The Owl House News And Discussion Thread

Radiant97

Uploaded Intelligence
Synopses for the July episodes:

Saturday, July 11
“Sense and Insensitivity”

When King becomes a bestselling author, he learns a valuable lesson in reading the fine print.

Saturday, July 18
“Adventures in the Elements”

Luz needs to learn a new spell, so Eda takes her to the most magical place on the island to train.

Saturday, July 25
“The First Day”

During Luz’s first day of Magic School, curiosity gets the best of her, and she finds herself thrown into the Delinquent Track, where she’s not allowed to learn magic.

Last edited:

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Episode descriptions for the July episodes:

Saturday, July 11
“Sense and Insensitivity”

When King becomes a bestselling author, he learns a valuable lesson in reading the fine print.

Saturday, July 18
“Adventures in the Elements”

Luz needs to learn a new spell, so Eda takes her to the most magical place on the island to train.

Saturday, July 25
“The First Day”

During Luz’s first day of Magic School, curiosity gets the best of her, and she finds herself thrown into the Delinquent Track, where she’s not allowed to learn magic.

Only the second one is any sort of promising, sadly. The third one only succeeds in confirming my fears about what type of show this is at risk of devolving into. Just another show about kids going to school that thinks it's all cute & funny & crap like that, but the truth is clearly otherwise, honestly...

I'll just go into that one with low expectations and call it a weekend.

Last edited:

Rhaynebow

Golly, they’d better be building up to Luz saying “screw magic school” because I don’t know how many times I can deal with her not being able to learn magic at that darn school.

Also, maybe it’s just me, but I’m kinda hoping this show doesn’t go too hard in the lore. I know this thread is deadset on not wanting this show to be demon school hijinx, I’m in that club too, but I also don’t want this to be a show where Youtubers are making long-winded theory videos and people are arguing about which character deserves to be redeemed and which character is absolute scum and whoever disagrees is also scum. It sets up huge expectations for the show to the point where there will always be someone who will be upset with anything the writers do. Some folks are labeling this show “the next Steven Universe” and one peek at that fandom will tell you that may not be a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zanneck

Golly, they’d better be building up to Luz saying “screw magic school” because I don’t know how many times I can deal with her not being able to learn magic at that darn school.

Also, maybe it’s just me, but I’m kinda hoping this show doesn’t go too hard in the lore. I know this thread is deadset on not wanting this show to be demon school hijinx, I’m in that club too, but I also don’t want this to be a show where Youtubers are making long-winded theory videos and people are arguing about which character deserves to be redeemed and which character is absolute scum and whoever disagrees is also scum. It sets up huge expectations for the show to the point where there will always be someone who will be upset with anything the writers do. Some folks are labeling this show “the next Steven Universe” and one peek at that fandom will tell you that may not be a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amen, soldier. AMEN. I want this show to be better than that silly space rock show, honestly... But with these synopses we've gotten, it's hard to have faith in that happening, at least IMHO.

Also, as someone who prefers actually good storytelling being in front of us at all possible times over lore in general that doesn't add much to the main proceedings happening in front of us - aka SOMETHING AMPHIBIA GETS ABSOLUTELY RIGHT (IMHO), The Owl House has much work to do to avoid being all speculation and no actual substance truly worth something after awhile.

doomrider7

That One Guy
At this point I have ZERO expectations. We've already seen "Adventures in the Elements" so we know that's good, " Sense and Insensitivity" sounds too much like the usual "learns lesson to not let fame go to your head" or "contract gets you suckered into hard labor" episode for me to be that interested in it, but "The First Day" sounds at least a bit promising.

JTZ

It can still turn out to be a fun episode, but my problem with this show is how on the nose it is with its messages. You can already tell from the promo the lesson will be "We should have worked together instead of competing with each other" or something along this. It's totally okay to have a message like this, but they don't need to shout at the viewers like this.

Zanneck

I thought the clip was decent. I hope the rest of the episode is, too.

I'll admit to someone this much: if I had a bad feeling, it's how predictable the episode might turn out, rather than how entertaining it'll hopefully be, instead. I'll aim to be optimistic, regardless - I need to know this show can rise above such predictability to really make itself jump in a real way, however.

Either way, thanks for keeping me honest. That helps me out immensely.

Last edited:

RainbowCupcake

I don't really FEEL like it
Staff member
The music in that sneak peak sounded exactly like the music for the Gravity Falls season 2 Comic Con trailers. The rest of the season looks promising, but only time will tell if the show lives up to those expectations.

JTZ

Looks like we might get some interesting twists and revelations, alongside more shipping fuel and a Quidditch rip-off.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.

Featured Posts