"The Spectacular Spider-Man" News & Discussion Thread, Part 10 (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

W.C.Reaf

Jan 9, 2007
Ratings
UK
Maybe. But even if they could they clearly don't want to make animated Spider-Man movies. If they did want to it makes no business sense for them to do so for a series that's been off the air for 5 years. I wish things were different and that we could just go back to the series from where it was left off. But that's not going to happen.

Pepperidge

Jan 30, 2003
British Columbia
www.zannen.ca
If you haven't checked it out yet, the first episode of a new podcast called Spectacular Radio has launched. There will be monthly instalments of the series, one for each episode of The Spectacular Spider-Man, and Greg Weisman will be appearing in all of them. You can listen to it here. It's also available now on iTunes.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,808 47
Sherman Oaks CA
It's nice to see in more detail how Greg had a set plan for what the series would eventually cover, and how they would be covered :).

Though I wonder if it would even have been possible for Spectacular to have gotten all those movies?

KCJ506

Feb 25, 2005
Ratings
If this show hadn't been cancelled, I say it would have really given Batman TAS a run for it's money. It would have been the first to have a proper adaptation of "The Night Gwen Stacy Died"

And it still pisses me off how Roderick Kingsley finally makes an animated appearance and the show gets cancelled before he becomes Hobgoblin.

May 23, 2005
Ratings
If this show hadn't been cancelled, I say it would have really given Batman TAS a run for it's money. It would have been the first to have a proper adaptation of "The Night Gwen Stacy Died"

And it still pisses me off how Roderick Kingsley finally makes an animated appearance and the show gets cancelled before he becomes Hobgoblin.
In a way i feel it would have been difficult of adapting "The Night Gwen Stacy Died" even if was on DTV they should explained on the series of the events of the DTV unless they find a suitable way to kill Gwen without going too far, they already used the Green Goblin being dead and we know Norman's going to Europe.

Aside of the Hobgoblin was also expecting the appearance of the Scorpion and if it was possible the Jackal, i believe with another DTV would have done the Clone Saga.

Aaron

Jun 30, 2010
Ratings
Columbia, SC
Well the disc art gives me Spider-Man and his symbiote suit. So I'm happy. I pre-ordered mine so it should be arriving today. Can't wait to marathon through this show again.

Spideyzilla

Staff member
Jul 23, 2008
Ratings
741 2
Canada
Same cover as the first season and the same features? So it's basically just the first season release with the second season tacked onto it. Would have like better, but I'm certainly not complaining, so glad to be getting this!

Sketch

not like those other old guys
Feb 26, 2002
Ratings
Washington
The material of the cover is neat but would it have killed them to commission Cheeks to design the cover and/or the disc art?

Well, what is on the discs is what counts.

I have been pretty pleased watching the DVDs upscaled on my PS3 but the fact that it comes with a coupon for up to 10 dollars off a ticket to TASM2 may have convinced me to save money on going to see a movie I'm "iffy" on to support a TV series I love. I'm rather strapped for cash but I may be able to buy this if I find it for a reasonable price.

Nov 11, 2006
Ratings
452 1
UK
So apparently there were plans for a Spectacular Spider-Man soundtrack, but it was scrapped when the show was cancelled. Weisman said he'd contact the DMP about it... maybe LaLaLand would be interested in starting the project up again (if it's even possible at this point).
I hope this will still happen eventually. "Opening Night", "Shear Strength", "Blueprints", "Nature vs. Nurture", "Intervention" and "Survival of the Fittest" all had great scores that I would like to own.

Yesterday I was thinking about what they might have done with Black Cat had the show continued, and I realised that if they were to introduce Scarlet Spider/Ben Reilly (say in season 4), perhaps she would have had a relationship with him as a way of furthering the uneasiness between herself and Spidey. After all, they based the Felicia and Walter Hardy twist in the show on the character of Jessica Carradine in the comics, who had a relationship with Ben Reilly...

Nov 18, 2007
Ratings
Hey everyone. I hope it's not in bad taste to bring back this thread to admire the 10th anniversary to the best Spider-Man TV series ever made.

HAPPY 10 YEARS ANNIVERSARY SPECTACULAR

I'd sincerely like to thank everyone who worked on it

Josh Keaton is the only voice actor to voice the hero, the best friend, and the archenemy. This accomplishment deserves mention.

jaylop97

Staff member
Oct 5, 2014
Ratings
5,349 36
Austin, Texas
I remember watching the show first in 2009 then in 2014. I liked this show it had a good teenage sensation in it and for the most part I think that It was pretty fluid in its story telling. There were some good stories in there, and the animation was okay it could have been better with the designs but yeah the colors and backgrounds were still good nonetheless.