Staff member
You'll never see him coming.

ThePredatorMoviePoster.jpg
View attachment 200141
Release Date: September 14, 2018
Studio: 20th Century Fox, Davis Entertainment, TSG Entertainment
Writers: Fred Dekker and Shane Black
Director: Shane Black
Starring: Boyd Holbrook, Trevante Rhodes, Jacob Tremblay, Keegan-Michael Key, Olivia Munn, Sterling K. Brown, Thomas Jane, Alfie Allen, Augusto Aguilera, Jake Busey, Yvonne Strahovski, Brian A. Prince, Brian Prince, Mike Dopud, Niall Matter
Rated R for strong bloody violence, language throughout, and crude sexual references
Runtime: 107 Minutes

Plot Summary: From the outer reaches of space to the small-town streets of suburbia, the hunt comes home. Now, the universe's most lethal hunters are stronger, smarter and deadlier than ever before, having genetically upgraded themselves with DNA from other species. When a young boy accidentally triggers their return to Earth, only a ragtag crew of ex-soldiers and a disgruntled science teacher can prevent the end of the human race.

Related Threads:
Predator (1987)
Predator 2 (1997)
Alien Vs. Predator (2004)
AVP: Requiem (2004)
Predators (2010)
News Thread

COMMENTS?

Pooky

Staff member
Only ever found the previous Predator films OK, but quite like the mythology (threadbare as it is) and I'm a fan of Shane Black as a writer so I was looking forward to this. Sadly it was disappointing. Not awful but never exceptional and largely uninspired. Surprisingly similar in feel to the maligned AvP films. I'd be interested in seeing the pre-reshoots rough cut if it ever turns up; that's about the most positive thing I can say.

EwokHolocaust

This movie was not great. It was enjoyable until the death of the Fugitive Predator and then went downhill fast. The lore additions like Mega Predators, Predator dogs, DNA upgrading, spine extracting and a Predator Civil War was quite ludicrous. The less said about the Predator Killer, the better. It could have probably been worse though, they wanted to use Ripley and Newt from the Alien series at one point.

I just hope they didn't kill off the Predator franchise, maybe they can make another movie under Disney in some years. They should just go back in the Predator timeline and try a movie with pirates for example.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
This movie was not great. It was enjoyable until the death of the Fugitive Predator and then went downhill fast. The lore additions like Mega Predators, Predator dogs, DNA upgrading, spine extracting and a Predator Civil War was quite ludicrous. The less said about the Predator Killer, the better. It could have probably been worse though, they wanted to use Ripley and Newt from the Alien series at one point.

I just hope they didn't kill off the Predator franchise, maybe they can make another movie under Disney in some years. They should just go back in the Predator timeline and try a movie with pirates for example.
Disney did confirm recently at Cinemacon that future Alien and Predator films are in development.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts