The Official Justice League Unlimited Rumor Thread, Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squall

Calm Before The Storm
kenshi528 said:
Black Manta <tear>, which almost means more Aquaman and possibly the return of Orm or more Aquaman villains teaming up to displace him from Atlantis...
Here's a thought... What if Black Manta IS Orm? The black suit could be a suit that keeps him alive, kind of like Darth Vader's does in the Star Wars movies. Orm's body would have been quite broken after falling down that revene...

No matter what Black Manta's origins are in the comics, in the animated continuity I think this would be cool... :)

Wag

Any reason why Waverider is hanging around? Could Monarch be among the League?

Allen CARR

I belive, in the Once and Future thing part 2 alot of Batmans Beyond Future will be changed, to fit into the current JL and Jlu stories. Return of the joker might not even ever happend, Maybe Terry might be older when he appears. Future Superman might have some of the white hairs taken away, as it is becomeing clair that Superman cannot die of natural causes. Thier might be some other changes, the enitire future Unlimted League might be all new!

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Knight said:
I think there is really something to that Batman vs Batman theory. I have a feeling that its going to happen. Its either young Bruce vs old Bruce or Bruce vs Terry. I was really originally hopeing to see some ROTJ related stuff (and we still may) but since there is a bat embargo we know The Joker wont appear and he was key to that story.

I have a question does the no bat characters thing includes the future versions of Tim , Barbara and possibly Dick? They should be be exempt i would think or very easy to slide under the No major bat chacrater radar.
Yes, I think it will be either a Batman Batman fight or...Batman vs. an alternate future Drake gone Monarch. If this episode features the Batman Beyond future that got changed because of the JLU in Part One, then the ramifications could be the same in any alternate reality, Drake goes bad in one way or another. If we are right about that clue about the villain liking Batarangs it's either going to be an alternate Wayne or Drake. Since in the beginning of TNBA, Drake used a batarang as a security blanket and self-defense before becoming Robin.

Squall said:
Here's a thought... What if Black Manta IS Orm? The black suit could be a suit that keeps him alive, kind of like Darth Vader's does in the Star Wars movies. Orm's body would have been quite broken after falling down that revene...

No matter what Black Manta's origins are in the comics, in the animated continuity I think this would be cool...
Good point...bt did say he never liked that Oceanmaster name. Yes, I think you could be onto something. The comics origin really was convoluted after awhile, first jealous genius with autism, then demon manta then cured yet evil genius.

Wag said:
Any reason why Waverider is hanging around? Could Monarch be among the League?
See above. That's one story we are looking at for a Monarch type villain. But if to say that Waverider's story will be explored on JLU is another mystery. Because it is also possible that Waverider was a handful of heroes that bt just wanted to see onscreen. WHile others he definitely has plans for. As long as bt puts a spin on it.

Knight

Emerald Knight
kenshi528 said:
Yes, I think it will be either a Batman Batman fight or...Batman vs. an alternate future Drake gone Monarch. If this episode features the Batman Beyond future that got changed because of the JLU in Part One, then the ramifications could be the same in any alternate reality, Drake goes bad in one way or another. If we are right about that clue about the villain liking Batarangs it's either going to be an alternate Wayne or Drake. Since in the beginning of TNBA, Drake used a batarang as a security blanket and self-defense before becoming Robin.
So you dont think the future Tim Drake is off limits?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Knight said:
So you dont think the future Tim Drake is off limits?
Well I'm not familiar with The Batman series but isn't it in the first years of Batman's career? So technically, I would think it's ok for Timm to use Drake since it's most likely if any Robin on The Batman will appear it'll be Grayson.

Knight

Emerald Knight
kenshi528 said:
Well I'm not familiar with The Batman series but isn't it in the first years of Batman's career? So technically, I would think it's ok for Timm to use Drake since it's most likely if any Robin on The Batman will appear it'll be Grayson.
There aren't a lot of bat characters being used on The Batman but are still off limits. None of Batman's supporting cast can appear on a Timm show (Alfred,Nightwing ,Batgirl, Robin etc.). But Im think the Batman Beyond characters may be fair game but a majority of those (Like Commissioner Barbara Gordon and Tim Drake) may be off limits as well.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Knight said:
There aren't a lot of bat characters being used on The Batman but are still off limits. None of Batman's supporting cast can appear on a Timm show (Alfred,Nightwing ,Batgirl, Robin etc.). But Im think the Batman Beyond characters may be fair game but a majority of those (Like Commissioner Barbara Gordon and Tim Drake) may be off limits as well.

True, if it's Batman Beyond bat characters in their civilain identites, it might be allowed. More off if the villain if it is Drake is using a different name. If "this little piggy" was any indication, I doubt any bat supporting cast will appear even in cameo form. But I kind of want to see another Batman Batman showdown. Not because of the ensuing fight but the psychological one as well.

EJill34

Allen CARR said:
guys great new stuff, new interview with JLU writer Dwayne Mcduffy. He talks about whos gonna be in season 2 of JLU, and much more!

go here to see for yourself!http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com/rage/110529560721524.htm
I saw this on the main page and its a definitely a sweet interview. He basically confirms that we'll be seeing the Suicide Squad (!) next season and he builds upon past implications about Darkseid's return when he says that Mr. Miracle will be appearing multiple times. Its also great to see that they realize that Green Arrow, The Question (glad to see he'll be playing a big part) and Vixen were successful so we'll be seeing more of them. McDuffie also does an awesome job hyping "Once and Future Thing" which is going to be so fraggin' awesome.

The thing that really caught my attention was this part:

Dwayne McDuffie said:
"Although, several things you’ve seen already had a lot to do with the conspiracy that you probably don’t realize yet."
I wonder what those things are...maybe Brimstone in "Initiation" has something to do with it? He could also be speaking about "Hawk and Dove" or past DCAU episodes.

Somewhat off-topic: I'm really looking forward to The Road to Hell. I wonder when its coming out.

Knight

Emerald Knight
That was a nice interveiw. The fact that Michael Rosenbaum will be playing several characters almost certainly means he will be Deadshot as a member of The Suicide Squad ( I hope) I cant wait to see who's on the animated version of the team.

Dwayne McDuffie did a good job of making that season finally sound really good which I already knew it would be. Its very heavily anticipated. I wonder how Static haters will react when he makes his first official JL appearence.

Im certainly glad we will be getting more of the conspericy, the Batman and the Diana flirt thing,Amanda Waller, Luthor, Vixen and The Question (with a big part). Captain Marvel will be a great new addtion to the animated universe as well im sure.

I wonder if the Huntress and Black Canary ep will be called "Birds of Prey" it would be a nice nood to the comic.

Only sad note: No animated Crisis :sad:. I always wanted to see the Anti-monitor introduced.Oh well , everything else sounds good though.

JLfan4life

man that interview was awesome!! now i'm really really dying to see the once and future thing. and season 4 sounds good too. i can't wait to see how this conspiracy theory turns out. it sounds awesome. and of course more bm/ww makes this shipper very happy!! :D

EmaHalJordan

good :)

1-Captain Marvel
2-Suicide Squad
3-Birds of Prey
4-great finals

not good :(

1-No Crisis
2-No Hal Jordan question
3-No Firestorm question

EmaHalJordan

Allen CARR

I don't wanna see Hal Jordan anyway, thiers already Kyle and john Stewart, we don't need that guy to.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Glad to see we got more writer's names, multiple episodes with Miracle, BC and Vixen and bascially confirming the Suicide Squad but everything else was already revealed over the months. Argh, can't believe McDuffie was teasing with the old guy reference when talking about the upcoming season finale. I'm also happy to see that the Legion of Superheroes are still on the creative teams minds.

R

Robin

kenshi528 said:
I'm also happy to see that the Legion of Superheroes are still on the creative teams minds.
I swear I read somewhere that a cartoon based on the Legion was supposed to spin out of that Superman episode that they appeared on. I know it was brought up a few times, but eventually dismissed. Anyone have anymore specifics?

Knight

Emerald Knight
Robin said:
I swear I read somewhere that a cartoon based on the Legion was supposed to spin out of that Superman episode that they appeared on. I know it was brought up a few times, but eventually dismissed. Anyone have anymore specifics?
There was talk on something to that affect I read but it apparently didn't pan out which doesn't disappoint me I was never a fan of The Legion Of Superheroes. I don't mind a guest appearance but I never got into that team.I do have a Wizard article at home about it so if I find it I'll post what it said.

I actually preferred the modern day L.E.G.I.O.N. to them. Now that's a team I wouldn't mind seeing. They were a team composed of different alien races that were birthed during the Invasion crossover. Lobo was even a member at one time.

PeterFries

Robin said:
Supposedly, Alan Burnett pitched Supergirl, Legion and Aquaman series after Batman Beyond, but WB passed on all of those, as well as a pitch by Dini and Alex Ross for a Captain Marvel series. If none of those flew with WB, I can't see any other spinoffs happening. Those four were easily the most compelling possibilities.

On the other hand, the Legion would probably only work now if it was handled like Teen Titans, because Batman Beyond and the Metropolis of "modern day" Superman already look so futuristic that the 30th Century would have to get a real radical rethink to be compelling in the DCAU after JLU.

b.t.

various incarnations of "legion" have been pitched, a few times....i'm kinda surprised it hasn't happened yet, honestly....."teenage STAR TREK with superheroes" is a high-concept pitch that practically sells itself....it'll probably happen one of these days....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts