never going to use that audio here?

Aaron

I love this show! LOVE it! It's easily the best Spider-Man show out there. And quite possibly the best Marvel show as well. Close competition for A:EMH.
I pre-ordered my copy of the complete series on blu-ray earlier! So excited.
Speaking of Marvel and blu-rays... and A:EMH... was THAT show ever released on blu-ray? As a complete series?

King_of_doom

kiva fan
I love this show! LOVE it! It's easily the best Spider-Man show out there. And quite possibly the best Marvel show as well. Close competition for A:EMH.
I pre-ordered my copy of the complete series on blu-ray earlier! So excited.
Speaking of Marvel and blu-rays... and A:EMH... was THAT show ever released on blu-ray? As a complete series?

Not really, the closest you get for a complete series is the Australia version where they have the complete season 1 and 2, here we have most of them in volumes. Hope with the upcoming Avengers movie they will consider releasing a Blu-Ray version of EMH.

Dsneybuf

Canada and the UK also got complete season sets. The former had them on Blu-Ray, while the latter only received them on DVD. Regarding the possibility of American Blu-Ray releases, I'd hope for the sake of fans who don't already own this show on home video that not only would it come true, but that the season two discs would play the episodes in chronological order.
(Among all the home video releases I've read about this show having all around the world, America's DVDs seem like the only ones that arranged the episodes out of order. :mad:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Spider-Man

Just a heads up - I just checked the Amazon price listing for The Spectacular Spider-Man and it is now at $29.99! That's a great price! How many people have pre-ordered this Blu-ray?

King_of_doom

kiva fan
Man that would have been great! Seems like he was aiming for the Lizard story in Florida and fit well because of Spring Break. Greg had planned everything which sadly don't see that happening now....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.

Featured Posts