The Raccoons (2019 reboot)

Ryan

Well known for talking about Canada.
RAC_Line_Up.jpg

Get ready to return to the Evergreen Forest! The 1980s worldwide hit, The Raccoons, is back and destined to attract a brand new fan base while hitting the happy nostalgia button of the original audience. And the familiar faces are back! Led by the enthusiastic, adventure-seeking Bert Raccoon, join aardvark best-friend Cedric and racoon pals Ralph and Melissa as they navigate Bert’s carefree attitude, all the while staying on-top of the scheming tycoon, aardvark business man, Cyril Sneer.

The revived series will be produced by Ottawa's Big Jump Entertainment. It will be distributed by Jetpack Distribution. It's in development, and it set to air next year.

ShadowBlinky

Wow. I didn't see that coming at all. Good for them. Hope they'll still have awesome songs.

Dudley

Staff member
I’ve heard rumors about this coming back. I remember watching this show but barely anything on what it was actually about.
Absolutely LOVE the show’s ending song, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeMabbon

Dreadful Child
I only know of the original from “Worst Cartoon Ever!” lists. The clips looked really bad.

Mandouga

This was...unexpected, especially since the original show is not currently available on DVD (that I know of). Also, I'm not one to judge a book by its cover, but a design style like that has been known to indicate a show that's mainly a comedy. I don't know that much about the original show, but I do know that the original wasn't just a comedy. I'm just saying, but I'm hoping this will be "The Raccoons", and not "My Little Raccoons: Friendship is Magic".

Also, here's some random trivia: the "Evergreen Forest" is also a location on Planet Eternia in (He-Man and the) Masters of the Universe, which predates the original Raccoons series.

zoombie

Everything is getting a reboot, the question is what is not getting a reboot.

Radical

Banned
The Raccoons getting a reboot, awesome, it's got great new character designs, The Raccoons was my favorite great classic cartoon in my childhood years, both Burt/Ralph/Melissa, Schaeffer, Cedric, Sophia, Cyril Sneer, and The Three Pigs were great classic characters, while both Melissa Raccoon, Sophia, and Lisa Raccoon were my favorite best cute classic female characters and my crushes, and the songs/ending song were so awesome/catchy:D.I'll enjoy The Raccoons reboot, my next favorite best classic cartoon reboot.

Last edited:

cheril59

Would like to see if CBC (The network of the original series aired) and Radio-Canada to pick it up soon. That is just my guess.
And I'd like to see Disney Channel pick this up in the U.S.A., (ALSO like the original)

FARSTRIDER

Compared to the reboots weve had lately like for example cgi garfield & the gardian code this feels more keeping true to the original

zoombie

Might I add an suggestion, how about a business rival for Cyril. Someone to be the Cogswell to Cyril's Spacely, whenever they want to make Cyril more sympathetic, give us someone worse.

The Overlord

Might I add an suggestion, how about a business rival for Cyril. Someone to be the Cogswell to Cyril's Spacely, whenever they want to make Cyril more sympathetic, give us someone worse.

I think Cyril did have 2 business rivals back in the original show, an alligator named Knox and an eagle named Milton Midas. Knox was not that bad, but Midas became the most unsympathetic villain in the show, doing stuff like dumping toxic waste in public ponds.

stephane dumas

I think Cyril did have 2 business rivals back in the original show, an alligator named Knox and an eagle named Milton Midas. Knox was not that bad, but Midas became the most unsympathetic villain in the show, doing stuff like dumping toxic waste in public ponds.

There was also another rivla named Mammoth who appeared less often in the last seasons of the Raccoons. If the original series had got 2 or 3 more seasons, we could wonder if Milton Midas would had been a more important character?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts