The Official "X-Men 3" Movie News & Rumors Thread (Possible Spoilers), Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Penguin

Mod of Fowl Play
Staff member
Cloud5543 said:
Is it me or does he look like a power ranger in this clip?
Well the shark is what was on his lighter in X2 and I'm assuming that those gauntlets now act as a lighter to make fire easier to get at so he can actually fight with it. I'm very interested to see how the impressionable Pyro has taken to Magneto in this movie.

solarflere

Zak Penn has confirmed that Ratner made a mistake and Omega Red will not be in the movie, the character Ratner said will play Omega Red is only a stunt man. And Penn also confirmed that the Sentinel will only be in the Danger Room.:shrug:

ManicWebb

You were cold as ice...
I know I'm in some kind of strange minority, here, but I never wanted to see sentinels in this movie. It seems like most fans would've been happy to see the sentinels tacked on to the end of the movie, and that just doesn't make sense to me.

jlaking

Brainiac is someplace
If anyone care, there was an early review of X3 on this weekend's Ebert & Roeper and they both gave it 'Thumbs up'.

solarflere

jlaking said:
If anyone care, there was an early review of X3 on this weekend's Ebert & Roeper and they both gave it 'Thumbs up'.
It seems that Ebert & Roeper's 'Thumbs up' is the only thing they can write in a positive review lately. They can make a negative review so colorful, and full of big insulting words, but when it comes to positive reviews, its 'Thumbs up'. Its like they just get paid for their name and the producing company puts the 'Thumbs up' themselves.

DarkAngel

Lord Vader
solarflere said:
It seems that Ebert & Roeper's 'Thumbs up' is the only thing they can write in a positive review lately. They can make a negative review so colorful, and full of big insulting words, but when it comes to positive reviews, its 'Thumbs up'. Its like they just get paid for their name and the producing company puts the 'Thumbs up' themselves.
Not sure I understand. Whether they give a thumbs up or down, they always elaborate on their show/web site. And Ebert always writes a full review.

ManicWebb

You were cold as ice...
I think they don't put as much colorful language in positive reviews because negative reviews are, quite frankly, much funner to write. Have you ever tried to pull a MST3K on a good movie? Being funny and positive is hard.

solarflere

Unfortunatly, My 14 stadium Regal theater will not have a midnight Thursday show, so I will be watching the first show on Friday. The theater expects a mob scene there, and lots of children cutting school lol. 3 days left, can't wait.

ManicWebb

You were cold as ice...
A friend of mine was talking about going to see it on Friday morning, and I told him the theatres would still be crowded. He said all the kids would still be in school, but I kept telling him they'll all cut class to see this movie. In the end, I told him to see it without me, and to tell me what the crowds are like when he gets there.

The Clown Prince

My God carries a big Hammer
Staff member
I don't know if this is has already been mentioned here, but IGN Film Force reported Monday...

May 22, 2006 - You're planning to see X-Men: The Last Stand this weekend, right? We expect most of you are. That being the case, apart from our regular reporting on the movie, IGN FilmForce now asks you to do one important thing. If you're an X-Men fan, you'll regret it if you don't! At the theater this weekend, when the credits roll, when the audiences begins to filter out of the exits... keep your seat. And then, perhaps, share this little secret with a few of your friends: the movie isn't over.

We don't want to spoil anything for you, but we want you to know that the scene that follows isn't your typical post-credits tack-on. It's a coda for one of the main characters. The scene is maybe 30 seconds in length, but it's enough. And it will surely be one of the more talked moments in the fan community.

Think you know what this scene is? Guess all you want, but chances are that you won't see it coming.

Major mutant war happens this Friday! Wolverine yells, "Hold the line!" - that stand's not easy. All you have to do is hold on through the end credits - that's much easier. You don't want miss the coda!

I love it when studios sneak in extra scenes during credits. :D

The Clown Prince

Spider-Man

There's a new spoiler filled review over at Chud.com and it's basically along the lines of many that we've seen so far. However I think this review is the first to mention the running time of the movie. I'm not sure if this is with or without credits but the review says the movie clocks in at 97 minutes making it the shortest of the whole X-Men trilogy. The review is here.

Also Coming Soon has a pile of interviews for X-Men 3 and some reviews of it are also on the way in the next couple days too.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/featuresnews.php?id=4283

I can't wait to post up the talkback on Friday for X-Men 3!

solarflere

The Clown Prince said:
I don't know if this is has already been mentioned here, but IGN Film Force reported Monday...

The Clown Prince
I heard about it as well a day ago. Sounds pretty cool.

Knight

Emerald Knight
The Clown Prince said:

The Clown Prince

Its a good thing I know about this now because I usually dont sit throught the credits.

Spider-Man

A total of 18 clips are now up at IESB. It looks like this is about it for all the X-Men 3 news before the movie hits on Friday!

http://www.iesb.net/fox2006/051506.php

Reviews are starting to pour in at Meta-Critic and Rotten Tomatoes. Here are the links to both of those sites:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/x_men_3_the_last_stand/

http://www.metacritic.com/film/titles/xmenthelaststand

I can't help but feel a bit optmistic with the incredibly positive review over at Newsarama though:

http://www.newsarama.com/movies/X3/XMenLSTAND.html

I will be putting the talkback up on Friday morning. Thank you Penguin and Jim Harvey for letting me do it for X-Men 3!

langden alger

after seeing a screening last night at the thearte i work at, i think it's safe to say we'll be seeing hot topic selling lots of t-shirts with the phrase 'I'M THE JUGGERNAUT B***h!!'

Spider-Man

More and more reviews are popping up and I can't help but be excited regardless what they say. I've seen reviews cover the whole spectrum of negative positive and mediocre. It still has a "Fresh" rating at Rotten Tomatoes but I am a bit worried it will dip down to "Rotten" when more and more reviews start coming in today and tomorrow.

Entertainment Weekly has a nice photo gallery with the actors posing in character for the movie. There are some great shots in here:

15288__wolverine_l.jpg

http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,1197549_1_0_,00.html

I will have the official talkback for X-Men 3 up tomorrow morning. Thank you The Penguin and Jim Harvey for letting me put it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts