The Replacements

Dynamite Soldier

enhanced-buzz-27614-1406143411-23.jpg

Does anyone here remember The Replacements? It ran on Disney Channel from 2006 to 2009 and lasted only 2 seasons.

I thought this show was pretty solid. It started out a bit bland with cliched plots, but by the second season it went from an okay cartoon to a good cartoon. The show's concept was very interesting and the character designs were unique. I also find the theme song catchy. It's probably my 2nd favorite (pre-Phineas and Ferb) Disney Channel cartoon (the 1st being Kim Possible). I also used to watch it constantly when I was younger, but now that it doesn't air on Disney Channel anymore, I've been re-watching some episodes on kisscartoon recently. While The Replacements wasn't the best Disney cartoon ever made, I thought it was a decent cartoon that aged pretty well (especially the second season).

Any thoughts on this show?

NeoplanDan

Occasionally Active
enhanced-buzz-27614-1406143411-23.jpg

Does anyone here remember The Replacements? It ran on Disney Channel from 2006 to 2009 and lasted only 2 seasons.

I thought this show was pretty solid. It started out a bit bland with cliched plots, but by the second season it went from an okay cartoon to a good cartoon. The show's concept was very interesting and the character designs were unique. I also find the theme song catchy. It's probably my 2nd favorite (pre-Phineas and Ferb) Disney Channel cartoon (the 1st being Kim Possible). I also used to watch it constantly when I was younger, but now that it doesn't air on Disney Channel anymore, I've been re-watching some episodes on kisscartoon recently. While The Replacements wasn't the best Disney cartoon ever made, I thought it was a decent cartoon that aged pretty well (especially the second season).

Any thoughts on this show?

All I remember from this show that I watched it when it aired on ABC kids at that time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
I remember it - and it was pretty damn unremarkable and difficult to sit through for me in every sense...
I admit it had a good art style. Too bad what really matters most to me - concept, stories, writing in general - all a huge letdown or (at best) mediocre as hell for me.

Last edited:

ToonJay723

Staff member
I remember liking it, though I'm more familiar with the first season, since I don't think they aired the second season at a normal time.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I remember liking it, though I'm more familiar with the first season, since I don't think they aired the second season at a normal time.
The 2nd season originally at 2:30pm on Mondays before switching to a 5:00pm timeslot. You should check out season 2 if you can since the show really grew the beard then.

jaylop97

Staff member
I only remembered watching it on the Saturday block in ABC, but not much else since I only watched a few episodes.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I remember the series. The first season was decent. It was pretty formulaic, but it was okay and had a fairly interesting premise. The second season was definitely an improvement with the writing and characters. It tried to do more unique takes on the formula and I believe the episodes were longer too. It still wouldn't rank too high among other Disney Channel cartoon series, but it was pretty enjoyable.

Dudley

Staff member
It was alright. Not a favorite, but was funny enough from what I've seen. Wish I could've seen the series finale. Heard it had a really happy ending.

I still can't believe the show got away with a handicapped being a jerk. I forgot the episode's name, but it sure was interesting to watch.

The Proud Family did that too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts