"The Powerpuff Girls" land on Boomerang

Silverstar

Adorable Li'l Monster
Just saw a promo on Thanksgiving night; The Powerpuff Girls will be moving to Boomerang starting December 15th.

Comments?

veemonjosh

Stone free, do what I please
...Does this screw up any chance of CN letting it have a permanent spot after the 10th anniversary marathon?

Steve Carras

SUGAR RUSH!!!!
It would mean though, knocking Huckleberry Hound and those others off, not that everybpody recives boomerang, but more folks are..not trying to start a flame war (I didn't go to Dragon school! :D). (I've wondered if late 50s-60s HB showings even on Boomerang not being anymore is ANYTHING related to the much mentioned music rights, the same music attacked for its music strike era alignment with those Huck era 1958 Warner shorts. PPG has no such problems due to custom made scores...)

Obviously now since it's been at least 15 years since the 1990s, anything since mid ealry 1980s can be possible on there.

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
I know that there will come the inevitable complaints from fans that Powerpuff Girls is "too new" to be airing on Boomerang, but the way that I see it, if Cartoon Network isn't interested in showing PPG anymore, and we're still waiting for volume 2 of the PPG DVD set, a run on Boomerang is better than not showing PPG at all.

Racattack!Force

私は、ああ、くそっバットマンなんだよ !
I know that there will come the inevitable complaints from fans that Powerpuff Girls is "too new" to be airing on Boomerang, but the way that I see it, if Cartoon Network isn't interested in showing PPG anymore, and we're still waiting for volume 2 of the PPG DVD set, a run on Boomerang is better than not showing PPG at all.
*cough*CompletePPGseriesset*cough*

Taco Wiz

The Loyal Order of Stupids
I've never been able to afford Boomerang. I wish it came on basic cable. As for PPG, I'm getting the DVD set. So I don't care about what happens to this show rerun-wise.

Shiloh Otter

Marion Hawthorne liker
Whoops! OK, then, so PPG airing on Boomerang will be good for those too cheap to purchase the DVDs.

I'll personally still be getting the DVD set, but it's still nice to see it airing again somewhere.

Racattack!Force

私は、ああ、くそっバットマンなんだよ !
Well, I'm one of those cheap guys who can't shell out the money for the DVD, so I'm thanksful that Boomerang is airing this.

Zen Man

Kinda ironic how just a few years ago PPG was one of the darlings of CN and has now been more or less castoff by the network.

DarthGonzo

Fourteen Years!
Kinda ironic how just a few years ago PPG was one of the darlings of CN and has now been more or less castoff by the network.

How is that ironic?

It was popular and now it's not. I think we should consider ourselves lucky that not only will the show being airing on Boomerang it's also going to be released in a full series set.

Zen Man

How is that ironic?

It was popular and now it's not. I think we should consider ourselves lucky that not only will the show being airing on Boomerang it's also going to be released in a full series set.

Oh I understand its just kinda weird in a way. But Cartoon Network as well as other networks always do this. No big deal.

Leviathan

"It's against nature!"
Staff member
Well also the PPG still is CN's biggest homegrown merchandising hit. Nick's had several (Rugrats, Blues Clues, Dora the Explorer, The Backyardigans and most especially Spongebob) that were/remain immensely popular for years on end.

PPG was popular for a couple of years and then imploded from the lack of momentum (the utter bombing the movie didn't help) and CN has yet to field an original series that's as much of a merchandising powerhouse as PPG.

It's inevitable (If you look at Disney Channel now, it's like Hillary Duff and Lizzie McGuire never existed, let alone were Disney's big draw cards)

Tobias

Who you gonna call?
The PPG movie bombing was mainly due to how it was promoted:

1: It was promoted as strictly a *girl's* movie. I remember virtually every ad had the 'That's what girl's do' song playing.

2: It opened against Lilo & Stitch. That was a huge error in itself, but the biggest mistake of all:

3: The film was prohibited from playing after 6 p.m. for some... odd reason. Every theater it played only gave it matinee screenings, not even when it went to the second and third tier theaters. That cut a major part of it's gross right there.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts