The reboot I actually want from CN is Courage the Cowardly Dog

Latest News & Videos

JonRed777

Jul 25, 2016
Just looking at the front page of this forum, I know some are against the idea of reboots. I do think though that Courage the Cowardly Dog was such a fantastic cartoon and it needs to be revived for a whole new generation. The whole supernatural/sci-fi elements of the show were done so well, so even if it can't recapture the humor of the first show I think its definitely worth rebooting for the plethora of interesting monsters and the weird happenings that would constantly take place. I could only see it becoming better in that area with today's animation.

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
Nov 1, 2013
Im sorry but there is no reason for a reboot, there are no interpretations or need for a continuation

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

JonRed777

Jul 25, 2016
Im sorry but there is no reason for a reboot, there are no interpretations or need for a continuation

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk
No reason? The reason for any reboot is to continue making money off an intellectual property, which I think Courage can still do given that it is one of CN's most beloved series of yesterday. We're also in an era that is in love with nostalgia, so bringing back another great toon like Courage would get a lot of people coming back to check it out.

Well, there was The Fog of Courage, but I think that this show doesn't need a reboot.
I can see it getting a continuation (especially if they try that CG style). But a reboot feels unnecessary.
When I say "reboot", I simply mean for them to bring it back. The chances of it being exactly the same as how it was when it ended is slim to none, I mean many years have passed and they have to make an effort to give it appeal to today's kids.

It could very well be a continuation like the Power Puff Girls, which I believe is also being called a reboot despite that. Basically, with old CN shows being revived or brought back, they might as well be deemed "reboots" since they must be entirely reintroduced to a new generation and they will inherently be made with some differences due to the years that have passed.

And no, I don't think any CN original should be brought back as CGI honestly

Last edited by a moderator:

jaylop97

Staff member
Oct 5, 2014
Austin, Texas
=
When I say "reboot", I simply mean for them to bring it back. The chances of it being exactly the same as how it was when it ended is slim to none, I mean many years have passed and they have to make an effort to give it appeal to today's kids.

It could very well be a continuation like the Power Puff Girls, which I believe is also being called a reboot despite that. Basically, with old CN shows being revived or brought back, they might as well be deemed "reboots" since they must be entirely reintroduced to a new generation and they will inherently be made with some differences due to the years that have passed.

And no, I don't think any CN original should be brought back as CGI honestly
Most of the time a show returns as a genie wish. it returns, with a negative attribute, nothing will ever return as how it left, because time has changed and so have the people who made the show. It would be cool to see a show return as how it left off but in most cases there has never been a time that a show has returned with so many improvements on CN, likewise it is just better to let the show rest in peace, rather than returning it with a vengeance.

JonRed777

Jul 25, 2016
=

Most of the time a show returns as a genie wish. it returns, with a negative attribute, nothing will ever return as how it left, because time has changed and so have the people who made the show. It would be cool to see a show return as how it left off but in most cases there has never been a time that a show has returned with so many improvements on CN, likewise it is just better to let the show rest in peace, rather than returning it with a vengeance.
It's that kind of mentality that makes these reboots a lot worse than what they are. These shows are brought back mainly to reintroduce them to a new generation, that is without a doubt the biggest goal when revisiting an IP. Next in mind is to make it where fans can appreciate the return and enjoy it, but many times that fails with the diehards no matter what.

The PPG is a good example really and what makes me want something similar done for Courage. I was always indifferent to the PPGs, I didn't dislike or like the show and I feel the same about the reboot. To me, I can tell there are big differences from the original, but I can also tell it is really mindful of the fans of the old series. No reboot will ever recreate or recapture the magic of the original in terms of cartoons, but they can still be enjoyable in their own ways. I just think people need to have more of an open mind with reboots and accept that they will be different rather than damn them for not being exactly like they were before.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Belgium
It's that kind of mentality that makes these reboots a lot worse than what they are. These shows are brought back mainly to reintroduce them to a new generation, that is without a doubt the biggest goal when revisiting an IP. Next in mind is to make it where fans can appreciate the return and enjoy it, but many times that fails with the diehards no matter what.

The PPG is a good example really and what makes me want something similar done for Courage. I was always indifferent to the PPGs, I didn't dislike or like the show and I feel the same about the reboot. To me, I can tell there are big differences from the original, but I can also tell it is really mindful of the fans of the old series. No reboot will ever recreate or recapture the magic of the original in terms of cartoons, but they can still be enjoyable in their own ways. I just think people need to have more of an open mind with reboots and accept that they will be different rather than damn them for not being exactly like they were before.
The new PPGs are just really mean to each other sometimes. I think that's why many don't like it.

I personally liked the original Scooby Doo Where Are You, but I like SD Mystery Inc even more because it's so different and fun, yet I still recognize the original characters in it.

Same thing with Batman TAS and The Batman. I like both. The creators of The Batman wanted more detective work, more gadgets and more scary things, and that's what they did. Their version of The Penguin sucked, and their version of the Joker was something to get used to, but overall it was a good show.

I can't say the same about PPG2016. I don't recognize the original characters. I am fine with them trying something new, I don't want it to be exactly like the 90s series, but then at least DO something original! Don't make me bore to death. Don't make 11 minutes look like an hour.

Reactions: Zanneck

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA!
Sep 26, 2011
Neo Arcadia, USA
The original creator wants to be involved, so no, it wouldn't be like TTY or PPG 2016.
Why do I fear that's exactly why plans to make this were scrapped??? UGH - I might have accepted this, had this been allowed to be blessed by the true creator. Too bad we'd still need most (if not all) the original staff to be on board as well - otherwise, no. Just no.